Hey Tonquin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeoLionxxx

Lion of Orien
A point of confusion I have in the Falconry tree, from T4 "Coordinated Strike" is whether the effect does or should inflict helplessness.

> your Hunting Bird descends to frenzy in a large area for an additional 10d6 damage that scales with Melee or Ranged Power, whichever is higher. Your Hunting Bird also attempts to Blind each opponent struck.

The other affect which blinds the enemy (T3 Go for the Eyes) specifies that the blindness causes helplessness:
> Your Hunting Bird also attempts to Blind the target, causing them to become Helpless.

But it the fact it's omitted from the Coordinated Strike description makes it ambiguous as to whether that flavor of blindness is supposed to inflict helplessness or not.

I humbly request that T4 Coordinated Strike's description be updated to convey that its blindness condition does or does not inflict helplessness.

P.S. My assumption is that not all blindness inflicts helplessness by default. If it does, perhaps some extra text here and/or in the condition tooltip would be helpful.

Tonquin

of Lightning Hammer fame!
Could the enhancement text be updated to clarify this?

> The effects of Ram's Might and Animal Growth are doubled on you.

updated to something like

> The effects of the Ram's Might and Animal Growth spells cast on you are doubled.
Sure, sounds good! The current wording is "The effects of the Ram's Might and Animal Growth spells are doubled for you." but changing it to "The effects of the Ram's Might and Animal Growth spells cast on you are doubled" sounds like it will alleviate some confusion. This will be in an upcoming patch. Thank you!

Reposting with minor updates, as it's been >3 weeks:

Hey Tonquin,

Poisoned Strike Ranks 1-3 only count as Crimsonite if both reaction spheres are empty. If the active reaction sphere is empty but the secondary (most recent) is full, Poisoned Strike will not trigger Crimsonite reaction.

Examples:
- Log in. Poisoned Strike fills empty secondary sphere. Cerulite (Stiffened Skin) triggers Orchidium.
- Orchidium active. Gildleaf (Fine Dust) clears Orchidium, leaving active reaction sphere empty and Gildleaf in secondary. Poisoned Strike does not trigger Crimsonite, so active stance does not become Pyrite
- Verdanite active. Poisoned strike does not break Verdanite stance
- Orchidium active, Cerulite (Stiffen Skin) in secondary. Poisoned Strike does not set secondary to Crimsonite.

As early as level 4 (Alch 3, Rogue 1), Elf, tested several times in different quests, wielding daggers but without Vistani Knife Training I. All three do damage, and in each instance an enemy was successfully hit with the attack (ruling out a possible-but-not-described WAI "on damage" vs "on attack" reaction trigger)

Edrein

Sure, sounds good! The current wording is "The effects of the Ram's Might and Animal Growth spells are doubled for you." but changing it to "The effects of the Ram's Might and Animal Growth spells cast on you are doubled" sounds like it will alleviate some confusion. This will be in an upcoming patch. Thank you!
Any chance this could also loop in Plant Growth if it technically doesn't already work unintentionally?

Mornyngstar

The Cogs Heroic Wilderness: Looks like a Hyena doesn't activate for attacking. Tried killing it but nothing. I can see the "sound" of movement and see the outline.

(Standard): You are on server 48 at r1 lx1523 ly813 i23 ox70.45 oy113.42 oz100.03 h7.0. Game timestamp 558328798.911.
(Standard): Q:0x70030E8E

Drunken.dx

Froggo can't unlock locked door to trapped chest in Home of the memory.

No mater how I position him, ordering him to unlock door had me getting message that door is already being used but he stands there and does nothing.

If I select chest he tries to move towards it, but if I select door he just stands there...

pathing issue?

J1NG

I can do things others can't...

No mater how I position him, ordering him to unlock door had me getting message that door is already being used but he stands there and does nothing.

If I select chest he tries to move towards it, but if I select door he just stands there...

pathing issue?
Can confirm Frogo having issues there.

I suspect that it might be that hirelings are told to aim for the "named" portion of an interactible. If so, this would clearly be too high for Frogo or any non-player to reach. Currently looking around for another gate that behaves in the same manner (name too high) and seeing if it's the same for Frogo.

J1NG

:: edit ::

The gateway in Curse the Sky (Meridia) also has this issue (name high up and hidden inside gateway), and whilst it is much lower than that found in Home of Memory, it's still not functional for Frogo. Trying to find more to get a solid confirmation.

Tried the one in Underlane Assignment (the one just after the midway point after Soarsleds become available). Now suspecting it might be a specific gate design that has the issue.

