Updated: If you lose stat/skill tomes on reincarnarion - Support will suggest you imagined having them!

PortlyAssassin

tl/dr: Lost stat tome feats, Support think I imagined having them.

I have been playing since beta, on and off, and nowadays just play one day a week with a group of friends. The recent black friday sale advertised +8 tomes and I was thinking it had been a while since I upgraded my stats(on my Main, Thenalon) so I might just take advantage of the offer, but when I went to check my current tome level I saw I had no tome feats for skills or stats showing.
I had thought in my previous life that my stats were under par, but I played that life pretty casual as a blasty Favour Sould and I didn't care about DCs or anything so I didn't look too closely. I think I may have been missing these feats for that life as well. The life before that was a ranger/rogue and I think I would have noticed the missing stats there but no guarantees as I have been pretty casual in my playing the last few years.
I did some checks (getting naked etc) and confirmed that I was not getting the bonii and it was not just a cosmetic issue. I checked my secondary character (Smegov) and that one showed the expected feats etc, so I logged a ticket with support.

Support wanted some idea on when I last used a tome, which would have been years ago as I think I was +6 but I might have been +7, so I wasn't able to give them very precise information but they went off and looked and ultimately came back with;
Thank you for the update. I do not see any saga completion rewards for the total favor bonuses in the past couple years for your reporting character nor is there any purchase history regarding the tome. Regarding the skill tomes, I can confirm that they were never obtained by this character at least.

I can say with at most from what we can prove evidently on our end that there was no logs of you having such tomes active on your character within the past couple years. Could it be potentially another character that you may be remembering regarding the ability tome(s)?

If you have any further questions or concerns, please message me back so I can assist you further.

Thank you,

Customer Support
Standing Stone Games
The skill tomes was an incidental thing, but I actually had emails from 2021 for the Tome of Skill x6 (+5 to Any Skill Except UMD) & 1 × Tome of Skill (+5 to Use Magic Device) and those don't show on my Main or secondary. Not to mention that before cannith crafting used tomes I used to just read the skill tomes whenever I got one I could use.
I find it inconceivable that support would suggest that a character I have been playing for over a decade, with 14-15 past lives (I know, casual :)) and most of those lives were casters where DC is important, would forget whether I had used stat and/or skill tomes in the past!

To be fair, I think supports job might have been complicated by the likelihood that it was probably not my most recent reincarnation that lost the feats, but this is a known problem with plenty of examples on the old forums and elsewhere.
It should have been obvious to support from my spending history, or the fact that my character has maxed out store bought tomes of fate, destiny, racial ap etc that it is anomalous that it is missing the simple, easy and oldest form of bought character advancement. I even have excess destiny and fate tomes in my bank that I accidentally bought for Smegov, as I had forgotten that I had already upgraded him. I overspend on this game regularly, and this ticket was even brought about because I wanted to spend more, yet now I am in a situation when it seems that it would be foolish to spend on permanent upgrades as support will not help if they go missing! I would be upset that I missed the black friday sale on +8 tomes if not for this message, and likely I will stop spending on this game and not be interested in continuing to play DDO with my group of friends. I will be campaigning that we move our gaming to another game that is more reliable.

I wrote a more ranty version of this in reply to the support ticket, but it was closed with no further response.

Support Ticket #325629
Edit: Added support ticket number in case someone with access reviews this.

Update: After adding the shop transaction screenshot showing the tomes (Skill tomes bought in 2021 and Stat tomes bought in 2017), support finally replied and said they will replace the skill tomes ;

Those tomes have been mailed to your reporting character. As for the ability tome; that was purchased and >delivered Oct 23, 2017 while the reporting character was created on Oct 28, 2017 with no logs of that time period >of it ever being consumed.
If you have any evidence to support the claim that the tome was active on your character at any point and time, we >will investigate the issue further.

I can only assume the date they have for my character creation is from some data migration as Thenalon was created long before then. I have replied with an email from WB Games DDO support from 2015 when I logged a ticket for Thenalon.

It really seems they are actively trying to catch players out with a whole "Prove it" in order to get any support at all!

Last edited: