The Bark and the Blade incorrect information

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
I think I may have misinformed you @PurpleSerpent.

I ran "The Bark and the Blade" again today and paid close attention to the rune wheels. Indeed, the Yellow rune wheel was solved by the "orange X" symbol, as the page mentioned before we changed it. But I am 100% sure that the last time I ran this, the Yellow rune wheel had the "white triangle" at the top spot after being solved (and keep in mind that the rune wheel can't be rotated any more after being solved).

So the following test needs to be made: turn the Yellow wheel to the "white triangle" symbol first, and then solve the other 3 rune wheels, and check if the puzzle is solved. If it's solved, then the Yellow wheel has 2 solutions. If not, then I don't know how to replicate what I had previously noticed. I'd do it myself, but I'm ransacked on the quest, and it's too long of a quest to run just for a test. If nobody else tests this I'll run it next week.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
I think I may have misinformed you @PurpleSerpent.

I ran "The Bark and the Blade" again today and paid close attention to the rune wheels. Indeed, the Yellow rune wheel was solved by the "orange X" symbol, as the page mentioned before we changed it. But I am 100% sure that the last time I ran this, the Yellow rune wheel had the "white triangle" at the top spot after being solved (and keep in mind that the rune wheel can't be rotated any more after being solved).

So the following test needs to be made: turn the Yellow wheel to the "white triangle" symbol first, and then solve the other 3 rune wheels, and check if the puzzle is solved. If it's solved, then the Yellow wheel has 2 solutions. If not, then I don't know how to replicate what I had previously noticed. I'd do it myself, but I'm ransacked on the quest, and it's too long of a quest to run just for a test. If nobody else tests this I'll run it next week.
It's both. I ran the quest yesterday and the white triangle worked - it must be semi-random.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
I wonder what the actual in-game clue shows. That's gotta be the correct one, and the other solution's just a bug.
Actually, never mind - on reflection, I tried white triangle, it didn't work, then I switched it to Orange Cross, which is the right one.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
Actually, never mind - on reflection, I tried white triangle, it didn't work, then I switched it to Orange Cross, which is the right one.
Huh, I tried a couple other symbols, like the red one, and it worked, so I thought almost all symbols worked on that wheel. Weird.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
I figured out what's going on. It's the Orange X that's the correct solution. So once you turn the wheel to it, the wheel counts as solved. The bug is that the wheel counts as solved even after you move past the Orange X. This can be replicated by not touching the Yellow Wheel at all, and then solving the Purple Wheel - you'll notice the set is not solved. But if you rotate the Yellow Wheel 360 degrees (all the way around so that the green symbol is on top again), and then solve the Purple Wheel, the set will be solved.

Last edited:

Contessor

You can continue to turn wheels if you keep clicking. I farmed x3 characters to ransack and the wheels are always the same and match the clues. The bug is wheels can continue to be turned spamming.