- Auto level when you have enough xp to do so
- Can't replay quests
- Explorer zones and challenges can be replayed
- No rerolling
- No Fred
- No Trainers

Upvote 0

PyrotechRick

Like...well everyone else...I don't like this idea but I admit that from time to time I do wonder about an "old School" server where we lose XP when we die the way we used to do....then I remember what that was actually like and I'm not so sure....

unbongwah

I'd be fine with "hardcore minus permadeath." I like the idea of everyone starting from scratch on a new server so you can't benefit from all the front-loaded power creep of multiple PLs etc. and you only have a finite amount of time to unlock seasonal rewards. OTOH I find PD stressful rather than relaxing and it warps everyone's build expectations. Like, I'm already playing IRL on Hardcore, I don't need that kind of pressure in my leisure time too.

This proposal is not that, though.

DocWatz

You still get to live once but:
- No multiclassing
- Normal difficulty only
- Auto level when you have enough xp to do so
- Can't replay quests
- Explorer zones and challenges can be replayed
- No rerolling
- No Fred
- No Trainers
As an overall package, I'm pretty sure that instead of "softcore" this would have to be called "Brittlecore". Personally, not interested - however, I could see some of the individual restrictions being part of an extreme challenge reward for a hardcore experience...

Memnir

WFMBYaq.gif

Coffey

I'd be fine with "hardcore minus permadeath." I like the idea of everyone starting from scratch on a new server so you can't benefit from all the front-loaded power creep of multiple PLs etc. and you only have a finite amount of time to unlock seasonal rewards. OTOH I find PD stressful rather than relaxing and it warps everyone's build expectations. Like, I'm already playing IRL on Hardcore, I don't need that kind of pressure in my leisure time too.

This proposal is not that, though.

There are people that obviously dont like this idea but there are far more quiet people in the shadows that would appreciate this classic game mode.

Buddha5440

There are people that obviously dont like this idea but there are far more quiet people in the shadows that would appreciate this classic game mode.
Be careful... I get slammed when I point out the shadow people, who are the majority (except for on the forums), and don't want to Zerg or run R 10.