Update 63 Preview 2: Named Loot

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelStar

Senior Systems Designer
Hello everyone!

Named loot for the Update 63 dungeons can once again be found in the Test Dojo!

In this preview, we have a few new Augments available, which can be found with the other items.

Otherwise, the Named Items have not changed since Preview 1. There are a few reasons for this:
  1. Much of the time between the opening of Preview 1 and the build for Preview 2 was spent fixing and adjusting things on the Deck of Many Curses.
  2. Much of the feedback on the new items was positive!
  3. Many (though not all) of the suggestions for improvement given were either too strong, counter to the design goals of these items, or counter to things other players already liked about the items as they are.
That doesn't necessarily mean we won't make any changes before Live! Please give us your feedback, we'll be assessing it before the Live build.

Thanks!

Lotoc

I remember ahead of the first preview a question was posed of which effects that people haven't seen for a while on items would they want to see...
Insightful light/negative spellcrit having more options would be a welcome addition as it's currently restricted to Stygian Wrath and Resplendant Fury when it comes to endgame values, light and negative are both kinda lagging behind in overall power so more itemization would be nice.
(Another issue is impulse, for a while it was coasting by on archmage having broken crit values which have been fixed and force is not included in energy criticals much like negative and light.)

Additionally, is there reasoning for the augment being greater reinforced fists (1w) rather than superior reinforced fists (1.5w)

wdhvenrick

Purple slots are generally only found on weapons and shields. I believe that the coalesced impacts gem should just be blue. The blood augment is just bad, +6 to all stats at level 30. I'd rather just use a few augment slots and get like 12 to the 2-3 extra stats i may need. Maybe make that augment extra rare, and give like +10-11 to each stat at level 30. The facet of psionic intrusion shouldn't be orange, just red unless you buff it. I like force casters but i could absolutely never see myself just using that augment over an actual implement and a force augment. The real way to make that augment worth an orange slot would be for it to give some extra special force spell related effect, like 153 force spell power and %5 chance to proc like 10 seconds of 10% bonus force damage

Rincewind

Globe of the cursed blood: Isn't 6 enhancement bonus a little too low for a 30 augment? I mean I know is for all atributes, but make it at least 10, is not that is going to break the game in any way, but it would make it worth it for certain skills... and to save time swapping items if at all...

Legendary Pearl of uncanny prediction, shouldn't this be displacement or another tier like 35 or 40 displacement, hell I would rather have insightful dodge or quality dodge instead, since Displacement is so heavy penalised even in reaper 1

Legendary ring of transformed voice is lacking the 11 resistance bonus to enchantments

L. Severed Tentacle, isn't it posible to upgrade the duration of the effect? considering that is the same duration as lvl 18 items, maybe adding 30 sec or even better 1 more min would be great.

Rincewind

Would be better to keep the +6 but make it a Quality or Profane or any other stackable bonus?
6 quality would be too good, and if you consider that the main objective of this is to raise probably a 3th or 4th atribute more than anything else, the bigger the number the better, because you would always aim to get the higher number in your main stats and in constitution. if we are talking about just one more stats is better to just put 1 regular enhancement bonus to such a stats. this have to be convient but not good enough to invalidate other augments.
Maybe adding 2 separate augments, one for mental stats and other for physical stats. like str/dex/con Int/cha/wis Con would be a wasted but at least would be thematically ok ( also having both augments have the same amounts of stats is pleasing) this could make it posible to raise the stats to maybe 12 at lvl 32?

Last edited:

ShinuzukaRakam

Additionally, is there reasoning for the augment being greater reinforced fists (1w) rather than superior reinforced fists (1.5w)
It's probably because there's higher flexibility in it being usable in any piece of gear with a Purple Augment Slot, as opposed to having to setup and rearrange a full gearset that also fits in a specific item with the Superior version.

Would be better to keep the +6 but make it a Quality or Profane or any other stackable bonus?
That sounds like it would add a significant amount of power compared to the flexibility in being able to put it on any piece of gear with any Augment Slots at all.

I think these 2 Augments are good as-is.

Neain

That would be a bit busted, 6 is far too low as an enhancement, but would be far too high as quality or profane (current max of +3).

