Two Weapon Fighting Question

bookmarked

It finally struck me: With Single Weapon Fighting and Two Handed Fighting, when you have the appropriate weapon equipped, you get an icon in the status area (upper left, with buffs, debuffs, etc.), but with Two Weapon Fighting, there's no icon. Why the inconsistent behavior?

I suppose it doesn't really matter as long as the appropriate effects are applied. Just curious.

Thanks!

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Do you really want another icon? n with so many things not WAI, as long as I can KILL iDC :)

*btw, SSG counts on idjits liek me :) but I really don't want another indicator.. tumble broke me.

bookmarked

TWF doesn't provide an inherent buff so there's no need for it to be on the buff bar. THF and SWF both provide a melee power bonus that only applies while that style is active.
Does the +20% chance to proc an off-hand attack (for a total of 40%) not count as a buff?

Personally, I like having the fighting style icons listed. If for no other reason, I find its absence helpful as a reminder that I forgot to switch back to a preferred style of weapon after switching to a different weapon to meet a specific situation. I can see that some might prefer to not see them, though.

On a somewhat related note, the Combat Style bonus wiki page (which hasn't been updated since 2015) still lists the TWF feat chain as a source of the Combat Style bonus, which I'm assuming was changed at some point.

Fauxknight

There's no need to apply the extra offhand strike chance as a separate buff because it's not a stat that is used unless you are actively TWF, unlike say melee power which can affect a number of things. It's easier to just dump offhand strike chance into your raw stats, which should be listed under the melee stats listing.

There should be other effects that show up on your buff bar that only take effect when TWF, but at the same time not every bonus shows up as a buff.