So age of Conan I gave it a try guys and found it to be very much like ddo without the lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddymaxson

It sucks your life away, doesn't it? haha
Yeah but it appeals to me that it's pretty systematically designed to allow continued progression and I don't lose that if I take even a 5 year break from the game, sure I have some catching up to do when I take 5 years off the game (racial TRs were a bit much and included several year long breaks).

On top of that, the continued and varied progression allows you to go through a scale of difficulties so you see the results of your effort really well over a long period of time. Bigger MMOs don't do that because they just reset your power every 2 years, which has its own appeals to a new player, but I sort of like my character being a written history of the hours I've put in. That's really fun to me!

Edit: also a TR isn't /that/ long a period of time, swapping class and be raid ready within ~20 hours with a completely new playstyle keeps things varied.

Kyrr

Yeah but it appeals to me that it's pretty systematically designed to allow continued progression and I don't lose that if I take even a 5 year break from the game, sure I have some catching up to do when I take 5 years off the game (racial TRs were a bit much and included several year long breaks).

On top of that, the continued and varied progression allows you to go through a scale of difficulties so you see the results of your effort really well over a long period of time. Bigger MMOs don't do that because they just reset your power every 2 years, which has its own appeals to a new player, but I sort of like my character being a written history of the hours I've put in. That's really fun to me!
Exactly. I don't exactly enjoy the state of the game similar to Strimtom, so I'm not logging in at the moment, but when the time is right, is when the return happens.

JaynChar2019

On top of everything my last post that got over 6k views about how I didn't even know how to stick around anymore because everyone around me was abandoning ship harping and trolling saying theres nothing like ddo, and I ACTUALLY found a replacement and all you can do is stink on it....................????????????? good luck gaslighting the next fellar into accepting your lag and toxity. I'm out mike drop!!!!!!!!!!!!

JaynChar2019

Seems sorta like OP is annoyed at DDO and considers it a sinking ship and in response has sort of made it a personal quest to help scupper said ship.

With the best will in the world, it sucks that the game has pissed you off but it's pretty mean spirited to hang around telling everyone else to be pissed off on your behalf.

Personally I hate DDO, but the bits I like are good enough to keep me coming back and I doubt that Age of Conan has those bits. Only other MMO that really has them is Warframe.
I'm not the only one upset my whole guild and husband jumped ship. learn to read.

Mickeymouse

At this point this thread is just funny.. as someone said earlier, Conan combat is DDO for dummies, so unlike OJ Simpson this guy seems to have found a glove that fits. (3 decade old reference!)

paddymaxson

On top of everything my last post that got over 6k views about how I didn't even know how to stick around anymore because everyone around me was abandoning ship harping and trolling saying theres nothing like ddo, and I ACTUALLY found a replacement and all you can do is stink on it....................????????????? good luck gaslighting the next fellar into accepting your lag and toxity. I'm out mike drop!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am sorry the 6k views did not bring you happiness/ameliorate your upset but there really is nothing like DDO, there's similar games (early 2nd gen MMOs had a lot of active but not really active combat) but I don't think AoC includes the features that make DDO enjoyable for a lot of us, just "It has solid combat" isn't really what most of us are here for I don't think.

JaynChar2019

I am sorry the 6k views did not bring you happiness/ameliorate your upset but there really is nothing like DDO, there's similar games (early 2nd gen MMOs had a lot of active but not really active combat) but I don't think AoC includes the features that make DDO enjoyable for a lot of us, just "It has solid combat" isn't really what most of us are here for I don't think.
gaslighting gets you nowhere with me there are plenty o games in the sea just like fish lol

Toede

I wouldn't say AoC combat is DDO for dummies, personally. If we are being honest, you can hold down the attack key with a paperweight in DDO and just run into enemies until they die. It's not exactly a complex combat system. It's not really a competition anyway. Each game has good things going for it, each has bad ones too.

The Narc

I wouldn't say AoC combat is DDO for dummies, personally. If we are being honest, you can hold down the attack key with a paperweight in DDO and just run into enemies until they die. It's not exactly a complex combat system. It's not really a competition anyway. Each game has good things going for it, each has bad ones too.
Nope not for first life toons pushing reaper skulls it requires alot more action then that.

paddymaxson

gaslighting gets you nowhere with me there are plenty o games in the sea just like fish lol
People learning the language of therapy has really ruined online discourse, yes any disagreement is "gaslighting" - ok yes fine. consider yourself gaslit

Edit: Oh oh, you should play New World, it's just like DDO - active janky combat, horrific performance issues and a progression system that's insane.

Not sure if they fixed new world yet.

Toede

Nope not for first life toons pushing reaper skulls it requires alot more action then that.
Sure. You definitely need to learn how to dodge and effectively use your abilities to do higher level content than you are equipped for, especially if you are PD'ing. Not in anyway trying to discount that! But for the most part you can just zerg through swinging, as evidenced by the large amount of people who do just that in all difficulty levels.

JaynChar2019

I think Paddy can read, based on his communication skills.
well its obvious he didnt read my post soooo
You're showing your age Mickey. :)
actually age of conan was abandonded and picked back up 14 years ago toaday of all things today is their annevirsary created on the unreal engiine which is far superior than ssg and does not lag EVER!! this and of itself and for ssooooooooooooooooo many other reasons goodbye ssg have fun trolling, nerfing , hutring and demoralizing your player base. I wanted to love you with ALL my heart but you only love yoursevelse and I see that now.

Buddha5440

giphy.gif
:)

I have to admit...these threads have been fun and a good way to unwind.

but, seriously, nerfs come and go. Some suck, others are way past due when they arrive. However, we find a way to get through them (civily, usually).

Happy Gaming All! :)

Kyrr

well its obvious he didnt read my post soooo

actually age of conan was abandonded and picked back up 14 years ago toaday of all things today is their annevirsary created on the unreal engiine which is far superior than ssg and does not lag EVER!! this and of itself and for ssooooooooooooooooo many other reasons goodbye ssg have fun trolling, nerfing , hutring and demoralizing your player base. I wanted to love you with ALL my heart but you only love yoursevelse and I see that now.
lol

Kyrr

giphy.gif
:)

I have to admit...these threads have been fun and a good way to unwind.

but, seriously, nerfs come and go. Some suck, others are way past due when they arrive. However, we find a way to get through them (civily, usually).

Happy Gaming All! :)
How much you want to bet they'll return at a later date?

I've got 50.

Steeme

Relax mates, it's just a game.

You can play more than one game, variety is a good thing.

U51 didn't sink the ship, I don't think U66 is going to sink it either.

JaynChar2019

How much you want to bet they'll return at a later date?

I've got 50.
how much I bet I have conviction of a mother lion and you dont remember I am a new player so I dont have the bonds you do, but also remeber I am a raid queen, not here anymore but I will find greener grass.

Status
Not open for further replies.