Sorting Combat Log to ONLY see incoming mob attacks and effects.

Mokune

I have tried to do this in the past but only ended up messing up my chat windows and gave up.

I couldn't find any detailed information on DDOwiki about what does what when you right click on tab and get the list.

I hope there is something simple I am missing.

Ideally, I'd like to create a new tab (easy enough) and sort the list to only see incoming mob attacks and effects I am saving (or failing to save) against.

I tried doing just that with only "Incoming" selected and nothing showed up. So...idk

Dragavon

Part of the problem is that players have requested more and more feedback over the years, and now the log is spammed with lots and lots of nearly useless feedback, things that may be good to know but you do not really need or want all the time. I am convinced this also cause lag for players.

Filters would be nice yes.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Aye. Too much spams combat log making it near impossible to decipher. Buff spam, etc.. feh! (goes back to playing Tyranny.)

Svirfneblin

And if I'm hitting something with DR or Immunity I'd like to see it in the Combat log as like Yellow and Orange.

Reactions: DBZ

Mokune

Update (Kinda) I did find some boxes I can check/uncheck in the Options Menu to filter what is sent to Chat Log. I saw it while looking for something else (turn off sentient voice). Under "UI Settings" iirc.

Havn't taken a moment to fiddle with it though.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
there's nothing. can't turn off, say, paladins aura buffs (which really spam for me) or any aura, etc.. too much crap to filter n the GUI only shows so many lines. is bs.

Mokune

Fiddled it out LOL. Got my Combat Log only showing enemy attacks right now. Had to check some boxes in the Options=>UI Settings=>"Turn off feedback for ..." Till I got it down to chat showing *just* Mob Attacks AND [Effects] You benefit from ... (in blue font).

I then right clicked the Combat tab in chat, opened Set Incoming Text Types to ONLY have Combat and Dice checked.

This step removed the [Effects] You benefit from ... (in blue font) from the Combat chat window leaving only enemy attacks.

seph1roth5

That's a nice short-term solution, but what if the next quest you want to see why your hits aren't doing enough damage lol. Have to go back into options and reverse everything? The Chat UI in general is just really really old and bad. I've suggested numerous times over the years that the checkboxes not go away EVERY time you use them. It's such a giant hassle to fiddle around with them.

Mokune

That's a nice short-term solution, but what if the next quest you want to see why your hits aren't doing enough damage lol. Have to go back into options and reverse everything? The Chat UI in general is just really really old and bad. I've suggested numerous times over the years that the checkboxes not go away EVERY time you use them. It's such a giant hassle to fiddle around with them.
I agree. Over-all it leaves a lot to be desired. However, nearly every time I even look at the combat log I am just interested in mob effects. The times I want to see why I am getting yellow damage on melee attacks are the times when the Combat Log has NO information on DR listed and I suspect PRR which doesn't seem to be reported. Like Vine Stalkers.