Tolero: Forgotten Realms content for next 3 years please!

TavernBrawler

Eberron fans have had enough on their world for past 17 years. They have infinitely run the Codex of Infinite Planes to save Eberron. Now that we are finally getting an xpac back to Forgotten realms, can we please fully focus on that for next 3 years? We have barely scratched the surface and FR is the most popular setting in D&D. If BG3 can make 100 million in sales, DDO can do the same when focused on FR.

P.S: Thank you for the upcoming xpac in FR.

Lotoc

DDO is set in Eberron primarily and yet of the 8 expansions/mini expansions only 2 are set in eberron and one is focused around a deity from the greyhawk setting, of the 60 adventure packs in DDO (counting challenges) about a third are not set in Eberron.
Yes FR is the most popular setting and it has plenty of games with bigger budgets and bigger dev teams that explore it, does it make sense to try to compete with those games directly?

There are plenty of other settings, there is A LOT of Eberron this game hasn't touched on and this is the only video game to actually really bother with Eberron.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
Got to think about production costs. Making Dark Sun is like making a brand new game or even planscape. FR is the way to go for cost/content production.

kriegzilla

Got to think about production costs. Making Dark Sun is like making a brand new game or even planscape. FR is the way to go for cost/content production.
I hadn’t thought about that WRT Planescape, but I think you might be correct. Also, I never played Myth Drannor as I was engaged in RL work for many yyears when it was published. Having read up on it recently it seems a good place to go given the level gap increase and its easy access to other realms/dimensions/planes.

Dragavon

I hate the Eberron setting like the plague.

Well, maybe not that strong, but I am absolutely convinced DDO would have been much more popular if it was set in FR and not Eberron.

Imagine if DDO was Waterdeep and Undermountain. Instead we have Stormreach and kobold sewers :sick:

Much more FR would be a good thing imo.

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
Agree with Elmister here. I would like to see much more Forgotten Realms content, but not to the extent of what the OP is suggesting.

Lotoc

the big issue with Forgotten Realms is it's WotC's big ticket IP, they likely charge much more for the license on any FR content than they do the plethora of settings they neglect.

droid327

FR is familiar and nostalgic to many, but it's not that great for telling new stories, because its stories have already largely been told. I'd rather push on to new virgin territory like Spelljammer.

vryxnr

sweet merciful crap no, lol. Yeah, FR is popular, but I've been FR burned out forever as it's all everything else does. Give me something novel like Eberron (or at least a balance of the two, not all one with nothing from the other)