Shout Out to Martyrdom & that 54 Minute Skellies Raid

DilemmaEnder

Thelanis Player
I just want to say a big THANK YOU!!! to Martyrdom & the rest of the 7:20pm Eastern Skeletons in the Closet raid group from Tuesday October 17th.

I know it was a pick up group that had a slow and bumpy start, I heard you guys were waiting for 20 mins before Martyrdom messaged me (SoloTankers) & by extention my two guildies.

I know things got a little dicey due to the Ghost Flame blasting the group.

I am just glad you all were able to hold the line and stay calm. No one gave up or said anything defeatist. I can't tell you how much of a difference it makes in a PUG for Morale to stay Neutral or better. It doesn't have to be High, but at least not letting that tone of defeat slip in to coms is a huge benefit.

I felt like Doniluck's constant problem solving sugestions made without any blame or condecending tone were a huge morale booster. It let me continue to Tank the Dino and think of ways I could help even while seeing 8-9 people dead at times. I kept going because someone else hadn't given up yet and I felt like I didn't want to be the one to quit.

I appreciated Entheos consistently coming over and helping clear out trash around me and Death's Teeth as well as putting DPS on the Dino while waiting for death timers to count down. I know I am a damage-less Tank and it would take hours for me alone to bring the Dino down. Having someone check in on me and seeing them put the hurt on that Dino in between the Resurrections they were throwing was big for my mental health.

It ended up being a 54 minute slug fest that really gave me a sense of accomplishment and joy when it was over. Not because I hated it but because I felt like we had a challenge that we worked together to overcome as a team. I've been in 15-20 minutes groups for that quest and I've been in hour long slugfests and let me tell you, either one is fine so long as everyone keeps calm and carries on.

So Thank You all! I look forward to running with you down the line.