Update 63 Preview 2: Named Loot

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikarddo

To be clear, that is not what we want.
Fair enough, that does mean that most likely noone at all will be using it though. +6 to all stats is just not worth it when you already have atleast 2 of the 6 stats will real effects and often 3 or 4 and you care very little about the rest.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
The Globe of Cursed Blood is indeed a spiritual successor to the Globe of Imperial Blood.

Its intent is to take one Colorless (or otherwise unused) Augment Slot and let you slot in something that improves ALL of the Ability Scores you weren't otherwise upgrading with specific gear or Augments. It is intentionally lower-valued than equipping a full piece of gear at that level, as you're getting multiple score boosts in one Slot. It is not intended to boost power in the things you were already focusing on.

Changing the numbers and (especially) the typing here would defeat that purpose.
+6 enhancement bonus is equal to lvl 10 Cannith Crafting stat values. Even if it gives all of the stats its way low for a lvl 30 augment.
A lvl 30 Cannith Crafting stat value is 14.

Option 1.: Lower the stat values to 12 (going lower than that doesnt make sense either)
Option 2.: +6 inightful bonus would be nice but split it into 2 difefrent augments. One is +6 insightful Int/Wis/Cha 2nd is +6 insightful Str/Dex/Con

Last edited:

SteelStar

Senior Systems Designer
i.e. This Cursed blood gives +6 cursed to your lower stat
Do you typically equip an Enhancement Bonus item for your lowest stat? If not, the current Augment would do almost the same thing for that stat and potentially more.

Rincewind

For a level 32 augment +6 enhacement is too week. Not worth wasting the slot. Another bonus would be neat or a new mechanic that interacts with lower stats in a build.

i.e. This Cursed blood gives +6 cursed to your lower stat
Every minute it gives a +2 curse bonus to a random atribute xD

Fhrek

One Badge of Honor achieved
Do you typically equip an Enhancement Bonus item for your lowest stat? If not, the current Augment would do almost the same thing for that stat and potentially more.
Fair enough, but I usually use a higher augment to the fill a stat need or lowest. Like now, using a +9 Strengh in a Gnome (3/4 the weight carry capacity) to balance the weight loss. Even a +6 enhancent to all wouldn't be as usefull to replace.

Would be an augment very feel people would consider to use at Lv. 32.

mikarddo

Hello everyone!

Named loot for the Update 63 dungeons can once again be found in the Test Dojo!

In this preview, we have a few new Augments available, which can be found with the other items.

Otherwise, the Named Items have not changed since Preview 1. There are a few reasons for this:
  1. Much of the time between the opening of Preview 1 and the build for Preview 2 was spent fixing and adjusting things on the Deck of Many Curses.
  2. Much of the feedback on the new items was positive!
  3. Many (though not all) of the suggestions for improvement given were either too strong, counter to the design goals of these items, or counter to things other players already liked about the items as they are.
That doesn't necessarily mean we won't make any changes before Live! Please give us your feedback, we'll be assessing it before the Live build.

Thanks!

Alright, thanks for letting us know. But with neither a set bonus nor what you call too strong - the items do not really fill much or a role, and practically no role for those that even semi optimize their gear.

I do understand that you do not want power creep - the downside though is that most of the gear that comes out serves no purpose for anyone. and for any single player it is becoming common to see multiple updates in a row where you want absolutely none of the new loot being added. This does kinda detract from the experience a bit and it seems to be getting worse.

As for your 2) Most of the feedback was positive - I assume you are not referring to the feedback on this forum as that was mostly negative.

Rincewind

Fair enough, but I usually use a higher augment to the fill a stat need or lowest. Like now, using a +9 Strengh in a Gnome (3/4 the weight carry capacity) to balance the weight loss. Even a +6 enhancent to all wouldn't be as usefull to replace.

Would be an augment very feel people would consider to use at Lv. 32.
its a lvl 30 augment but that doesn't change anything really

Ying

5000+ hours played
ScreenShot_2023-10-24_152135_0.png

Help me understand in what circumstances a player would want +6 to all stats at level 30. Because I can't figure out a single scenario where it's desired. Separate ML32 +6 insightful stat augments would be very welcomed instead of Globe of Cursed Blood.

Rincewind

I was meaning at current max level Cap. Since when we hit Lv. 30 (if previous capped legendary exp), we can hit Lv. 32 right after.
I would answer this, the fact that we level up automatically to lvl 32 will only last until the lvl cap is raise again or when it get to 40 ( for a legendary tr of some sort) so eventually it could make sense ( not with this numbers tou)

Lotoc

Truth is the way stats work out in this game is very all or nothing, the value derived from +6 in an ability score you aren't invested in is absolutely marginal
For a non wis caster or a strength based build it ends up as like +3 to your reflex and will saves, +3 to your ac, neither of which are likely to make a genuine difference as enemy accuracy and DCs are scaled to be a threat vs those making genuine investments in AC or saves.
Everyone itemizes mainstat and con so it is kind of hard to see value in this effect just because the gap between stats with investment and stats without is that insurmountable.

