Stat squishing reaper trees as a holdover

Status
Not open for further replies.

droid327

This is the DDO equivalent of someone with a Mercedez Benz proposing a $15,000 car tax, to keep all those dirty poors from being able to afford a C-class now too

And then trying to sell it as a good thing by saying it'll encourage people to take mass transit or bike instead lol

How about we just reset everyone who has more than 156 reaper points back down to 156, so they dont have to worry about those "extra" points anymore?

Dragavon

It will reduce the power gap, so the difficulty people play at will on average be less, making the dungeons better balanced against those weaker players, so the game becomes more enjoyable.

Weaker players get a more enjoyable game experience because the gap is less, more powerful players get a more enjoyable game experience because they can progress. It's win-win!
Why not triple the cost while you are at it?

Fanaval

I think this is a very good idea, Tilo. It is easily implementable. It has the potential to give the reaper system a purpose again giving players a reward for having many reaper points.

Critics about your idea, let's think about it, are probably made because of a power gamer/greed mentality that want to max out RP and not someone that want to play to reach an objective. This because you also proposed that if a player reach 312 RP the system should be upgraded to triple RP requirement every Reaper enhancement. The ppl that don't want this system are the ppl that want to keep their power maxed out.

Vua

I think this is a very good idea, Tilo. It is easily implementable. It has the potential to give the reaper system a purpose again giving players a reward for having many reaper points.

Critics about your idea, let's think about it, are probably made because of a power gamer/greed mentality that want to max out RP and not someone that want to play to reach an objective. This because you also proposed that if a player reach 312 RP the system should be upgraded to triple RP requirement every Reaper enhancement. The ppl that don't want this system are the ppl that want to keep their power maxed out.
No. Pretty much everyone that has read this thread believes it's beyond stupid. I'm not close to maxed out and it's just a terrible idea that literally accomplishes nothing for anyone.

NightHiker

This is a such a great idea. I mean, it's not like reaper benefits are heavily frontloaded, right? This won't make the equivalent to the now first hundred or so points doubly harder for newer players to achieve, while the maxed players will still have enough xp for those and only miss some health from the third tree...

Oh, wait.

Nope, not gonna cheer for that one.

NH

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

eightspoons

I'd rather like to see a Reaper 11 mode. It could even award 2x the XP, but completely removes the benefits of not only reaper points but all past lives as well. That way there's a totally level playing field (except for gear), and skill becomes paramount.

It'll never happen, just like the suggestion at the top of this post, but whatever, it's fun hurling futile ideas into the abyss.

droid327

I was thinking some sort of dynamic system, where every time someone maxes it out it expands! Triple is for when someone hits 312.

No, you're describing inflation. Whenever someone hits max, the value of everyone's points shrinks.

Its like telling someone close to retirement "hey your 401k just lost 10% of its buying power and now you have to wait 2 more years to retire...but hey! That just gives you something else to work for!"

T.O.

Ah yeah, watching people have to slog an extra 25 million RXP will surely be a popular thing.
5UQ6iXe.gif

I agree with Sev on this one; it's okay for a gaming system to simply be done. You hit 156 then congrats, you're done with that!
Oh it would be much more than that. To max out reaper at 312 the Rxp would be 97,344,000. A mere double up would put reaper point total at around 220.

Shardrena

Here's an idea... If you max out all your Reaper trees, the next enhancement point you get for them resets your reaper trees, removes the spent 156 points, keeps your current rxp total and amount needed to get another point, and doubles how many points each reaper enhancement costs, but only for you.

No additional power gained, because you just lost the benefits from your reaper enhancements. But now you get the "fun and challenge" of earning twice as many enhancement points to get the benefits back. With no limit for how many times this reset can happen, even if there is a hard cap on how much rxp is needed to earn a given point. Thus those who want to grind rxp endlessly get the joy of doing so for exponentially more Reaper Enhancement points just to buy back their reaper enhancements.

Note, this is a snarky joke. It's not a serious suggestion, and I recognize how bad of an idea it is. But it is a better idea then penalizing everyone else because you chose to grind out 300+ enhancement points in Reaper and have nothing to spend them on.

Reactions: dur

ChaoticDrivel

Here's an idea... If you max out all your Reaper trees, the next enhancement point you get for them resets your reaper trees, removes the spent 156 points, keeps your current rxp total and amount needed to get another point, and doubles how many points each reaper enhancement costs, but only for you.

No additional power gained, because you just lost the benefits from your reaper enhancements. But now you get the "fun and challenge" of earning twice as many enhancement points to get the benefits back. With no limit for how many times this reset can happen, even if there is a hard cap on how much rxp is needed to earn a given point. Thus those who want to grind rxp endlessly get the joy of doing so for exponentially more Reaper Enhancement points just to buy back their reaper enhancements.

Note, this is a snarky joke. It's not a serious suggestion, and I recognize how bad of an idea it is. But it is a better idea then penalizing everyone else because you chose to grind out 300+ enhancement points in Reaper and have nothing to spend them on.

Careful now...This is the first steps toward Reaper Past Lives.

Shardrena

Careful now...This is the first steps toward Reaper Past Lives.
As I said, no additional power, just additional exponentially increasing grind to get the same power back over and over again. Said grinder would rapidly reach a point where they'd never be able to buy back even one reaper enhancement.

Also, it wasn't a serious suggestion.

Can you increase the cost of reaper trees to 2 AP per ability purchased? By doubling the point cost to 312 or so to fill them all out it will create more specialization and end-game progression potential, at least until a more permanent review of reaper can be scheduled.

On top of that, it will narrow the gap between "have" and "have not" which others are complaining about, as well as reduce reaper power creep, helping to provide solutions to multiple issues at once that people are bringing up with minimal development cost. Just shift a bit over.

Thank you for leaving Cannith.

ChaoticDrivel

As I said, no additional power, just additional exponentially increasing grind to get the same power back over and over again. Said grinder would rapidly reach a point where they'd never be able to buy back even one reaper enhancement.

Also, it wasn't a serious suggestion.

Sure, I understand. But realize - they are always watching...

...Well unless ye are the sort of folk who dabbles with ambiguous polls.

Shardrena

Which "they" would this be, again? I mean, is it the Ornate Order of Obtuse Ostriches? The Royal Rumbas Reliquary? The Grand Gregorius Gelatin Group? Or maybe The Potent Polyhedron Preservation Party? Or do you refer to one I'm unaware of?

nenetteblackmoor

The improvement point for Reaper Mode is to reduce the required RXP.

You've already been leading the pack enough.
It shouldn't be a problem even if others catch up, right?

But at this rate, it will take years for others to catch up.

Like the relaxation of Raid Items for Demigod and Skeleton, I hope they stop catering to gaming addicts and make it possible for others to catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.