Tolero: Forgotten Realms content for next 3 years please!

mbartol

Murder Hobo
FR is familiar and nostalgic to many, but it's not that great for telling new stories, because its stories have already largely been told. I'd rather push on to new virgin territory like Spelljammer.
However, the best content SSG releases tend to be adaptations of existing sources.

With the Year of the Dragon theme, and the new Dragonlance setting for 5th Edition, Krynn would also be a good choice.

Svirfneblin

Yes I would like to see more forgotten realms and we are not done with Graz'zt.
I did like the Tethyamar Mining Outpost chain.
Though would also like to go back to the Demi plane of dread there’s lots there still to be explored

songswrath

Something something tethy mines?
No vecna. We ally with all the passed bosses of ddo. In what looks too be a setup for a great fight of the gods. Than bam we fight some demon that makes a deal. It's like Disney wrote this storyline it's just trash.
The mines story line was great but ball was dropped there. As he states at end of fight it was epic but not yet legendary. Like he's speaking of legendary lvl yet to come and his return.

songswrath

I love to see graz,zt return with a fight much like tanking r10 Fortis difficulty. Meaning you don't have a good tank and watching for signs of his big move everyone eats dirt lol

droid327

If they bring Grazzberry back I hope they do a revamp of Mines to make them a little better as regular quests and not the special "endgame challenge" quests they were designed to be - ie higher mob toughness, lower xp gains

CBDunk

If we look at the various settings in terms of how familiar people are with each and how 'fleshed out' they are with different adventures, novels, setting books, et cetera I think the rankings would run something like;
  1. Toril
  2. Oerth
  3. Eberron
  4. Krynn
  5. Planescape
  6. Ravenloft
  7. Athas
  8. Everything else
DDO, on the other hand, has a great deal of Eberron content, a fair amount on Toril, the central core of Ravenloft, a handful of disconnected bits of Oerth, and just faint hints of Planescape.

As such, I'd like to see more of the popular materials from Toril and Oerth brought into the game... at least approaching parity with the amount of Eberron material (which would take years). That might pave the way for a bit more Planescape to help connect the various game realms into a more coherent whole. Expanding Ravenloft and/or adding content from Krynn, Athas, or other settings could be individual small projects, but it'd be a long long time before I'd expect to see significant coverage of those.

Notadrizztvariant

If we look at the various settings in terms of how familiar people are with each and how 'fleshed out' they are with different adventures, novels, setting books, et cetera I think the rankings would run something like;
  1. Toril
  2. Oerth
  3. Eberron
  4. Krynn
  5. Planescape
  6. Ravenloft
  7. Athas
  8. Everything else
DDO, on the other hand, has a great deal of Eberron content, a fair amount on Toril, the central core of Ravenloft, a handful of disconnected bits of Oerth, and just faint hints of Planescape.

As such, I'd like to see more of the popular materials from Toril and Oerth brought into the game... at least approaching parity with the amount of Eberron material (which would take years). That might pave the way for a bit more Planescape to help connect the various game realms into a more coherent whole. Expanding Ravenloft and/or adding content from Krynn, Athas, or other settings could be individual small projects, but it'd be a long long time before I'd expect to see significant coverage of those.
The problem, if you want to see it as that, is, they have a lot of stuff going on, but they just don't make a lot of good use of the Eberron setting. In the early years, we had content that greatly tied in into the specifics of this campaign world (from gianthold to Inspired Quarter/Dreaming Dark). Lately, the game is lacking in iconic Eberron moments. Just look at the Bark and the Blade. THAT is our introduction in the Mournlands? Poor LoB has some trailerpark throne out in the wilds and we go dogsitting... Also, not a whole lot of new Eberron protagonists, we already had Vol and LoB. This is such a rich, unique setting but a lot of times we get standard fantasy content just set in Eberron.

mbartol

Murder Hobo
I would go along if it was a separate server so it could be real dark sun with defiling magic and all
But then you would need to devote inventory space for water when you journey into the wilderness. Can you imagine how people will will complain?

Cetus

No vecna. We ally with all the passed bosses of ddo. In what looks too be a setup for a great fight of the gods. Than bam we fight some demon that makes a deal. It's like Disney wrote this storyline it's just trash.
The mines story line was great but ball was dropped there. As he states at end of fight it was epic but not yet legendary. Like he's speaking of legendary lvl yet to come and his return.
This is exactly my issue with how they handled Vecna. It's a shame

Fizban

Forgotten Realms is my favorite setting and would really like to see it more and more. Thank you SSG for making the next expansion pack in the Forgotten Realms.

My Favorite D&D Worlds are:
  • Forgotten Realms
  • Dragonlance
  • Ravenloft

Blu

Mmm...
DDO is set in Eberron primarily and yet of the 8 expansions/mini expansions only 2 are set in eberron and one is focused around a deity from the greyhawk setting, of the 60 adventure packs in DDO (counting challenges) about a third are not set in Eberron.
Yes FR is the most popular setting and it has plenty of games with bigger budgets and bigger dev teams that explore it, does it make sense to try to compete with those games directly?

There are plenty of other settings, there is A LOT of Eberron this game hasn't touched on and this is the only video game to actually really bother with Eberron.

Laying down a beat and spitting out facts.

Synalon

I really enjoy the Eberron setting... It just seems so much more creative to me. Faerun is fine, I don't dislike it or anything, it's just very standard vanilla Medieval/LotR-esque high fantasy setting.

Eberron is more steampunk, has a great backstory, and seems actually more realistic to human nature - if magic truly existed, of course we would use it to build airships and submarines and sentient robots.

All of this is subjective. As I say I do also like Faerun content. But this is why I enjoy Eberron and am happy to have it as the main campaign setting.

The only thing I don't like is all the constructs I can't instakill 😛

tsotate

Last time they did nothing but FR content for years in a row, I ended up leaving the game for almost six years because of it. There are so many better settings out there.