Rincewind

Truth is the way stats work out in this game is very all or nothing, the value derived from +6 in an ability score you aren't invested in is absolutely marginal
For a non wis caster or a strength based build it ends up as like +3 to your reflex and will saves, +3 to your ac, neither of which are likely to make a genuine difference as enemy accuracy and DCs are scaled to be a threat vs those making genuine investments in AC or saves.
Everyone itemizes mainstat and con so it is kind of hard to see value in this effect just because the gap between stats with investment and stats without is that insurmountable.
You can only make an argument for certain skills or saves, but even in those cases, you just swap an item or directly use a specific augment slot for the stats that give you the save ( and only if it worth it, because now numbers are so high that if you dont specialize in certain saves it wont matter at all.

Nickodeamous

Dear SSG,

I was hoping for the monk trinket to be either repurposed to a ring, or a belt or something so that my sets are not busted to try and shoehorn it in, but it didn't happen, and that makes me very sad. I will still try and get this for a swap item for Ki Generation, but that's about it.

But I also see that a Greater Reinforced fists (+1W) augment added...which does nothing for monks that already slot the Cornerstone Champion or Fleetfoot Neck, which as we know is superior reinforced fists (+1.5W).

So, why only Greater Reinforced Fist?? This makes zero sense to me. If this was superior, you would literally win the internet for today. Please consider bumping up to Superior, as anything lower is just not worth it.

Edit: the Greater Reinforced Fist is a purple augment...this is no good and useless. :( This should be Superior and a Green Augment at a minimum.

Please reconsider this :)
Nic

Last edited:

pevergreen

Yup, that as a colourless +6 to stats is legitimately meaningless.
I would rather take +20 to balance. Even if we take a Paladin, who is the most likely class to use a range of stats
Strength to Hit
Con for HP
Wisdom for Casting
Charisma for Smite

And add in Dex for reflex saves, I'm never going to bother with this, because i'll be getting +12 through to +15 from gear to the stats that matter. And if something is missing, i'm going to put in a +12 or +14 diamond to that stat. +6 is just not all worth it.

I'd say, lets put it +10 all stats.

My reasoning:

Globe of Imperial Blood is +3 to all stats at ML14, which is 4 below the Diamond of the same level (CC level of +7)
ML32 CC has a value of +14, so 4 below that is +10. That becomes a useful idea, for a (presumably) hard to get augment and may save 1 augment slot, with the tradeoff of losing a few ability points

Thor

Looking for a New Love
I really hope your next expansion is raising the character lvl to at least 35 or so. The logjam of items in this 29-32 lvl range is so overlapping at this point that only items with really clever itemization are noticeable. You all seem loathe to actually add anything new to the game either, so it just feels like loot regurgitation at this point. Your real opportunity to make an impact is with augments, and these look largely meaningless as well. Make a player happy, yo!

CBDunk

Facet of Coalesced Impacts - Greater Reinforced Fists. Only useful to the small subset of builds that use fists. That said, purple augment slots seem to be fairly common on epic & legendary handwraps. Only a few other items give this (or better) effect... so potentially useful to all but already optimized gear sets. Certainly better than purples like Feareater or Lifetaker, which have save DCs that enemies in quests anywhere near their MLs seldom fail.

Facet of Condensed Power - Power Store. Straight up spell point cost reduction. Will farm and slot it on every caster build I make that doesn't already get that from somewhere else. Heck, will probably leave it in place even for the builds that don't need it rather than unslotting and then reslotting on the next build.

Facet of Psionic Intrusion - Clone of Blackstone Liturgy except with Force spell power and in an orange augment rather than purple. Great for Ruin/Greater Ruin and other force builds that don't have the spell power already.

Globe of Cursed Blood - I agree with the general consensus that +6 at 30th seems low even for all stats. Does the old Globe of Imperial Blood get used much? That was +3 at 14th. I tend to think that by 14th level most characters have better than +3 to all stats they care about... and ditto for +6 at 30th. I'd lower the ML to ~22 or raise the bonus to ~10.

Gear from prior preview - Remains a mixed bag, but plenty of things that are good for non-optimized gear sets and even a few that people with optimized gear will find uses for on occasion.

nenetteblackmoor

Globe of Cursed Blood

Let's realize that flavor items that nobody uses not only become a waste of effort but also result in wasted development costs.
While DDO developers excel at creating unused items, I recommend creating flavor items that everyone can use.

I love flavor items, but the direction is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.