Sacred Fist Needs Access to the Epic Monk Feats Please

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
There's really only two Epic Feats that requires the Monk Class specifically, and that's Improved Martial Arts (12 Monk needed) and Vorpal Strikes (12 Monk needed again along with Improved Critical Bludgeon and Wisom 23). And in normal DnD, the Sacred Fist requires some Monk levels anyway or at least counts as them if I'm not mistaken, so I can definitely get behind this one.

Although, I would like to ask for Vorpal Strikes to work properly, as currently it does not apply Vorpal to Handwraps, which is the bread and butter of all Sacred Fist unarmed and Monk unarmed as well. That it only is functional (applies Vorpal) with animal forms for being "unarmed" is not ideal; a clearly Monk (like) feature should at least work with them.

Dragnilar

Dragonborn of Bahamut
Agreed, it seems strange Sacred Fist doesn't have access to those feats IMO.

Honestly though, I think they would have been better to have used a different "Paladin" class altogether instead of Sacred Fist...

Eltronin

Kobolds don't matter
Been playing for many years, and Sacred Fist finally feels like the class for me. I breezed up to 32 like never before and am actually having so much fun with it.

Thulsadoom

Been playing for many years, and Sacred Fist finally feels like the class for me. I breezed up to 32 like never before and am actually having so much fun with it.
Yeah me to, love the theme of the silver flame. Some people using quarterstaff with it but I cant get into it. What could be better than the silver flame on your hands and bashing evil with it :D

Thulsadoom

Agreed, it seems strange Sacred Fist doesn't have access to those feats IMO.

Honestly though, I think they would have been better to have used a different "Paladin" class altogether instead of Sacred Fist...
Cleric would have been my first choice but I have gotten over it :)

Mokune

After wrapping up my racials I decided to get some Iconics that I had bypassed and some Hamp from SF while at it. Really enjoying this @ 32 and I really kinda winged it...Shadarkai 1Rogue/1Wiz/18SF, Vistani GTWF, Spring Attack, Quicken, IC:pierce, GCS, 2 Chains, Fan of Knives, Ki Wave, BoGW. Lots of Dodge, Lots of Saves. I decided against the SF Cleave attack though. The animation with dual daggers is too slow for me to deal with. Next are the Tabaxi Iconics, will try a few different variations of 1Monk/1(FVS/Warlock)/18 SF with the same Feat Layout. Wearing a 3 PCS RL Rogue set with 6 Pcs Feywild Autumn. Not ideal but is sufficient for farming moar pcs of Saltmarsh and IoD.

Soulcial

Weekend Warrior
Honestly how did they not do Sacred Fist for cleric and a dark knight thing (instead of dark apostate) for paladin? both these classes just missed so hard for me. no divine might for sacred fist, no divine will for dark apostate..

Soulcial

Weekend Warrior
Divine might in the tree would be a game changer.. the problem is even with out that it's a very expensive tree.. A few AP reductions would go a long way to making it a viable end game tree.

Mickeymouse

Divine might in the tree would be a game changer.. the problem is even with out that it's a very expensive tree.. A few AP reductions would go a long way to making it a viable end game tree.
yes, it would make pure SF an actual valid choice.

Desirdes

This will be in an upcoming Lamannia preview, thank you!
Nice that is very appreciated and makes me actually want to give SF another try later on. On the topic of feat prereqs and archetypes, could we expect at Acolyte of the Skin pact feats count for taking the epic pact/blast feats at some point? If players are investing several feats into upgrading blasts/pact damage it would be nice to be able to continue that in epics even with less than 12 Warlock.

droid327

This will be in an upcoming Lamannia preview, thank you!

Could Ultimate Pact Attunement be added as a prereq alternative to the epic Warlock feats, too?

Acolytes who invest fully in their Pact progress (which exists specifically to let you have full EB without investing in Warlock levels) should be able to continue that investment post-20 just as "regular" Warlocks do

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Could Ultimate Pact Attunement be added as a prereq alternative to the epic Warlock feats, too?

Acolytes who invest fully in their Pact progress (which exists specifically to let you have full EB without investing in Warlock levels) should be able to continue that investment post-20 just as "regular" Warlocks do
That would be great. Every time I loop back around to an AotS life I ask for that again. It would be nice QoL for multiclassing them.

droid327

That would be great. Every time I loop back around to an AotS life I ask for that again. It would be nice QoL for multiclassing them.

Its not just QOL, its basic viability lol...you cant play in Epic without having access to the Epic progression of your main attacks

It'd be like if Barbarians werent allowed to use any weapons ML20 or higher unless they had 12 levels of Barbarian :D

Kasanje

YouTube Creator
Glad to see this change coming. I enjoyed using SF during the recent HCL and I think I will center my end-game build around this archetype.