Warlock Requests

J2345678

Players Council 2015
My Warlock Requests
  • Increase the Eldritch Blast base speed and tracking until it can hit a moving target.
    rabidfox 'Suggestion: improve warlock blast tracking'

• Remove the wind up pause at the start of your EB attack sequence.
    There's a pause, about one attack, at the beginning. This disrupts your EB attack chain when using spells and abilities. It's incredibly irritating.

• A new Warlock feat or epic feat for immunity bypass. Something to make enemies vulnerable to the element of your Warlock Pact for X seconds.
    Warlocks need this with only one permanent element choice at level 1.

• Fix Tainted Scholar core 5 Blood Component "Your eldritch Blast Shapes attack 10% faster".
    This doesn't seem to do anything.
    Phone timer 10 seconds. Hold attack and press start at the same time.
    No Blood Component 14 attacks, with 14 attacks.

• Blast Essence: Faltering Blast increase the slow chance to 20%.
    This competes against light/alignment and piercing with bonus damage. 10% chance to slow non-bosses for 6 seconds is way too low.

• Blast Shape: Beam and Focused give them double range like Enlarge Spell.
    Cone shape is short range, the others are medium, this would give Warlocks something for long range and give these shapes some purpose with flavor.

• Blast Shape: Enervating Shadow allow it to pass through enemies to your target like Precise Shot.
    Better functionality and flavor.

• Blast Shape: Chain <edited to avoid confusion> I just want it to look like lightning with your pact color and hit your target instantly with no projectile. The chain wisps should also look like lightning.
    This is what it should've always been. You can do it!

• Fix the doors and roots not breaking from EB.
    Many breakable doors, roots, or whatever force you to toggle EB off to break them.

Last edited:
Upvote 6

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Blast Shape: Chain change this to look and work like the Chain Lightning spell.
Blast shape: chain currently is amazing. Only thing on this list I disagree with. As long as the initial shot lands then it's great (suffers from the same tracking issues for the initial hit as other warlock blasts). I often prefer it over cone.

Lazuli

Not sure on blast shape chain, yes to all the others sugggestions.

I think we also need to improve the EB scaling in high reaper, and review some pact spells, which are too useless.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Can we add better ways to get imbues on our blasts and maybe even an imbue option for acolyte? right now our only option is 18 levels and ES...
If you're running AotS (or fiend lock), try Helf Dilettante: warlock; the imbue works on spell casts and blasts; the damage isn't amazing and the 2 second internal cooldown isn't great but it's a bit extra damage until the day we see another imbue options.

J2345678

Players Council 2015
Blast shape: chain currently is amazing. Only thing on this list I disagree with. As long as the initial shot lands then it's great (suffers from the same tracking issues for the initial hit as other warlock blasts). I often prefer it over cone.

For clarity on the chain shape:
I just want it to look like lightning with your pact color and hit your target instantly with no projectile.
The chain wisps should also look like lightning.

Svirfneblin

As a long time warlock player I agree on all ideas and counts except the last one I don’t need that chain lightning bit. Warlock is a cool class but it’s just kind of petered out and faded away over the years plus give us a chance to get more eldritch blast dice somewhere. Whether you add it to tier 5 tainted Scholar or core 12 18 20….

But the most annoying thing is the Eldrich blast is slow and it doesn’t home in enough and the range is short I mean if a little gnome alchemist can throw a bottle all the way across the map why can’t we use our magic to shoot Eldrich blast just as far and accurately ??

Could we get an imbue that does not entail core 5 of enlighten spirit?

I thought we were supposed to get a warlock oriented epic destiny how is that coming along?

