Recent content by CBDunk

1. C

Stealth-Nerf of Airship

The grove teleport isn't a particularly big deal for me (slightly faster to go Saltmarsh > Grove than Ship > Grove), but I'm all for more options in general so... good addition. That said, there has long been an issue with the destination lists being out of date (which you have apparently been...
  2. C

SSG: Time to reel in 18/1/1 builds

This is simply false. 18/1/1 has been a perfectly valid option for most of D&D's history. Certainly in the v3.5 ruleset that DDO is based on. If anything, multiclassing in DDO is vastly MORE restricted than it is in most versions of D&D.
  3. C

Introducing our VIP Loyalty Reward Program!

Suggestions Requiring monthly pickup makes sense for the Year of the Dragon 'gifts'. Much less so for VIP loyalty 'rewards'. If people paid for the subscription to be active, they should get the reward... even if they aren't able to log in that month. Maybe any 'missed month' options could...
  4. C

Introducing our VIP Loyalty Reward Program!

I like the general direction (e.g. some fluff and some permanent improvements accumulating with total time as a VIP). Would have preferred to see something in recognition of time spent as a VIP up to this point and would quibble about some of the options (yeah, I just don't see ANYONE picking...
  5. C

How do I get Dragon Lord? I'm VIP and missed the free window

Sounds like something is wonky. VIP should get it for free... as long as you remain VIP. Claiming it from the dragon just means that'd you would still have access to it if you were to let your VIP status lapse. There may be something wrong where they assumed everyone would claim it from the...
  6. C

Don't repeat Vecna Unleashed

My group loves the 'whimsy'. Catastrophe, Devils to Pay, et cetera. Best stuff they've done in years. Haven't had a chance to run the three new quests yet, but they look great. We're looking forward to Myth Drannor too, but variety is good.
  7. C

DDO unavailable: Saturday March 30th

Minor technical quibble... the Tolkien estate / family hasn't owned the rights to The Lord of the Rings derivatives since the 1960s. Currently, and for most of that time, they've been held by Saul Zaentz. SSG's license, like the Peter Jackson films and that thing Amazon did, is with him... not...
  8. C

DDO unavailable: Saturday March 30th

...and that's a full 24 hours. So far, we've heard that there are problems with hardware communications in the data center and that they'll let us know when they have an ETA or more information. Everything else (Fred retribution, striking hamsters, explosions, backhoe accidents, etc) is pure...
  9. C

Can we please stop putting Keen on end game weapons? Please?

Keen on high level weapons is useful for some caster builds that use weapon attacks mostly as a way to get additional procs of things that scale with spell power (e.g. Primal Avatar mantle), and thus aren't likely to have Improved Critical. Augmentable effects (which, at this point, is MOST...
  10. C

Downtime Notice: Wednesday, March 27th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

The extra tumble charges at 10 and 20 ranks were badly needed. Two tumbles just weren't enough in most combat situations or even to get through many of the larger 'trap fields'. Players who have maxed out the skill now having at least four ranks should cover those issues.
  11. C

Reaper system revamp (mentioned by Sev in September)

So... you never group with bards? Or anyone else that applies lots of buffs? That said, I've never much liked the 'everyone uses the results of the highest reaper tier party member' idea either. It'd change reaper from a system where your character slowly gets more powerful to... just group...
  12. C

DDO Character Planner

Anyone else noticing an extra Destiny Point showing up some time recently (in both original and new versions)? Even when I remove all tomes, past lives, destinies unlocked, et cetera there is always one 'free' destiny point. This shows up in the Fate Points breakdown as; Breakdown Source...
  13. C

TEACHING RAID NIGHT : SIGN- UP NOW !

Five hours? No, not even five minutes. My group hosts raids on Khyber every few days, and it isn't uncommon to get one or two people who don't know the raid. For the most part we just explain the highlights in a message to the party channel like; Phase 1: Find and activate the hidden runes...
  14. C

Tumbling was nerfed too hard

I'd just like to know what their 'vision' for tumbling is. Based on this thing called Dungeons and Dragons, I'd always thought it was an ability for getting away from enemies w/o being stopped or attacked. DDO had something like that long ago when there were multiple ways to 'tumble through'...
  15. C

Build Challenge

In the OP I said, "characters of every type (i.e. tank, ranged DPS, instakill caster, CC caster, blaster caster, ranged DPS, stealth, etc)". In the post you are replying to I said, "any reasonable build". You call that "moving goal posts". I call it paraphrasing for brevity. ...and here we...