Recent content by Muggins

1. M

Settle an argument

Ok, so three pages in and no one has shown a screenshot. Just a lot of opinions & theories which was what was being thrown around in my Barovia group and had me feeling the same: "meh, thanks for telling me how you feel about gold piles." For the people who are saying let players have 3 seconds...
  2. M

Settle an argument

My group was running through Barovia and an argument started because players were taking too long searching each of the gold piles in Castle Ravenloft. Half of my group said it was a waste of time since only gems and coins drop while the other half of the group said they had (at least heard)...
  3. M

Have a laugh or help me

The biggest regret of my DDO career was that my first week I didn't have a distance weapon and I needed a distance weapon to get shamans in waterworks that would leap up on the walls out of my reach. Because I had no idea what an auction house was, or where to buy weapons (or bolts for that...
  4. M

Add more Solo quests starting with those Threnal side quests

It's ok that you're missing the point. This type of gaming is not something you, Br4d & the other posters above, are willing to consider as useful in your life. However, Solo quests have numerous benefits that casual/normal quests do not have. One benefit that is especially useful is that when...
  5. M

Add more Solo quests starting with those Threnal side quests

There is a big gap between the solo quests - the 3 in Harbor (Home Sweet, The Miller's Debt, Arachnophobia) and the level 19 in IQ (Raiding the Giants' Vault). I like to run these when I'm a little early for my static group. I prefer quests that gives me favor to wildernesses where I just get...
  6. M

This may sound odd

No. That's not what it teaches. It teaches in the first quest that there is a buff that can be given that means you never die. It teaches you that there are traps in quests. It teaches that there are npc friends in the quest that can disable traps for you. It teaches you that you can not...
  7. M

The thief would charm his way inside ...

As a courtesy, when I'm invited to another guild's airship (if I've got the time), I will compare my own guild ship's buffs to what buffs I just received. More often than not, I find that my friend's guild has set up their decks wrong. For instance, they will have Grand Reliquary set up as well...
  8. M

Customizable Guild Cloaks

In the MMORPG Dark Age of Camelot, that's exactly what they had. Guild cloaks. It was very useful when doing a PvE raid where you were separating forces to take different towers and different guilds were manning specific trebuchet/ballista/battering rams. Find your guild's cloak in the crowd...
  9. M

Ideas for new puzzle styles

A carnival themed Hall of Mirrors maze would be worth a look-see. I would pay good money to have evil clown mobs to mow down. I'd also like a cornfield maze but much larger than the hedge mazes in Desire in the Dark or A Study in Sable.
  10. M

This may sound odd

I like getting information about new quests in game without having to research DDOwiki or the DDOforums. So add a lethal traps icon. Why not... no one will die from more information. List of quests with unavoidable traps that have tpk'd new player pugs I've been in over the years: Worst...
  11. M

If only all quests could be like Ghola-Fan

Right now, there is no chest in the game that brings me as much pleasure as the treasure chests in Bring Me the Head of Ghola Fan. That is because EVERY SINGLE chest in Ghola Fan actually forwards the story. In other quests, I don't care how sweet the stats on the named loot may be, the chest...
  12. M

Monster Manual X: What's Next?

Speaking of new Monster Manual additions, I wouldn't mind seeing : a) Unlocked Pets of Will o'wisp, Sea Lion, Displacer Beast, Pixie and Salamander b) Unlocked HP for Bebilith, Djinn, Frost Giant, Marut, Medusa, Shield Guardian, Slaad and Umber Hulk c) final reward being DDO Points instead of...