Last edited:

droid327

I'd love to see the casting delay removed from EB animation, but I really think that's a deliberate design decision and an intentional tradeoff for EB costing no SP and having the best AOE in the game. I think they want to make Warlocks have to think a step ahead, and not just hold down LMB and bulldoze (at least more than they already do)

No casting delay may also make it possible to twitch and cast much faster than intended, and no one wants to see the game get taken over by spazlocks :D

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I'd love to see the casting delay removed from EB animation, but I really think that's a deliberate design decision and an intentional tradeoff for EB costing no SP and having the best AOE in the game. I think they want to make Warlocks have to think a step ahead, and not just hold down LMB and bulldoze (at least more than they already do)
It has the reverse effect where it's often better to just hold down the LFM and auto-attack. Ideally one wants to weave in consume, stricken, eldritchball/wave, spells, epic strikes, etc. but with the wind-up/delay between blasts and other attacks/spells, it doesn't play smoothly enough to encourage using them. It would probably only take minor tweaks to the front/back end delays of blasts to make them feel much better and allow for transition to casting to feel nice.

It's also not the best AoE in the game. Sure, for early levels and/or low difficulty leveling, it's very strong and low effort to use. But at high levels with the difficulty turned up, it doesn't scale up well for damage compared to stronger AoE setups like melee with strikethru (or nukers); the burst damage just isn't there.

droid327

It has the reverse effect where it's often better to just hold down the LFM and auto-attack. Ideally one wants to weave in consume, stricken, eldritchball/wave, spells, epic strikes, etc. but with the wind-up/delay between blasts and other attacks/spells, it doesn't play smoothly enough to encourage using them. It would probably only take minor tweaks to the front/back end delays of blasts to make them feel much better and allow for transition to casting to feel nice.

It's also not the best AoE in the game. Sure, for early levels and/or low difficulty leveling, it's very strong and low effort to use. But at high levels with the difficulty turned up, it doesn't scale up well for damage compared to stronger AoE setups like melee with strikethru (or nukers); the burst damage just isn't there.
I've found if you hit the button as you're doing your second blast, it queues up smoothly after the third, and then rolls into the next triplet with the same delay it would normally have anyway. It just requires you to time things out a second or two before you want them. Its only breaking your chain to do an action that really incurs a "penalty cooldown".

And the best AOE as in Chain is able to hit multiple mobs separated by a greater distance than any other AOE geometry. Its not the nukiest, but its got the most actual area of effect.

cursedblessedone

Trigger Me Elmo
My Warlock Requests
  • Increase the Eldritch Blast base speed and tracking until it can hit a moving target.
    rabidfox 'Suggestion: improve warlock blast tracking'

• Remove the wind up pause at the start of your EB attack sequence.
    There's a pause, about one attack, at the beginning. This disrupts your EB attack chain when using spells and abilities. It's incredibly irritating.

• A new Warlock feat or epic feat for immunity bypass. Something to make enemies vulnerable to the element of your Warlock Pact for X seconds.
    Warlocks need this with only one permanent element choice at level 1.

• Fix Tainted Scholar core 5 Blood Component "Your eldritch Blast Shapes attack 10% faster".
    This doesn't seem to do anything.
    Phone timer 10 seconds. Hold attack and press start at the same time.
    No Blood Component 14 attacks, with 14 attacks.

• Blast Essence: Faltering Blast increase the slow chance to 20%.
    This competes against light/alignment and piercing with bonus damage. 10% chance to slow non-bosses for 6 seconds is way too low.

• Blast Shape: Beam and Focused give them double range like Enlarge Spell.
    Cone shape is short range, the others are medium, this would give Warlocks something for long range and give these shapes some purpose with flavor.

• Blast Shape: Enervating Shadow allow it to pass through enemies to your target like Precise Shot.
    Better functionality and flavor.

• Blast Shape: Chain <edited to avoid confusion> I just want it to look like lightning with your pact color and hit your target instantly with no projectile. The chain wisps should also look like lightning.

• Fix the doors and roots not breaking from EB.
    Many breakable doors, roots, or whatever force you to toggle EB off to break them.
You try using mouse lock? I find using mouse lock and targeting the targeting circle slightly in front of the enemy I aiming at just like you would with a real rifle scope I ararely have issue hitting stuff. also chain blasting is better.......