Update 64+ Preview 1 Feedback: Chronoscope Loot

Status
Not open for further replies.

voenixa121

An LGoMF would actually whet my appetite for this release.

I think it should be policy that every relatively major new content release should have at least 1 showcase item for the appeasement of the playerbase. Like, "Wow! I REALLY want that item!" (I said new content so technically this revamp of chrono doesn't count... but for future reference).

And what are you doing once you have those items? Look at them in your inventory screen? Appeasement of the playerbase sounds relly weird. Isn't content meant to be played first and foremost? Interesting mechanics and story are much more important for that. It's not like the game is so hard that more powerful items are really needed.
If anything items with interesting new mechanics or cool looking visuals would be much better. Not just stat-bloat.
I can tell you, I will not go through a raid like this just for a +x to my stats. How boring is that.

Alternative

On a slight side note:

Perhaps the Dread profane set can be adjusted to make the effects below match their counterparts in other 5-piece profane sets (Leg Abishai @30 and Leg Forbidden Knowledge @32):
+2 Profane bonus to Spell DC's
+2 Profane bonus to All Ability Scores

It doesn't make sense for a level 31 set not to give +3, when the other 2 profane sets listed above (especially when one is lower level @30) give that.

An adjustment (perhaps with the release of Leg Chrono) could help rectify this discrepancy.
I want this for xmass

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
And what are you doing once you have those items? Look at them in your inventory screen? Appeasement of the playerbase sounds relly weird. Isn't content meant to be played first and foremost? Interesting mechanics and story are much more important for that. It's not like the game is so hard that more powerful items are really needed.
If anything items with interesting new mechanics or cool looking visuals would be much better. Not just stat-bloat.
I can tell you, I will not go through a raid like this just for a +x to my stats. How boring is that.

8686rn.jpg

You want mind-blowing D&D content and story? You're in luck!

baldurs_gate_3_art.jpg

saekee

long live ROGUE
It woukd be fun if the bloodplate armor had some kind of auto-repair or even resisted damage altogether

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
Heroic sure, only one. Epic no way. This is raid gear, and saltmarsh ML20 gear ALL has a green slot and white slot. If anything most of the epic items should have one slot added, not one removed.

Further, especially for boots of corrosion, do those items need to be nerfed by losing a slot? For the boots, two spellpowers, a guard that rarely procs, and a single elemental resist is not that strong of an item.
It's not like the devs would implement that, as they refuse to touch with a ten foot pole any post I make that lists bugs/inconsistencies of older (but modern) items.

With that said, the vast majority of Epic loot have one augment slot, not two. The few ML20 items that have 2 augment slots do so due to oversight. So for consistency's sake, the logical fix would be to make those outliers have 1 augment slot too.

Please note that I'm not arguing with your premise that "If anything most of the epic items should have one slot added" or "do those items need to be nerfed by losing a slot". The decision of when double slots should begin appearing on named items is up for the devs to make, based on useful input such as yours. All I'm doing (and this is reflected in my posts like the one you quoted) is pointing out objective inconsistencies, and drawing conclusions based on what the majority of items in a level range currently have.

Last edited:

Zoveride

Is there a specific reason why "Intelligence" was the only stat left out of the "Might of the Abishai" set?

Is this intentional or will it be available for preview 2?

Kitty2Meow

Legendary Diabolist's Ring

The Legendary Deadly Diabolist set bonus does not offer much in reaper contents as summons, charmed, and hirelings are not being used often enough.

Please consider making the Legendary Diabolist's Ring be part of the Legendary Might of the Abishai set instead?

Spook

Legendary Diabolist's Ring

The Legendary Deadly Diabolist set bonus does not offer much in reaper contents as summons, charmed, and hirelings are not being used often enough.

Please consider making the Legendary Diabolist's Ring be part of the Legendary Might of the Abishai set instead?
I dont think it would be OP to belong to both sets as one of them is very Niche. We know its possible thanks to GoMF.

RobShow

• Summon Monster IX
    Icon tooltip.png
    5 Charges (Recharged/Day:5)
  • +15 Enhancement Bonus
    Icon tooltip.png
  • Intelligence +14
    Icon tooltip.png
  • Charisma +14
    Icon tooltip.png
  • Conjuration Focus +6
    Icon tooltip.png
  • Spell Resistance +41
    Icon tooltip.png
  • Blue Augment Slot: Empty
    Icon tooltip.png
  • Colorless Augment Slot: Empty
    Icon tooltip.png

• Very, extremely weak!

It's a LEGENDARY item, so we should summon a legendary creature.

Remove spell resistance and add some useful buff to summons, pets, hires.

The last time you did something useful for minions was in RAVENLOFT, how long ago was that?

You preach so much for diversity, so start practicing the talks.

No one is asking for solo R10, but let there be multiple ways to play, not everyone wants to be UBER or be in META, but everyone wants useful stuff.

This SET should be focused on Minions. 90%+ of items are more of the same, it makes you sick.

RobShow

Status
Not open for further replies.