Stat squishing reaper trees as a holdover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vua

A new person at 0 points is 100% behind a veteran with 156 points. If we make it 2 AP per ability, a new person at 0 points is only 50% in points and 25% in total RXP needed to cap behind a veteran with 156 points, giving them a chance to catch up or even surpass the veteran on the way to 100%.

Plus the veteran has a reason to log in.

It's win-win.
Your idea sucks. You're just making it twice as hard to get to the end. Just let it go.

T.O.

A new person at 0 points is 100% behind a veteran with 156 points. If we make it 2 AP per ability, a new person at 0 points is only 50% in points and 25% in total RXP needed to cap behind a veteran with 156 points, giving them a chance to catch up or even surpass the veteran on the way to 100%.

It's win-win.
Yes moving goal posts to making funky ideas math out. Well at least sound sellable to the gullible. Quality

Blunt Hackett

Or it's a reason to not log in when my progress is cut in half. One person's win is another person's loss.
Exactly. If i have 80 points and you make it worth 40 points, that doesn't help me. I don't care whatsoever what others have.

And not only did you take half of my power away, I now have WAY more work to get those 40 points back because of how much xp it takes per point. And you just made it so I have to get to 312 which costs significantly more xp than the first 156, not just a nice and simple doubling of the work.

It wouldn't make a smaller power gap. That is a bigger gap.

Falkor

As a teacher, there is this notion that no ideas are bad ideas ... But then, there's this thread and idea. Wow.

This isn't just a bad idea. It's so bad that calling it a dumpster fire would insult dumpster fires.

Pretty sure Tilo is just trolling. And its working. lol. It's such a bad idea that I cannot believe Tilo would make this with any degree of seriousness. And if so, wow ... I'll pass on whatever is being smoked thank you. :)

There is no way this idea would benefit anyone or accomplish the intended goal. Doubling the grind is not a solution to helping new players catch up.

nenetteblackmoor

It's win-win.

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what you're saying.

So, if we take a new person at point 0 as an example, previously they could gain one ability after acquiring 1000 RXP.

Are you suggesting that adopting your proposal would mean they now need to acquire 4000 RXP to gain one ability?

For a new person, I believe the most challenging task is accumulating a ridiculous amount of experience points.

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

Sarlona Raiding

Requiring more rxp to get points isn't in any way a help to new players.

It's simply a way to make high-end reaper tree benefits more exclusive which is a step in the wrong direction.

Kimbere

Can you increase the cost of reaper trees to 2 AP per ability purchased? By doubling the point cost to 312 or so to fill them all out it will create more specialization and end-game progression potential, at least until a more permanent review of reaper can be scheduled.

On top of that, it will narrow the gap between "have" and "have not" which others are complaining about, as well as reduce reaper power creep, helping to provide solutions to multiple issues at once that people are bringing up with minimal development cost. Just shift a bit over.

It's win-win.
Put down the smoke/booze/whatever you're on. Just because a random idea runs through your mind doesn't mean you should always post it.

Practically, this would help nothing. In fact, it would be a lose-lose for multiple reasons and only further widen the gap between new players and veterans in the end.

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband

It's win-win.
The logic in this is so wrong it hurts my brain.

Lazuli

As a teacher, there is this notion that no ideas are bad ideas ... But then, there's this thread and idea. Wow.

This isn't just a bad idea. It's so bad that calling it a dumpster fire would insult dumpster fires.

Pretty sure Tilo is just trolling. And its working. lol. It's such a bad idea that I cannot believe Tilo would make this with any degree of seriousness. And if so, wow ... I'll pass on whatever is being smoked thank you. :)

There is no way this idea would benefit anyone or accomplish the intended goal. Doubling the grind is not a solution to helping new players catch up.

It's plain as day this entire topic is just troll from op.

Especially considering how some responses only purpose is to rile up the rest.
Basically. This is Tilo. He always does the same thing. He never makes sincere proposals, he always makes them with his own selfish agenda and with the intention of creating controversy.

You just have to see his historical, in this forum and in the old one. Nothing new to see here.

The Narc

Can you increase the cost of reaper trees to 2 AP per ability purchased? By doubling the point cost to 312 or so to fill them all out it will create more specialization and end-game progression potential, at least until a more permanent review of reaper can be scheduled.

On top of that, it will narrow the gap between "have" and "have not" which others are complaining about, as well as reduce reaper power creep, helping to provide solutions to multiple issues at once that people are bringing up with minimal development cost. Just shift a bit over.
Are all your posts done just so you can somehow try and fit in some brag about how many this or that you have. I mean if this post isnt about suggesting your greatness then i am not sure what you are jabbering on about!?

Guntango

Put down the smoke/booze/whatever you're on. Just because a random idea runs through your mind doesn't mean you should always post it.

Practically, this would help nothing. In fact, it would be a lose-lose for multiple reasons and only further widen the gap between new players and veterans in the end.
By win-win he meant lose-lose.

Ying

5000+ hours played
A new person at 0 points is 100% behind a veteran with 156 points.
That's a false dichotomy. A new player has years of content ahead of them to enjoy. A veteran with 156+ reaper points has nothing to look forward to, other than starting their 6th favorite toon. A veteran also has extensive skill, build knowledge and quest knowledge. New characters do not require reaper points to play the game. Hardcore proves that season after season. You can participate meaningfully in R1 raids with zero reaper points with a solid build with quest gear.

If we make it 2 AP per ability, a new person at 0 points is only 50% in points and 25% in total RXP needed to cap behind a veteran with 156 points, giving them a chance to catch up or even surpass the veteran on the way to 100%.

It's win-win.
More like lose-lose. Taking things away from players makes them really, really mad at devs. Or didn't you read the U66 Lam forum about EA aura and Dragon Breath? While they may have been necessary changes to the overall health of the game, the devs have exhausted their good-will factor with the majority of the playerbase and need time for it to recharge. I'm sure none of them appreciated the vitriol spewed at them, or the stress that comes with making such a radical change, and aren't looking to repeat that any time soon. TLDR: Too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.