Post on the forum, in the Dev Tracker, that there will NOT be a patch today for the FPS issues.

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
Not on Discord. Not on twitch, not on Fridays at Four.

Not only did you screw up the game, but you also fail to communicate plans and possibilities, however tentative, here on your own forums.

Owlbear

Not only did you screw up the game, but you also fail to communicate plans and possibilities, however tentative, here on your own forums.
Cordo mentioned on the livestream they need about 8 hours to upload the new build of the game with fixes. They haven't found a fix yet so patch won't be today.

Falkor

Did we really expect an update of this size to have no issues? Public alpha testing is complete and next week will be beta testing. Be patient people, we have years of bug hunting before us.

Buddha5440

Yes. They should give you minute-by-minute updates on everything they are doing.

If they say 'We are working on X right now' the forums come back with 'Well what about Y/Z/A/B/Q/U/S' , etc.

Let them do their jobs or get employed there and do it yourself.

Ahpuch

Yes. They should give you minute-by-minute updates on everything they are doing.

If they say 'We are working on X right now' the forums come back with 'Well what about Y/Z/A/B/Q/U/S' , etc.

Let them do their jobs or get employed there and do it yourself.
While there are some fair points here to consider, it misses the criticism of the OP. They had time to say on unofficial channels that the problem would not be fixed today but did not do so here where players could see it.

Of course, Cordo has come here to clarify so i guess all is good (within the limited scope of this thread).

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
I was running the 64bit client and switched over the 32 and all of my frame & mouse-look issues went away. Frames were consistent and there was no mouse look glitch/stutter. I went through at least 6 instances to check for degradation and didn't see any. If you have any luck (or not) with this option, post up to confirm.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
I was running the 64bit client and switched over the 32 and all of my frame & mouse-look issues went away. Frames were consistent and there was no mouse look glitch/stutter. I went through at least 6 instances to check for degradation and didn't see any. If you have any luck (or not) with this option, post up to confirm.
I switched also to 32 bit client and the fps was less and less after every quest and or loading screen

Jack Jarvis Esquire

Worst case, surely, is they reverse the 0.01 patch or whatever, and we're back to crashing from the main menu, which is much less impactful.

They could then look for an alternative solution to that.

TavernBrawler

We just play test and provide informed feedback for free, and we get nerfs and bugs as a thank you. I really wish I didn't love this game.
I still dont understand why you came back from LoL, considering you made a very public wailing and gnashing when you left DDO.

Cetus

I still dont understand why you came back from LoL, considering you made a very public wailing and gnashing when you left DDO.
Public wailing and gnashing? Huh? Why do you care again? Do I know you or are you another fan?

Regardless, there's nothing to understand. I felt like playing DDO and had lot's of fun, spent a few hundred bucks on various crap.

Now, I once again feel disrespected by the people who run this game, and bam - I no longer feel like it again, money goes elsewhere.

Mand O'Lin

Singer of Songs Drinker of Drinks
Worst case, surely, is they reverse the 0.01 patch or whatever, and we're back to crashing from the main menu, which is much less impactful.

They could then look for an alternative solution to that.
Exactly this! The "Main Menu" crash bug was FAR less game impacting than the new performance degradation issue. Just go back to 66.0.0 until such a time as the try-it-and-see programmers are able to come up with something better and this half-baked nightmare.

Onyxia2016

The problem is easy, rollback the patch and take a little more time to get it right.
A test it before pushing live.

Continuation Bias
The unconscious cognitive bias to continue with the original plan in spite of changing conditions.

Kimbere

LOL. With SSG's track record, you all want them to try a full code and player database rollback now?! Hahaha.

Pray tell, exactly how well do you think they'd do at that given the current examples of competency?

Since it seems some of you have really short memories, maybe a few players from Wayfinder would be kind enough to speak up and remind us how the last code corruption and major rollback issue went?

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
I"m a relative noob. Tell me about the cataclysm that was the "Wayfinder Incident" It sounds car-wreck fascinating.. 🤨