Recent content by vik

1. V

ED's for PM

That's interesting, but I think it's bugged. Death ward does normally block negative energy, at least in all of the content I've been playing. Have you had the same experience outside the TOR, such as the Eveningstar quests?
  2. V

Hireling Suggestions

I think SSG designed hirelings so that if you make maximal summon investment in your build it is possible. They just need a little fine tuning.
  3. V

Hireling Suggestions

I'm surprised you want to argue over this, but i'll bite. That second longer you spent is what got your hirelings killed by that veng reaper circle or the boss. So yes, it's worth improving. Currently I have z and x remapped to teleport my first 2 hirelings and it's saved them many times...
  4. V

Hireling Suggestions

Correct, but it is much slower to do that then having one dedicated key we can map to.
  5. V

Hireling Suggestions

Can we get a teleport all key to teleport all hirelings at once? Vengeance Reapers: they shouldn't be able to take out an entire party of hirelings with just one circle. How about either giving them some absorption to that evil damage or make them immune? Can we get a warforged level 28-32...
  6. V

Why is it IMPOSSIBLE for SSG to code hirelings to behave as instructed?

Hireling thoughts: Scarecrow: I'll come get beat on when I'm ready dammit. Shield Golem: ... Teal: got to beat that crappy wizard in the kill count! maybe he'll die again so I can get moar killz! Feywild Muse: can we get the loot without the fighting? it's too much work and I've got a bar...
  7. V

Why is it IMPOSSIBLE for SSG to code hirelings to behave as instructed?

Here are some of the issues I've noticed with hirelings: 1. if you die in reaper, and a healer hireling tries to raise you but fails due to the resurrection timer, it seems to bug out and then go and attack stuff. 2. if a boss has a special attack and you're trying to get a hireling to tank, it...
  8. V

Is something weird going on with weird?

I have a few questions about fatesinger: cut the strings: if enemies make their will save does the death effect still apply? for fatesinger t5 I calculated +2 to ability scores but I couldn't figure out where the other +1 DC came from. How are you gaining bardic ballad to get that extra +1 DC?
  9. V

I knew about the 2 saves: monsters seem to be making the will save as there was no damage taken. Thanks all, I had no idea that 124 was a low DC for that spell and thought something was broken when my 120 DC wail was working just fine pre u66.
  10. V

No way I'm getting anywhere close to that: boosts and debuffs won't even get me close. Greater color spray is a good spell, I agree. Mine's at 120 right now and it's landing a lot. Too bad it doesn't make mind-immune champs helpless but we have other spells for that. I'm not ready to throw...
  11. V

I'll double-check the logs here in a bit. I'm just reading the tooltip values inside a reaper dungeon. But yes, those are the values I would expect.
  12. V

Hmm, that's definitely possible. Unfortunately I don't really have a pre u66 and a post u66 comparison as I respec'd into illusion after u66. If they did that I'll be very annoyed, as there aren't many ways I can squeak out more DC: deep gnome: +3 illusion. not doing that: i'd rather quit...
  13. V

I've changed my wizard from an enchant/necro to enchant/illusion focus, so now I'm running around with a 124 DC weird and 125 PK in R6-R7. I would've thought that would be enough DC but I'm seeing normal human mobs (not champs) save a lot more often than they did vs. 120 DC wail. This is in...
  14. V

Will DDO increase overall difficulty?

*grabs flame retardant suit* OP, I've got an idea. Post your build and your normal group's builds on these forums. R11 achieved!
  15. V

Don't worry too much about the nerfs

Agreed, it is debatable whether they are nerfing just to sell it back later. There are more instances when they nerfed something and didn't sell it later than otherwise. I get what you're saying, but your 2 year old gear: is there some Isle of Dread stuff in there? They haven't bumped up the...