"Stop Killing Games" movement, will DDO abide?

https://www.stopkillinggames.com/

Hello, I hope I don't overstep my boundaries, just wish to spread awareness and hope this would apply to this game I love so much. I do not wish for it to completely die when the time comes. It is my hope that the developers would at least return us the favor by patching the game to be run locally, patching it to be moddable so that this game can continue to live. FAQ here

Please spread awareness.

Thanks.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown

https://www.stopkillinggames.com/

Hello, I hope I don't overstep my boundaries, just wish to spread awareness and hope this would apply to this game I love so much. I do not wish for it to completely die when the time comes. It is my hope that the developers would at least return us the favor by patching the game to be run locally, patching it to be moddable so that this game can continue to live. FAQ here

Please spread awareness.

Thanks.
Hmm.

Leaving aside whether this commendable initiative is generally successful (I have significant doubts), bear in mind that nearly all of DDO's content is based on intellectual property SSG have licensed from Wizards of the Coast - an agreement which WoTC will have absolutely no obligation to extend to a modding community after their partnership with SSG expires. And, let's face it, they will not.

DDO Gaming

// Selling you a game as a good, not telling you how long it will last //

DDO isn;t sellable product, its a downloadable service hence as a gamer you never claim ownership since you never purchased any product.

Furthermore corporates taking control of multiuse access means they take responsibility for 24/7 access. If 100 gamers have a purchased product installed on their computer they need to synch to ensure they are playing at the same time.

Think about that: gamers need to synch in the realworld to play at the same time. How many DDO gamers in your guild do you know personally?

Last edited: