Update 64+ Preview 1 Feedback: Chronoscope Loot

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
~~~ Extensive List of Issues/Inconsistencies with Chronoscope Loot ~~~

- In my opinion H/E/L Ring of the Green Abishai should have +Conjuration instead of +Necromancy. Or maybe both if you wanna be nice :)

- Bold Tactician seems like a weak Set Augment to me, but I don't know how I'd fix it.

- Infested Chainmail & Infested Scalemail are the wrong armor type and have wrong icons.

- Interesting to see INT be the ability that drew the short straw in the new item batch. One would expect CON to be the one missing, given how it's the universal stat.

- The new and old heroic armors and the old weapons (listed below) need augment slots. The argument that they'd be too strong is moot, as the newly released Cat'astrophe weapons (which are ML4) have 4 obscenely strong effects and an augment slot too. The Chronoscope weapons, which we should keep in mind are *raid* gear, even have 3 actual effects only.
Infested Armor
Infested Scalemail
Infested Chainmail
Diabolist's Docent
Diabolist's Robe
Hellfire Crossbow
Staff of Nat Gann
Hellstroke Great Axe
Timeblade
Infested Armor

- Heroic & Epic Boots of Corrosion should only have 1 augment slot (currently have 2).

- Heroic & Epic Goggles of Time-Sensing should only have 1 augment slot (currently have 2).

- The following items should have an additional augment slot:
Legendary Infested Scalemail
Legendary Infested Chainmail
Legendary Infested Armor
Legendary Staff of Nat Gann
Legendary Hellstroke Great Axe
Legendary Hellfire Crossbow
Legendary Helm of Frost
Legendary Charged Gauntlets
Legendary Scorched Bracers
Legendary Envenomed Cloak

- Epic Hellfire Crossbow should have Greater Incineration instead of Incineration.

- All 3 versions of Timeblade should have Steel as their material, not Adamantine. fixed

- Epic Goggles of Time-Sensing is lacking the Haste Clicky of the heroic and legendary version (you can just put the good old CL 5 Haste here since that's what the leg version has too).

- Heroic & Epic Timeblade erroneously make mention of "Caster Level: 3" in their descriptions (it is due to Slowburst and Improved Slowburst). This is true for all other items with Slowburst/Improved Slowburst as well (such as the Cat'astrophe-weapons Ball o' Yarn & Crochet Crusher).

- Legendary Boots of Corrosion should have Utter Disintegration Guard (like the other legendary items, such as Legendary Vulkoorim Dervish Robe) instead of Disintegration Guard (found on ML 10 items).

- Legendary Envenomed Cloak should have Legendary Virulent Poison Guard instead of Greater Poison Guard (DC 28 too low for legendary content).

- Epic and Legendary Infested Armor should have Steel as their material (like the Heroic version) instead of Dwarven Iron.

- Epic Infested Armor/Epic Infested Scalemail/Epic Infested Chainmail should have Improved Demonic Shield instead of Demonic Shield (in line with other Epic items, such as the Epic Diabolist's Ring (very same pack!), Epic Ring of Baphomet & ML20 Epic Cavalry Plate).

- Epic Infested Armor/Epic Infested Scalemail/Epic Infested Chainmail should have DR 15/Good (not DR 5/Good), so that they are in line with all other Epic items, such as Epic Marilith Chain, Epic Golden Greaves, Epic Stonemeld Plate Armor, and Epic Full Plate of the Ringleader.

- Legendary Infested Armor/Legendary Infested Scalemail/Legendary Infested Chainmail should have Legendary Disease Guard instead of Greater Disease Guard (DC 28 too low for legendary content).

- Legendary Infested Armor/Legendary Infested Scalemail/Legendary Infested Chainmail should have Improved Demonic Shield instead of Demonic Shield (in line with all other Legendary items).

- Legendary Infested Armor/Legendary Infested Scalemail/Legendary Infested Chainmail should have DR 50/Good (not DR 5!!/Good), so that they are in line with other heavy Legendary armors, such as Legendary Templar's Bastion and Legendary Templar's Docent. At the very least, they should have DR 30/Good, in order to be in line with the light Legendary armors, such as Legendary Tourney Armor and Legendary Marilith Chain.

- Legendary Diabolist's Ring, Legendary Bracers of the Demon's Consort, and Perfected Bracers of the Demon's Consort have an effect called "Legendary Demonic Shield", which is the exact same effect as "Improved Demonic Shield" (tested and confirmed). There's no reason for 2 identical effects to exist under different names, so "Legendary Demonic Shield" should be replaced by the more widely used (but identical effect) "Improved Demonic Shield" on the aforementioned 3 items.

- Clicky bugs (keeping in mind that Clickies don't obey spells' Max Caster Levels):
Legendary Helm of Frost: Polar Ray is CL 17, should be CL 30, like the one on Legendary Winter's Wrath.
Legendary Hellfire Crossbow: Meteor Swarm is CL 17, should be CL 30.
Legendary Ruby Encrusted Gauntlets: Meteor Swarm is CL 17, should be CL 30.
Legendary Scorched Bracers: Fire Storm is CL 17, should be CL 30.

Thank you for caring.

Last edited:

QuantumFX

Hey Tonquin - A Set bonus between the Infested Armors and either the greataxe and the Repeating Crossbow could be a fun addition. As a placeholder, you could call it "I beat up an Orthon and all I got was this set bonus". Maybe give it unique profane bonuses like doublestrike/doubleshot so it's sure to stand out?

FuzzyDuck81

The disease guard could do with being upgraded to legendary DCs.
DR on the armour needs to be higher; for comparison legendary templar's bastion is 50/ so 30/ would be bare minimum with the other effects.

Set bonus augs are nice, can't necessarily being used to override existing set bonuses much but there's decent loot out there (like the new illithid invasion gear) that would definitely benefit from them.

Putti

This would be a good opportunity to correct the material on the Timeblade unless it has already been done. It shows as adamantite, but is functions as normal steel.

apep

It's probably too late to add new loot, but I'd like to suggest being able to combine the set of 5 rings or belts or necklaces into a giant robot "of the abishai devastator" version.

Kalibano

Build Designer. Having fun since 2006!
On a slight side note:

Perhaps the Dread profane set can be adjusted to make the effects below match their counterparts in other 5-piece profane sets (Leg Abishai @30 and Leg Forbidden Knowledge @32):
+2 Profane bonus to Spell DC's
+2 Profane bonus to All Ability Scores

It doesn't make sense for a level 31 set not to give +3, when the other 2 profane sets listed above (especially when one is lower level @30) give that.

An adjustment (perhaps with the release of Leg Chrono) could help rectify this discrepancy.

Last edited:

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
On a slight side note:

Perhaps the Dread profane set can be adjusted to make the effects below match their counterparts in other 5-piece profane sets (Leg Abishai @30 and Leg Forbidden Knowledge @32):
+2 Profane bonus to Spell DC's
+2 Profane bonus to All Ability Scores

It doesn't make sense for a level 31 set not to give +3, when the other 2 profane sets listed above (especially when one is lower level @30) give that.

An adjustment (perhaps with the release of Leg Chrono) could help rectify this discrepancy.
This should absolutely be done. There's a direct comparison between The Legendary Dread Isle's Curse & Legendary Forbidden Knowledge, even if we leave Legendary Might of the Abishai out of the equation.

CBDunk

This should absolutely be done. There's a direct comparison between The Legendary Dread Isle's Curse & Legendary Forbidden Knowledge, even if we leave Legendary Might of the Abishai out of the equation.

Playing Abishai's Advocate for a moment; I've got both Dread Isle and Forbidden Knowledge sets at Legendary... and I use the Dread Isle stuff because it is more customizable and allows me to get better coverage of everything I need. Some people might give up that flexibility for the slightly higher set bonuses... so it's a tradeoff, making neither set clearly superior to the other for all/most cases.

On the other hand, Legendary Might of the Abishai at 30th level having the same bonuses as Forbidden Knowledge at 32nd does make a solid case that Dread Isle at 31st should as well.

Rincewind

Done! Thank you!
Any chance we can make some major changes to old items, at least for the legendary versions? maybe even adding the set to the weapons? I just don't want to go all in if there is not going to be major changes ( a few of us tried the last time this items were upgraded to lvl 30 but we were told the items wouldnt be changed much if at all to preserve the integrity of the versions ( heroic, epic and legendary). I'm not trying to be agresive or anything, I understand that sometimes you just don't have enough time, thats why im asking, and also just aiming for legendary versions...

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

Hey tonquin, quick idea about the blue and black belts. I think one of the belts should have insightful sheltering, not this crappy INS to 1 sheltering. make it both of them. The last item to have INS sheltering was lindals mighty belt, which I cant even describe how hard it is to get. the previous item was the perfected jidz tetka, an artifact that only monks would use and that requires one of the rarest items in the game and 500 threads. and all the items previously are part of sets that arent endgame anymore. We haven't had a good INS sheltering option since IoD, and its impossible to get. Please change one of the belts to INS sheltering as it is a much better stat. Vecna already has INS physical and magical items, on non raid items. Make the non raid items feel special. As for the other belt, give it quality sheltering. the last quality sheltering item was the legendary shield of the scropion. It is a shield, which 99% of characters don't use any shield, is from 14 updates ago (nearly 2 years :O ), and its kinda silly literately NO items in a VERY long time have had this amazing stat. this is a raid item, it should feel like an amazing item. Quality sheltering fits that bill perfectly. and I don't mean quality physical or magical. that's on vecna items. make this feel like a raid item and give it quality to both. thank you
edit: currently at cap there is 2 items with quality sheltering. 2. let me repeat that. 2. this really should be more than 2, and they arent even on raid items

DBZ

If those rings had 6 dcs with crits and insightful crits now thats an item we can work with and build around

DDObot

Can we make guards good again?

So Dread allows us to make LGS effects, can we get LGS guard effects on gear as a rider effect that corresponds with the element?
and I'm not talking about a wack ~1% chance, cause if melee are building up debuffs quickly and are needed asap, just let the guards work at full speed.
Attach this effect as a rider to gear or rings or allow an upgrade effect, similar to morgrave Lost Soul->Inferno effects

Fire Abashai - LGS ash
Ice Abashai - Salt
Lit Abashai - Vuln
Acid Abashai - Ooze
etc. etc. etc.
-----------------------------
Can diabolist set have an effect that summons abashai, like the ooze/tar ooze stuff out of dread, on cast? Those ooze buddys are pretty handy when used correctly and would play very nice with the summon +12 bonus.

They can already summon a wolf/raptor/dino buddy clickies, but reoccuring ooze/abashai would be on theme (and having them be as tough as the ooze buddys)

Possible to add Disease Burst DC 110 Cackling Fever on crit effect on weapons from here?
Gold Curse dagger exists and already does something similar, and cackling fever actually functions on reapers as a decent CC since reaper saves arnt that high generally.
Bloodplate Armor - instead of DR 5/Good, can we just get 10+ Quality PRR/MRR?
DR is generally a joke, but prr/mrr is respected (since this gear most likely wont be able to have mythic bonus on it)

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
It's probably too late to add new loot, but I'd like to suggest being able to combine the set of 5 rings or belts or necklaces into a giant robot "of the abishai devastator" version.

7tVL.gif

Striga

My biggest request would be to allow Mythic and Reaper bonuses on heroic items.
Those are currently unavailable, probably related to epic crafting and bonus lost once you upgrade the items.
I think the populace already mostly knows the deal, yes, the bonuses are lost.
Now that the heroic set bonus is worth wearing, it'd be nice to have the bonuses available.

Sylvanush

Thanks for the new augments set bonus will bring more variety to choose our gear. Over all looks good. There's any news about LGoMF? like adding more sets to the roll options?. The armor has DR /5 i think is too low for a legendary gear there's other armors that are legendary and gives more on the DR. 15/ DR or more will be better on a legendary gear an this is almost nothing with the damage input we get in legendary content. The ring of the diabolist have 5 effects not sure if that is intended but looks good.
With all the game gear and sets evolving I think is time to think to revamp a little bit the the augment sets on how they work. The 3 Augment slot option seems a little bit too much for just 1 effect benefit and sometimes will be interfering with full bonus of the sets. Now we have many options for 5 piece sets that give us a new profane bonus or other bonus. It would be awesome if the augment set can be 2 slots for 1 effect. In my opinion will be great. Also will be great if we can get a Named Good DR augment that gives Good DR plus another effect or if is not too OP A Good Burst Augment like the ones we got in ToEE we don't have any Named Good DR breaker augments and i think now with legendary content will be a great add.

Thanks again.

Yamani

Tyrannical Overlord
Might be a big ask but can we get chests throughout this raid to represent all of the S/S/S chests with legendary versions dropping.
For example:
Blood plate fight has a chest for Vault of Kundarak Loot
The tavern chest for red fens loot.
Mailbox for Sands loot.
Optional chests for the rest?

seph1roth5

dr 5 has to be a typo. Honestly dr 30 on 29 gear is already kind of pointless. Maybe that should be bumped up to 50, and 32 gear dr 75?

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
An LGoMF would actually whet my appetite for this release.

I think it should be policy that every relatively major new content release should have at least 1 showcase item for the appeasement of the playerbase. Like, "Wow! I REALLY want that item!" (I said new content so technically this revamp of chrono doesn't count... but for future reference).

l_remmie

The legendary GoMF would still be completely random and you would MAYBE get 1 after completing a legendary raid.
But that is at least 1 free chance and maybe make another person happy if it's a good fit for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.