What is this sword?

Batman

300px-Davny_Selkin.png

Faline_Abbot.png

Dragon_Knight.png

Aelonwy

I searched the wiki on Great Swords and Bastard Swords and couldn't find a match. It could be this is an NPC-only item. However, as it is equipped on a PdK there is one final possibility that isn't easy to check. In Wheloon and possibly Stormhorns too, I am uncertain, Wondrous Craftsmanship Items sometimes drop. These items were given unique appearances. But because it is so random... when one drops, what type of item drops, etc. IIRC they only drop in named item chests in Wheloon and possibly Stormhorns and on the chain end reward lists to those two quest chains. As they are so rare and it could be any weapon or accessory that drops I don't believe there is much documentation of the unique appearances of these items. There is the slimmest possibility that this could be a Wondrous Craftsmanship Bastard Sword or Great Sword. I have kept a few of these items but unfortunately those weapon types are not in my small collection.

Aelonwy

huh... wonderous craftmanship eh? So these are eveningstar quests?
Its a possibility. And yes sort of... Wheloon and the Stormhorns are off of the Eveningstar public area. They were part of the second DDO Expansion Shadowfell. I have an image of two Wondrous items.
vD3NCOE.jpg

The goggles which look like glasses and the heavy mace which until they re-used the base graphics for the Great Club https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Crystallized_Eternity_(level_4) was unique and only to be found as Wondrous random items. Though I've never gotten a Wondrous Great Club I'm guessing it uses the same base graphics as the Wondrous Heavy Mace only enlarged. I also have a spear and a shortbow, I just haven't taken screenshots of them.

Most people do NOT keep these items any more... I believe they can be fed as sentient food and since they rarely have good enchantments and usually only 2 and no augment slots, cannot be crafted on, can only be mirrored but somehow seem to keep their minimum level even as mirrored items... they are effectively cursed by inconsistent and problematic design flaws. Which is a regretful shame because the game could absolutely use new and better artwork mixed into random generated loot.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
Yeah, I got an ax the other day in one of the wheloon quests, was a bit confused for a bit. I should have kept it.

Palumtra

Definitely A Member
Oathblade (PDK vendor Longsword) looks kinda similar, just like Knight's Blade which you get on PDK characters for reaching lvl15