IoD gear breakdown please

Graceunderpressure

Can someone break down the basic layout of IoD gear?

Looking at wiki and loot on line, looks like items that drop in any chest all have 3 augment slots?

Also looks like artifacts from raid only have 2 slots?

Can that be correct?

Also only shows some items from raid, but seems like there are a lot more covered by wiki.

Is there any thread or other that give a complete breakdown of what is available for loot so you can plan a gear set?

Eg. Of good melee gear set would be appreciated as well!

Thanks! 😀

rabidfox

The People's Champion
So a bunch of dread gear has 1 dino crafting slot (what type depends on the item) + 2x augment slots.
Artifacts from dread have all 4 dino crafting accessory crafting slots + 3x augment slots.
and then weapons have all 4 dino crafting weapon crafting slots + 2x augment slots.

Last edited:

woq

Elminster

My DPS is already beast-mode "pull off any tank" level.

After tinkering with Maetrim's builder I realized I'm less than half the power level I should be due to not having IoD.

Jeeez...ussss ... I can probably solo R8/9 EZ with this kind of damage output as a melee.

Insane.

Last edited:

Graceunderpressure

So the items that drop in wilderness area area all either artifacts or weapons and the weapons that drop there do Not count towards item set bonus correct?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
There's a few named items that drop in the wilderness too. But that's correct about the weapons, only the attuned weapons from the raid have the set bonuses on them.

edit: there's the exceptions of named weapons like https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Legendary_Naildriver that do have the set bonuses that aren't from the raid. But most people aim for the fully craftable weapons for sentient weapons with debuffs (of which there's raid and non-raid versions of each, with slightly different damage values and having/not having set bonuses).

Graceunderpressure

Really surprised they call the combined ingredients Augments!

Augments to me have always been a separate and identifiable thing.

Calling the crafted ingredients Augments just seems confusing to me.

Could have called them Fossils, Rocks, Stones, or even gems like in S/L’s crafting. Anything but Augments! 😂

Dementedleo1974

How bad is the Dino crafting realistically? I am debating to get IOD or Fey as the gift on one of my accounts. What would ya all suggest? I dont have Vecna, IOD, Fey or Saltmarsh

Graceunderpressure

So what are the rare augments that drop in the raid that l hear about? Are these Augments in the conventional sense? Or are they Augments for Dino bone crafting?