Spell cool-down reductions are not working !

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
So a test in PvP with a DC of 70 Embolden Enabled leaves it at 70, but assuming it works and it's only a display error and thus is really DC 72 then the enemy targets will need to make a save roll of 73 or greater to survive, 72 if they have No Fail Fortitude Save.

In this case, the enemy player rolled a 70 (enough for an non Emboldened Mass Frog) and stayed alive (save successful). This would suggest that the Mass Frog ability DC is not being increased at all, tooltip DC or actual in game DC. So a Dev will either need to remove Embolden from being able to work on it, or allow it to apply the increase proplerly to it.

J1NG

DBZ

No it is probably broken never worked and the spell pen matters more anything with spell pen its useless

J1NG

No it is probably broken never worked and the spell pen matters more anything with spell pen its useless
I'm afraid I do not follow.

In the tests I've dont just now, Mass Frog appears to have been bypassing Spell Pen without issue, assuming you have the Spell Pen required to do so.

The only real issue I've encountered thus far, is that Mass Frog will only target 5 enemies around you as you are countered as a target as well, making the count of 6 that way instead 6 actual enemies.

J1NG

DBZ

That was changed i think way back the spell pen bug is hard to explain

All the gear and pls and bonuses to spell pen not applying properly and its random

What constructs have spell pen i can test those

mikarddo

Thanks for hijacking the thread into a spell penetration topic. Not helpful !
I am uncertain what more you need.

As far as I can see other posters have kindly answered your question and J1NG (probably the best tester there is) have asked you to provide more details what I do not see you posting. Maybe try posting that to see if he or someone else can help even more with that info.

Also, even though several posters have offered helpful advice both in testing spell cooldown reductions and in letting you know that it does not apply to SLAs you do not seem to appreciate the help you have been given :)

Speed

And that some B$ right there. SLA or not, it's still a spell.

SLA (Spell-like Ability) are not pure spells.
Longer cooldown is the only disadvantage as cost for other benefits, so thats main reason why you can not reduce it.
Cooldown can not be increased (animal form or some stances like Resilience) or decreased.
SP cost is already low, so also can not be decreased.
All metamagic can be used for no sp cost.
Concentration check is not used.
No components are required.
Spell slot is not taken.
ASF is ignored.
Some are not affected by things that may block casting.

Last edited:

Chacka

For me, it works on a Drow sorcerer (currently at level 28).

Note that the cooldown reduction is not displayed in the tooltip (even if I think this should be). To better see it, you have to activate "Show cooldowns in the shortcut bars" in the UI Settings.

And of course, the cooldown reduction only works on spells in your spellbook (which is one reason why I don't like the SLAs in general, and I see the Weird change more as a nerf).

Alternative

Perhaps they ninja nerfed the CD reductions in destinies to not stack. So each works individually, but when having draconic and shadowdancer together you only get 10%. Could be the issue?

J1NG

Perhaps they ninja nerfed the CD reductions in destinies to not stack. So each works individually, but when having draconic and shadowdancer together you only get 10%. Could be the issue?
No, OP posted they tried it individually and neither would provide the cooldown bonus (indivudally, on their own).

I also tested with both, and both reduced as expected. So in the example of the Arcane Tempest video I uploaded when it went from default 30s, it went to 26s, 24/23s, and whilst it wasn't shown, with the other one, it went down to 21s.

So assuming it is working, they most definitely do stack.

The only question we can't answer at this time is why OP does not appear to have this working for them due to insufficient information to replicate their situation to see if anything is amiss.

J1NG

Smokewolf

Update 3-6-2024

Ok after more experimentation, I was (finally) able to get two cooldown reductions to work / stack. That being said, it took a fair bit of messing with it to get the effects to become active. Not sure why that's happening on my end, but it is.

Beyond this, the spells icon-text for the duration isn't being updated to reflect the change in cooldown at all. It could be a thing where the UI isn't capable of this currently, though it would be nice to see the changes if it were possible.

-Smoke