"That hireling is already in your party"

jfbn

Been getting this error message regularly when I try yo load the Lvl10 Scarecrow hireling.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Misadventure

Killing everybody on Hardcore with pleasure.
Get out of quest, then leave party.
Some hirlings just want extra pay or something and dont leave the party even after you shut down ddo.

Yes, this could be the 'Mutiny Clause' I've had this happen with my druid npc/pet user. What I think is happening is: If I leave that npc Or pet someplace not within my vision range "told it to stay' or stand by a lever, Or it got left behind because it didn't figure out a doorway etcetera, or it died and I didn't pick up his bones... Then I leave the quest... That particular pet stays in the group and .."I think it's mad, cause it got left behind"... It isn't around once I am out in the explorer.. but is in the group -> while I am in town too? So, when I go to or get to the next quest I try to resummon it-nope, I try to kick it out-nope, can't even kick it out in the quest, I think it's a mutiny and it took over the group (as I believe it stays in the group, even after you leave). So if this is the scenario you're experiencing, yep it'll be a total bust of group and reform. Leave no npc behind and it might avoid the mutiny clause.

jfbn

Been there. Did that. Got the t-shirt. And the hireling remains in ghost form.

Removed the hireling contract from inventory to Personal bank and got a different one from another toon. Still wouldn't load.

Even lasted through a computer reboot. Crazy stuff.

Finally moved all contracts to Shared bank and that seemed to remedy the issue.