Recent content by Lag4Ever

1. Lag4Ever

DDO unavailable: Saturday March 30th

I feel seen! Quaffs Invisibility Pot
  2. Lag4Ever

DDO Store Unavailable

While you’re under the hood of the store, can you fix the “show unsuitable” flag as has been mentioned on the forums numerous times.
  3. Lag4Ever

Has play testing gone away?

Selected internet-enabled business models in a nutshell: Adobe: Users are a recurring revenue stream, let's make products with best-in-class features, mandatory subscriptions and high switching costs! Facebook: Users are the product, let's make our sites ubiquitous & addictive, then sell their...
  4. Lag4Ever

Predictions for 2024

Setting forth my expectations for 2024: Something fun I like about the game will be removed under the auspices of “performance improvements” and yet performance will not improve DDO producer will publish a vague update letter and then vanish inexplicably for another year without responding to...
  5. Lag4Ever

Is the client crashing due to audio bugs with dinosaurs ever going to be fixed?

This is what I have suggested in the past - for example, just paste in the “roar” from the bear in Slaver’s, and let everyone get a good chuckle. This bug is so annoying, and for me it causes crashes when I do not use headphones vs. being fine when I do use headphones. But then again, I’m a...
  6. Lag4Ever

Hardcore characters don't receive Saltmarsh VIP ticket.

And so it does...I transferred the test case toon from Hardcore to a normal server and the VIP ticket did appear once on the normal server. Forum Hive Mind 1, Lag 0. Could have sworn I used that elixir of discovery in past HC seasons. Oh well, I'll chalk one up to senility.
  7. Lag4Ever

I'm pretty sure this has not been the case in the past, but my memory is not perfect.
  8. Lag4Ever

So I just created a new toon on Hardcore (did not receive ticket) And one on a normal server (did receive ticket) (Loot): Thank you for being a VIP. Please find Saltmarsh VIP Reward Ticket in your inventory. There is definitely something wrong with the Hardcore server around this
  9. Lag4Ever

Same issue here, planning to test again with a new toon on HC server today
  10. Lag4Ever

Okay, when is Season Nine?

It's as if the devs somehow communicate even worse with each other than they do with the player base. I did not think that was possible.
  11. Lag4Ever

Okay, when is Season Nine?

Attention to detail is not SSG's strong suit. 2PM...3PM...what's the difference?
  12. Lag4Ever

Hardcore Season 10 Suggestion

I think this is a very interesting concept - what if it were combined with a requirement (or you get a bonus multiplier to the XP stone) to be on the Favor or Reaper leaderboard at the end of the season? Would provide a further incentive for players to push their comfort zone and keep active in...
  13. Lag4Ever

SSG, DDO is a Great Game

It would be completely off-brand, but some sort of statement or acknowledgment from SSG management is way overdue on this. Here, I'll draft something SSG can copy/paste: We continuously monitor system resources and performance, and are aware of the increased lag as of late. Frankly the current...
  14. Lag4Ever

Suggestions to get the Lag under control

You're 100% right, I have no idea about how DDO's code actually works. But I do know that if the game experience does not improve, more and more users will be compelled to reduce their spend and/or leave...and at some point it will not make financial sense for SSG to keep the lights on. And...
  15. Lag4Ever

Suggestions to get the Lag under control

Fair enough, maybe what I'm proposing is merely rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic, but I for one want this Titanic to keep sailing for a few more years. And if squeezing 10% better performance out of this ancient single-threaded engine with a mountain of tech debt haphazardly piled...