If it was changed to Insightful, that would be worth it without being too busted (imo)

Lotoc

+6 quality is a genuinely awful idea considering the standard maximum for a quality bonus is +3, it'd invalidate every item with quality ability score.
I'd be happier with a much lower bonus but in a harder to attain stat like exceptional or alchemical.

Fhrek

One Badge of Honor achieved
6 quality would be to good
That sounds like it would add a significant amount of power compared to the flexibility in being able to put it on any piece of gear with any Augment Slots at all.
That would be a bit busted, 6 is far too low as an enhancement, but would be far too high as quality or profane (current max of +3).
+6 quality is a genuinely awful idea considering the standard maximum for a quality bonus is +3
So, everyone agrees that Quality is too much, but would be nice keep the +6 to all stat if it is exceptional (like an upgraded True Globe of Imperial Blood) or an Alchemical that is pretty niche.

Lotoc

So, everyone agrees that Quality is too much, but would be nice keep the +6 to all stat if it is exceptional (like an upgraded True Globe of Imperial Blood) or an Alchemical that is pretty niche.
No absolutely not +6 exceptional, like +2 at most.
The way stat values currently are at endgame is
Enhancement 14/15(crazy lootgen luck even 16)
Insightful 6(or 7 on a current raid item)
Quality 3
Profane 3
Exceptional/alchemical 2 (except upto +4 alchemical for an alchemist self buff)

Suggesting anything higher than those in those categories is pretty out of touch with the current stat system.

ShinuzukaRakam

Exceptional and Alchemical bonuses are generally even smaller than Quality bonuses for a stat at any given level, if they're not the same. That would be even more power than the Quality/Profane bonus suggestion.

SteelStar

Senior Systems Designer
The Globe of Cursed Blood is indeed a spiritual successor to the Globe of Imperial Blood.

Its intent is to take one Colorless (or otherwise unused) Augment Slot and let you slot in something that improves ALL of the Ability Scores you weren't otherwise upgrading with specific gear or Augments. It is intentionally lower-valued than equipping a full piece of gear at that level, as you're getting multiple score boosts in one Slot. It is not intended to boost power in the things you were already focusing on.

Changing the numbers and (especially) the typing here would defeat that purpose.

Last edited:

Rincewind

The Globe of Cursed Blood is indeed a spiritual successor to the Globe of Imperial Blood.

Its intent is to take one Colorless (or otherwise unused) Augment Slot and let you slot in something that improves ALL of the Ability Scores you weren't otherwise upgrading with specific gear or Augments. It is intentionally lower-valued than equipping a full piece of gear at that level, as you're getting multiple score boosts in one Slot. It is not intended to boost power in the things you were already focusing on.

Changing the numbers and (especially) the typing here would defeat that purpose.
The problem steel is that the Globe of True imperial blood ( regular one is way way too uselesss , this part is edited) was an exceptional bonus not an enhancement bonus, so stacked with everything, if you want this to be the upgraded version this should be a +2 exceptional bonus to all stats not 6 enhancement

Last edited:

SteelStar

Senior Systems Designer
The problem steel is that the Globe of imperial blood was an exceptional bonus not an enhancement bonus, so stacked with everything, if you want this to be the upgraded version this should be a +2 exceptional bonus to all stats not 6 enhancement
To be clear, that is not what we want.

Lotoc

The problem steel is that the Globe of imperial blood was an exceptional bonus not an enhancement bonus, so stacked with everything, if you want this to be the upgraded version this should be a +2 exceptional bonus to all stats not 6 enhancement
There's two globes, imperial(enh) and true imperial(exc)
Really true imperial is already the succesor.

Rincewind

To be clear, that is not what we want.
I can't think of a single reason to equip this, If I want to raise a 3th or 4th stat i would just use a regular augment, is a wasted slot.
I think you should either raise it to 10 or just change it completely. hell even making it dual stats for 10 would be better, or in trios as I mention before

Fhrek

One Badge of Honor achieved
For a level 32 augment +6 enhacement is too week. Not worth wasting the slot. Another bonus would be neat or a new mechanic that interacts with lower stats in a build.

i.e. This Cursed blood gives +6 cursed to your lower stat

Status
Not open for further replies.