OK, going back over recordings of all three of these doors, I have noticed the one from Curse the Sky and in Underlane "might" be using the same gate/portullis graphic. However, they (the graphic and hence where the door is located) are at different heights (z axis used). The one that can be opened by Frogo in Underlane is much higher up the graphic where the lock can be seen (the sharp points on the lower end of the portcullis is far into the ground). But the one in use in Curse the Sky is only marginally higher than the sharp points that in the ground. So I am once again suspecting that the "interactive" portion for hirelings is closer to the "middle" of the graphic used for gates and Frogo is having issues with those. Need to find more gates to confirm though.

Last edited:

Kielbasa

The quest "Captive of the Hidden God" can be one of the most annoying quests due to kicking your out of it and back to the harbor should you disconnect for any reason. Is there a reason this one does not hold the instance when you dc like most other quests?

glass_jaws

The Bane spell for DA lists the target as foe, directional, breakable. It doesn't actually break anything, and always requires a enemy target.

If the targeting info is correct it should be usable without a target and actually break stuff.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
bug with SF: divine striker does not stun anything
Any other Sacred Fist players able to confirm this?

I took the second core of battle engineer on my Artificer, Infused Weapons.
It does not give USP. I removed all my equipment except the rune arm and took it on and off, and USP didn't change.

You need to have your rune arm charged in order to get the USP. Just tested, works correctly.

Last edited:

CBDunk

The quest "Captive of the Hidden God" can be one of the most annoying quests due to kicking your out of it and back to the harbor should you disconnect for any reason. Is there a reason this one does not hold the instance when you dc like most other quests?

It is also one of the few quests that transitions you from area to area w/o a loading screen. My guess is that they are using something similar to the 'holodeck' techniques developed for "Memoirs of an Illusory Larcener"... essentially the characters stay in the same place, but the scenery around them changes. However, if you get disconnected, the game loses track of which 'scene' your character was in and you default back to the harbor.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
when i cast animal growth on a bear it calls iy plant growth
This was reported earlier in this thread too:

When you cast Animal Growth, the buff that appears has the correct icon (Animal Growth's) but the text is that of Plant Growth. Likewise, when you cast Frostbite, the buff that appears uses the text of Blighted Bite.

A point of confusion I have in the Falconry tree, from T4 "Coordinated Strike" is whether the effect does or should inflict helplessness.

> your Hunting Bird descends to frenzy in a large area for an additional 10d6 damage that scales with Melee or Ranged Power, whichever is higher. Your Hunting Bird also attempts to Blind each opponent struck.

The other affect which blinds the enemy (T3 Go for the Eyes) specifies that the blindness causes helplessness:
> Your Hunting Bird also attempts to Blind the target, causing them to become Helpless.

But it the fact it's omitted from the Coordinated Strike description makes it ambiguous as to whether that flavor of blindness is supposed to inflict helplessness or not.

I humbly request that T4 Coordinated Strike's description be updated to convey that its blindness condition does or does not inflict helplessness.

P.S. My assumption is that not all blindness inflicts helplessness by default. If it does, perhaps some extra text here and/or in the condition tooltip would be helpful.

Coordinated Strike does not cause helplessness. Blindness in general does not cause helplessness either, hence why "Go For the Eyes" specifically mentions it causes helplessness (as it's an exception, not the rule).

Last edited:

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
The Bane spell for DA lists the target as foe, directional, breakable. It doesn't actually break anything, and always requires a enemy target.

If the targeting info is correct it should be usable without a target and actually break stuff.
The DA SLA is incorrectly labeled as "Foe, Directional, Breakable", it's intended to be "Foe, Positional" like the actual spell.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs

pathing issue?
Can confirm Frogo having issues there.
Is this just a Frogo issue or a general Rogue Hireling issue?

J1NG

I can do things others can't...

This is actually not the only quest that does this (The other one I am aware of that does this is Kill Ten Rats). But it's also "somewhat expected" for the quest to work this way (at least, from what we understand from how DDO works).

From what has been observed, it appears this particular quest and some others, pull an instance (copy) of a hub area, or at least - something that copies something from a hub or explorer area. This appears to include the normal hubs timeout once no one is there in this instance of the copied hub/explorer.

So after the first 5 minutes of this instance first spawning (when you first enter the quest) the timer for the timeout for the instanced area starts. So whilst you have someone in the quest it will not be an issue as it is kept alive. But if you are solo, the moment you DC, the instance is despawned and thus you get kicked back to where the quest was associated. As there was no one in that instance where the quest is, but the timer is running from the hub area.

I am unsure if there is an easy fix without making new assets for the specific quests that pull copies of existing areas in DDO that would time out. Lets hope it is possible, but yeah. Don't run Captive of the Hidden God, or Kill Ten Rats solo.

J1NG

Status
Not open for further replies.