shadow demon flashing

Foaly's_Pub

Rumble Creator and Wiki editor
Bug Report Number:
Epilepsy WARNING

I posted this bug report over a month ago and uploaded a video demonstrating this issue with a few of my other pets as reference (I know no one as viewed the video and most likely not even looked at the ticket as the view counter is still at 0 from when it was posted) to even view the spec's of my machine ( as additional not it doesn't mater what dungeon I'm in it still flashes...

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
This one may not be directly possible to fix.

Near as I can tell from some quick testing, the cause of this issue is primarily from the "Shadow" (misty) aura it has enveloping it. This aura is constantly altering the colourisation of the Shadow Fiend; so whether it is a particular distance of camera, a particular camera angle, different (dynamically refreshed) lighting (like a moving global illumination out in the Hubs that go from Day to Night and back again), Fire Shield fading in/out colourisation, etc, they all impact on the the colourisation of the Shadow Fiend as they get refreshed (which is all the previously listed stuff and more). But because of that "Shadow" (misty) aura, this is exacerbated many times over as it also creates a bloom style of aura around it as well from the colour it should be, each one updated to the correct colour at the time before another does the same all over again.

The "Fix" may involve removing the Shadow (misty) Aura entirely, and that will cause this particular Cosmetic Pet going from unique to just another of the same.

There is a similar (but less prevailent) issue if you happen to have a Shadow Dragon Armour, or Shadowfell Regalia cosmetic, along with a Fire Shield Hot and Cold active, but that is less obvious as the switching between all of the effects is smoother.

J1NG

:: edit ::

Aha! Further test in the Advanced Graphics section, shows that if you disable the "Glow Mapping" option, the issue goes away with the Shadow Fiendling, although you will lose the glows of couse at that point. But disabling it prevents the issue, as the "glow" blooms were (partly) causing the issue is not utilised and thus not shown and then adjusted every moment by the Bloom Filter Quality setting.

Last edited: