Update 60.0.1 Release Notes

Hi Blonde. Sorry to hear about the consecration fix not working. It does seem that this problem is more wide spread.
And yes it's true that the "Bleed the Weak" imbue is also not fixed - still not scaling with melee power or ranged power. I'm running a shuriken build at the moment using the Dark Hunter "Bleed the Weak" imbue. It's not scaling with either mp or rp. It's doing about 14% of the damage of venomed blades and a similar small fraction of other imbues I've tested. When I do the math it matches a non-scaling metric exactly.
Dark Hunter has been out now for almost 6 months and its core ability or one of it's primary abilities still doesn't work. Very frustrating.

Onyxia2016

Is anyone else having issue with ranged monsters running away more with U60?
I thought this update was to limit this behavior. I as running ToEE last night and had to constantly chase casters and rangers through multiple rooms, aggroing everything along the way. This caused several dungeon alerts since there are packs of monsters.

Fhrek

One Badge of Honor achieved
I don't know if is just me, but someone else noted that Famine Reapers are too eager to engage in Melee Combat more often after the update?

Dark Hunter "Bleed the Weak" is doin much less damage than expected relative to other imbues - about 18% of venomed blades for example. Why is this?

After considerable testing I believe that the Dark Hunter Imbue "Bleed the Weak" may be scaling with ranged power but not with the extra shuriken from Shuriken Expertise and Advanced Ninja Training post U60 bug fix.

Because of similar numbers of extra shuriken and ranged power on my build, the testing outcome math was initially disguised. I initially thought it still might not be scaling with melee power or ranged power, but upon further testing I see actually the problem may be with the scaling of Shuriken Expertise and Ninja Spy Core 2.
All the other imbues I've tested like "Venomed Blades", "Sting of the Ninja", "Light the Candle" and "Thorn" DO scale with the extra shuriken from shuriken expertise and advanced ninja training. "Bleed the Weak" does not and therefore is much weaker - about 18% of venomed blades on my current build as of my latest testing session this last 2 hours.

Can we get some dev feedback as to whether this is WAI ?

Last edited:
Bleed the Weak still doing insignificant damage relative to other imbues post u60 bug fix.

Right now I'm testing the Henshin 'Light the Candle' vs the Dark Hunter "Bleed the Weak" with a shuriken ranged power build. 'Light the Candle' is doing almost double the damage of 'Bleed the Weak'.

So why is a d6 x mp imbue doing almost double the damage of a d8-12 x rp imbue on a ranged power build ? Something is wrong.

Ambitious

Life Shaper
@Cordovan
I noticed that in the relase notes of U60 something went missing:

"- On popular demand: We patched back into the game a 100% probability to instantly crash the game for all users who are using a bluetooth headset and encounter a raptor. Enjoy!"

Frankly, it is beyond me what is so difficult to fix here. Some easy-fix suggestions:

- Remove the raptor sound from the game. Tadaa - no more crashing
- Since you force bt headset users to play wihtout sound, why not make the entire game without sound. That makes the game leaner and saves you dev time and money to create sounds, sfx and music. Also, no more crashing
- In the game launcher, under options, let the players select which version of the open audio library should be used. With this, we can also avoid crashing
- Let everything as it is and annoy people to the point, that they cancel the sub and stop playing. Basically what you did with me. Since I am not starting my DDO client any more, it also is a surefire way to prevent it from crashing.

Hey, is there any word on fixing the Reaper fragment vendor to accept thrown named items and the new wands from TOEE for fragments of reaper power?

Also is there a way to fix the filigrees that are Deception (rare) with +2 Ranged power? They currently add +2 PRR instead and no ranged power.

Is there a way to fix Cruelty of Evil on GMoF epic destiny so that is adds the +1 sneak damage per rank...currently only adds +1 sneak attack but says should be both.

Thanks

dunklezhan

"Vistani
  • Kukris now function with this tree, with the exception of the core 12, which only gives +1 multiplier (this keeps them in parity crit-wise with daggers as they naturally have +1 threat range over them.)"
I was remarking to my static group this week how much I hate the way the rogue enhancement trees straightjacket you to certain weapons, massively restricting what is meant to be an uber-flexible rogue class. I've never got over this lol, and it does kinda mess with my mojo (as an old timey DnD player, my rogues typically used a rapier and shortsword, fafhrd and gray mouser style. In modern DnD parlance F & GM should be fighter rogues, I guess, but that wasn't always a thing back in T'day.). I don't *want* to multiclass and with rogue I really shouldn't have to, they have a great set of proficiencies built into the class, and I dislike very much the way the enhancement trees railroad you to specific weapon selections - I've always hated it, I said so verbosely on the forums at the time. If I wanted to be hog tied to a path I'd play WoW, basically. Many other enhancement trees are way more open.

Part of my moaning was to talk about vistani knife fighter and how if you *do* make an assassin the devs have made it that you'd still be stupid to still take kukris, even further restricting assassin - you should take daggers and do assassin+vistani. Its a no brainer.

So... this change is sort of good, in that it removes one of the buckles from the rogue's multilayered straightjacket, but also still bad in as much as rogue is still basically confined to 4 weapons - dagger, kukri, q-staff and xbow - instead of the full range that the raw class actually supports, and if playing an assassin you are you are well and truly objectively worse off if you do not also spend in Vistani.

It's like you heard my moaning, and took a buckle off the straightjacket but then for good measure tightened all the other straps.

Are there *any* intentions to bring some level of "any way you like it" rogue options back?

Fighter and Paladin get a wide array of weapon support in their trees. Heck, Bard doesn't have to put up with this drek. Why do you want Rogues so pigeonholed for their weapon selections? Why do you hate variety?*

Dang it: why can't my rogue just use rapiers and shortswords as Gygax clearly intended whilst he was busy basing a whole class off the works of Fritz Leiber?

*I know you don't hate variety. I'm being facetious. But you know what I mean guys - as a halfling rogue, if I want to assassinate someone with a throwing rock covered in jam then that really ought to be my perogative :)

Last edited:

Ying

5000+ hours played
Hey, is there any word on fixing the Reaper fragment vendor to accept thrown named items and the new wands from TOEE for fragments of reaper power?
Don't hold your breath. It's a long standing issue with ranged weapons that also prevent them from being purchased from loot vendors on Lamannia. It comes up frequently during dev live streams, and is summarized as it's way too much work to fix the problem.

Dman1970

To me, that means, we're too lazy and don't care enough about what our players want, so we're NOT going to fix it. That attitude sucks. Sadly, a lot of games suffer from this, and the people that make the decisions usually wind up making enough bad choices to kill player base and then the game dies. Look at Star Wars Galaxies after SoE bought it. They KILLED that game in less than a year with all the changes, and refused to listen to players and thought they knew better. Games dead, so who was right? Not saying this choice will kill DDO, but sheesh, the people you make a game for say they either love something and you take it away or won't do it, or hate something and you do it anyway, why? Never has made sense to me...