What would you do?

Zxt_the_grand

I have a first life level 24 rogue with a +5 heart of wood. I want to bring life back to this character. It won't be jumping on the TR wheel. I have two characters doing that. Really just want to make the push to cap and keep him there.

+3 tomes
32 pt build

How would you bring this character to life in today's meta?
It's going to start with sharn level 15 gear and that's about it. Nothing too special

Won't be soloing, just jumping in groups

I would like to use some sort of range
Would also like to stay pure rogue is possible as well.

TLDR; anyone have a pure range rogue build? Or one with less than 5 other class levels?

Terpilar

Yeah, Rog16/Ftr4, sorry, w core 6 in Inquisitive, some trapping and fast sneaking, perhaps fast movement too from rogue trees, and yes for 10 feats (or 11 if human) and 3 special rogue abilities, with EDs in some combination of Shadowdancer, Shiradi Champion and maybe Legendary Dreadnought for the extra action boosts or another tree with some self-healing if you prefer.

Edit : Also it's an Int build but with a +3 tome you'd need 16 starting Dex for feat requirements. Use Harper tier 1 for Int to hit but Rog mechanic core 3 for Int to damage with crossbows.

Last edited:

Zxt_the_grand

Yeah, Rog16/Ftr4, sorry, w core 6 in Inquisitive, some trapping and fast sneaking, perhaps fast movement too from rogue trees, and yes for 10 feats (or 11 if human) and 3 special rogue abilities, with EDs in some combination of Shadowdancer, Shiradi Champion and maybe Legendary Dreadnought for the extra action boosts or another tree with some self-healing if you prefer.

Edit : Also it's an Int build but with a +3 tome you'd need 16 starting Dex for feat requirements. Use Harper tier 1 for Int to hit but Rog mechanic core 3 for Int to damage with crossbows.
Perfect thank you so much

Terpilar

Ratcatcher is the cbow of choice cause of crit multi right? At least to start
That's what current doctrine seems to indicate, yes, but don't let that prevent you from using interesting weapons you've picked up along the way, if just for the sake of variety.

SDK gives you 16 Dex for the cost 14, more Con for you, but you'll be AP starved enough to not allow spending many points in SDK, and there are few synergies there.

Get fletching in mechanic tree for +10 RP and returning bolts (and use those bolts of slaying and greater slaying gathering dust in your crafting storage if any - those are amazing)