So When are we going to.....

I said when the underwhelming new "benefits" were announced, it was too little, too late.

Now it's just too late.
If you’re talking about that spitball idea about a monthly prize based on how long one maintains uninterrupted VIP status, I laughed so hard when I read about it that I lost a sizable percentage of body fat.

Fizban

Apparently, you’re completely unaware that they added daily gold rolls for VIPs as a stop gap measure to add value back to VIP after they stripped so much of it away. They were also supposed to come up with something worthwhile and permanent and have so far completely failed to bring anything even remotely worthwhile to be the table.
I'd say not an entirely accurate account of the VIP Gold Roll implmentation. The fact is that SSG made it more than clear that the daily VIP Gold Roll was ONLY for 12-months (1-year).

Another fact: Many players that use the VIP Gold Roll to complain about VIP benefits are being very disingenuous. The fact is that there are many other VIP benefits in DDO that only VIP's experience.

Again, as a VIP I appreciate all the many VIP benefits and am happy with the $8.99 recurring charge per month to maintain those benefits.

popejubal

I'd say not an entirely accurate account of the VIP Gold Roll implmentation. The fact is that SSG made it more than clear that the daily VIP Gold Roll was ONLY for 12-months (1-year).

Another fact: Many players that use the VIP Gold Roll to complain about VIP benefits are being very disingenuous. The fact is that there are many other VIP benefits in DDO that only VIP's experience.

Again, as a VIP I appreciate all the many VIP benefits and am happy with the $8.99 recurring charge per month to maintain those benefits.
10% run speed in public spaces
5% XP bonus
1% buddy bonus inside quests
Elite open on Hardcore

That’s it. Those are each nice but they aren’t “many other VIP benefits” like you say.

Ozz

10% run speed in public spaces
5% XP bonus
1% buddy bonus inside quests
Elite open on Hardcore

That’s it. Those are each nice but they aren’t “many other VIP benefits” like you say.
What about a weekly Gold Roll, being able to play any race?

Last edited:

JimmyTheGeek

If you’re talking about that spitball idea about a monthly prize based on how long one maintains uninterrupted VIP status, I laughed so hard when I read about it that I lost a sizable percentage of body fat.
Yeah, the only way they could make those uninterrupted VIP benefits "fiscally responsible" was to force every VIP to reset to 0 months VIP ( /s ).
Their current delays in delivery of this idea has almost delivered that to them ( not /s :( ). Just a couple of holdouts....

Personally, I didn't find those benefits too enticing and i am hoping they are rethinking them and not just very slow in delivering them.

You’re completely ignoring what I really said. Which was why they implemented daily gold rolls.

The decreasing list of VIP benefits is a complete and utter joke that have become increasingly unfunny over the last few years.

But do go ahead and be grateful for what amounts to table scraps.

You do you,

erousted8

What about a weekly Gold Roll, being able to play any race?
Useless. An extra 1000 XP a week in a game that requires millions of XP is less than nothing.

Even more useless. There are only 3 premium races left and every new race will be bundled with an xpac the VIPs have to buy anyway.

Ozz

I already own every race and since we’re talking about the reduction of gold rolls from daily to just weekly, I thought that was already assumed here.

Also, you don’t get all races. Iconics are still an extra purchase.
Well if you own every race it is because you bought them so tbh there is no point u even being a VIP so just leave the conversation

popejubal

Well if you own every race it is because you bought them so tbh there is no point u even being a VIP so just leave the conversation
Isn't that the whole point of this conversation? To talk about VIP benefits that players will value?

Telling someone that they don't deserve to have an opinion just because they have an opinion that differs from yours is very uncool.

popejubal

I already value my VIP. If they upgrade it then I will value it more
That’s lovely for you. I’m glad you are enjoying the game and that you believe the VIP benefits are more than enough value for the money you’re paying.

I hope that you recognize that not everyone else feels that way and that some other people would like to have additional benefits as an enticement to become/remain VIP. Since the extra benefits don’t actually have an added marginal cost to SSG once any required programming is complete, that seems like an easy win for SSG.

Edit: also, please note that I did not tell you to leave the conversation just because you already value your VIP subscription and that means there’s no point to your arguing against additional benefits.

erethizon1

There are option for VIP improvement that could cost almost zero developing time (just tweak some numbers: ex. xp buff; shorter raid timer etc.) so I don't know what's taking them so long.
I think the difficulty is figuring out what they can give that doesn't cost them revenue. There are a lot of things that VIP's pay for in the store. Raid timers are an example. If you shorten the VIP raid timer then they purchase fewer raid timer resets, which means that shortening the raid timer costs SSG money. They need to figure out a benefit for VIP that doesn't reduce what VIP's spend on extra store points.

seph1roth5

I compiled a big list of suggestions for vip perks and slapped it in my signature. Maybe if more people post there the devs might notice...

Like the OP mentioned, I wish they'd do something temporary until they can figure out a more permanent solution, like the gold rolls. They can easily buy a year's time with just a little bit of effort lol. Of course, the last year they bought they didn't use it to think of what to do with VIP unfortunately.

Clockwerks

I wish they would just increase the monthly DDO points. I mean 1,000 would make it very worthwhile, in my humble opinion. If that is unrealistic then split the difference and call it 750. It can be done very fast and would buy a GREAT DEAL of goodwill I think.

I understand the argument that this would reduce their income from $$$ spent to buy points. But VIP accounts are ALSO income and not just the hit and miss kind you get from point buys, it's the steady semi-reliable kind of income that really helps to keep the lights on.

So I assert that VIP income is more valuable and thus is worth making some concessions to hang onto.

Last edited:

badmofo

THE first time in months im seeing no lfms even in ddo audit on orien? has there been a mass exodus of ddo AGAIN ?maybe all the vips have left due to no rewards ?

Eoin

I’d say nice try, but I’d be lying.

Apparently you’re completely unaware that they added daily gold rolls for VIPs as a stop gap measure to add value back to VIP after they stripped so much of it away. They were also supposed to come up with something worthwhile and permanent and have so far completely failed to bring anything even remotely worthwhile to be the table.

And here I thought Tolero said they were adding the daily gold rolls for VIPs to celebrate the 16th Anniversary...

Onyxia2016

As stated many times in way to many posts, VIP is both valuable and worthless at the same time. Think "Schrodinger's cat".

If you are new to the game or have purchased very little, then VIP has value. Lots of things unlocked. If you managed to miss the last two free quest/adventure pack codes, then it really has value.

On the flip side if you have been playing for a while, bought the races and x-pack, used both quest/adventure pack codes then VIP looses it value.

My wife and I both have vip subscriptions. This is less about it having value added features and more with supporting the game in some small way.
Yes, we could drop our subscriptions and not much would change as we bought the races, x-packs, adventure pack, etc... To us the value is it helps keep the game running. So we have our subs and still buy points as needed.

So subscribe, don't subscribe, do what is right for you but debating this is pointless. Both sides of the debate are correct depending on your point of view and circumstances.