U62 Preview 2 W Scalar Revamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
but melee is getting buffed, i thought you hated melee???!!?!??!!?!?!!??!?
overall, it's not going to be much of a buff (maybe an itty bitty one) especially with what I think they (the devs) are planning in subsequent content releases.

Remember, everything looks good when it's shiny and new ... until it isn't.

fiwabar

Old-timer, mostly an observer
All weapons now are on one copy: xW+y dmg dice and W depending on the base dice for the weapon. Weapons from CitW, sometimes from some quests - Harbinger of Madness, Tome of Untold Legends, the Mindsunder, Black Abbot, the former ones from ToEE and single cases like Epic Antique Greataxe - had a lot of weapons with unusual DMG dice, multiplier, or even damage type.
It is good that you want to equalize some things. Weapons from stormhorns, for example, are very weak for their level precisely because of this W multiplier. It's also good that you don't interfere, from what I understand, with the damage dice of weapons and shields only with their W multiplier, because the uniqueness of the items found in these quests makes them attractive. However, it would be nice if this was repeated more often. By the way, Epic Antique Greataxe has a 2d20 bone, and Legendary Antique Greataxe already has a 5d12 rather than 5d20, aside from other things it's a bit of an inconsistency.

Mordenkainen

All weapons now are on one copy: xW+y dmg dice and W depending on the base dice for the weapon. Weapons from CitW, sometimes from some quests - Harbinger of Madness, Tome of Untold Legends, the Mindsunder, Black Abbot, the former ones from ToEE and single cases like Epic Antique Greataxe - had a lot of weapons with unusual DMG dice, multiplier, or even damage type.
It is good that you want to equalize some things. Weapons from stormhorns, for example, are very weak for their level precisely because of this W multiplier. It's also good that you don't interfere, from what I understand, with the damage dice of weapons and shields only with their W multiplier, because the uniqueness of the items found in these quests makes them attractive. However, it would be nice if this was repeated more often. By the way, Epic Antique Greataxe has a 2d20 bone, and Legendary Antique Greataxe already has a 5d12 rather than 5d20, aside from other things it's a bit of an inconsistency.

Think LegAntiqueGA is supposed to be 5d20. Report on Bug report in the other thread?

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
Thank you so much for the detailed feedback! On our end, we're able to see random-gen and crafting weapons/shields with the new scaling flow - would you mind giving us some additional details about what's not scaling correctly so we can take a look?
Admittedly I did not loot new randomgen weapons or craft any weapons on Lamannia. I merely checked the values of a couple randomgen weapons (and a couple of crafted weapons) I had in the inventory of a character I transferred from the live servers. Since the named weapons on that same toon adopted the new formula, I expected that randomgen/crafted weapons would too. It may be the case that only new copies of randomgen/crafted weapons get the new [W] formula. The weapons I checked were ML 30 (crafted back when ML34 was available and then stat-squeezed down to ML30) and still had 4[W] instead of the new 5[W].

Last edited:

nobodynobody1426

Thank you so much for the detailed feedback! On our end, we're able to see random-gen and crafting weapons/shields with the new scaling flow - would you mind giving us some additional details about what's not scaling correctly so we can take a look?

Overall the idea is fine, any plans / discussions / talk to fix the raid and schism shard weapons to not get nerfed? A weapon from a level 32 raid having lower stats then one from level 31 quest is kinda ... wrong.
These weapons were made ML28 back in Update 41 as part of the raid tier system with level cap of 30.

• Tier 3: Killing Time, Old Baba's Hut, The Curse of Strahd
    • All named raid loot is now minimum level 28
    • Awards +8 Ability Tomes, +7 to +8 Ability Upgrade Tomes, +1 Racial Action Point Tomes

Tier 4 was ML29

All named raid loot is now minimum level 29.
Awards +8 Ability, +3 Fate Tome and other unknown rewards.
Then the massive stat squish happened.

Last edited:

fiwabar

Old-timer, mostly an observer
It is not intended to be 5d20. All peculiar ML20 profiles are standardized at ML30.
If this is intentional then I consider it a mistake IMO. Doing everything on one hoof, from one stamp. It becomes boring and less attractive when you equalize all the variety, peculiar cases

YeeboF

Ok, well this is better than I thought if that wasn't intentional. I was really starting to think the team had lost their minds ;-)

Rincewind

Overall the idea is fine, any plans / discussions / talk to fix the raid and schism shard weapons to not get nerfed? A weapon from a level 32 raid having lower stats then one from level 31 quest is kinda ... wrong.
These weapons were made ML28 back in Update 41 as part of the raid tier system with level cap of 30.

Tier 4 was ML29

Then the massive stat squish happened.
I agree, Raid items should't be nerf, I would rather have those weapons levels be raise to 30 than loose the 0.4 weapon dmg.

Aelonwy

So Cannith Crafted should be following this new progression? Good.

You guys really need to bite the bullet and revisit the loot tables of content dropping N/H/E/EN/EH/EE versions of loot. It was an intriguing loot experiment when you did it, didn't end up being the best idea, however loot currently is pretty awesome so *thumbs up* on progress... But now that means this old style difficulty-tiered loot is a weird anomaly, an inconsistency that needs to stop. So please find some time and erase this blunder from the game. If you need something to pay for it, I suggest doing a small cosmetic bundle for each pack its associated with... but DON'T price it like an expansion... because its NOT an expansion.

Gianthold, Wheloon, Stormhorns, High Road, Druid's Deep. Did I miss any?

Gianthold... heck this could be as easy as putting all the dragon armors as cosmetics in the store, all they need is matching cloaks that look like dragon wings lying down the back. Also Shadow Dragonscale could use a matching helm.
Druid's Deep... I always wanted something like the Livewood Core for a fleshy race, mossy with vines.
High Road... Harper's cosmetic Bundle with visible Harper Pin on the outfit, maybe a Harp shield or Orb. Make the cloak similar in style to the Tiefling Scoundrel one shoulder cloak.
Wheloon... a Shadar-kai-esque style everyone can enjoy?
Stormhorns... something Ranger-like, maybe pull this art file out of wherever its been buried:

Center 4 images
5Qk6zFs.jpg

Mordenkainen

You guys do realize that it's not that huge of a nerf.

I mean a .2 to .5W loss on the weapon damage only... not really significant.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
You guys do realize that it's not that huge of a nerf.

I mean a .2 to .5W loss on the weapon damage only... not really significant.
For the raid weapons? Sure, especially given the fact that one obvious goal of this pass is to get us to stop using them.

But for the Schism Shard weapons? It's not about the 0.2 lost [W]. It's about the principle of it.

Mordenkainen

For the raid weapons? Sure, especially given the fact that one obvious goal of this pass is to get us to stop using them.

But for the Schism Shard weapons? It's not about the 0.2 lost [W]. It's about the principle of it.

Agree with you on schism shard weapons.

In fact, I have to ask, what place do these non-IoD weapons have anymore? I mean why do KT or VoD Sharn Fey or any of the other raids? Why not just "get to the point" and grab yourself the IoD weapons when you hit 30?

Status
Not open for further replies.