Spell cool-down reductions are not working !

Smokewolf

Bug Report 340141

Been testing Shadow Dancer epic destiny "Shadow-Caster" ability with the epic past life Arcane Alacrity. (-10% spell cooldowns)

It appears that both of these abilities are NOT working correctly. (together or individually) Neither the stated cooldown times shown for the spell nor its timer changes, show that either of these abilities are active.

Edit: Not sure if this is also the case for the Draconic ED "Dragon Speed" as well. Feedback to this regard would be helpful.

-Smoke

Last edited:

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
What spell are you testing this with? And what other cooldown bonus do you have?

The Draconic Incarnation bonus most certainly works, as does the Filigree.

Tested with Power Word Kill out in Searing Heights. Cooldown of 210s without cooldown bonus, less with cooldown bonus enabled.

J1NG

:: edit ::
Have just tried this with the Shadowdancer Cooldown, and it appears to work here. Power Word Kill cooldown goes down as expected.

Reactions: DBZ

Lyrin

Eberron Scholar
What abilities are you testing with? maybe they only reduce whole seconds, and the math doesn't round in our favor.

Smokewolf

Arcane Tempest, Cocoon, and a few other long cooldown spells that I don't remember right off.

Edit: Tried Power Work Kill, with no luck.

J1NG

Arcane Tempest, Cocoon, and a few other long cooldown spells that I don't remember right off.
Just tried Arcane Tempest and that reduces as expected.

Cocoon however is a SLA and will never reduce its cooldown.

J1NG

Smokewolf

This I can not say.

Are you casting the actual spell and seeing the cooldown it lists on the spell icon after? Or just going by the tooltip?

J1NG
I'm seeing the cool down within the icon as well as the timer after its cast. Neither change to allow for a faster casting rotation. (Button remains greyed out until the default CD has completed)

DBZ

Jing while your on can you tell us if mass frog works with embolden dcs and spell pen

J1NG

You'll have to give us the entire Destiny selections you have chosen then. Race of character. Class. Feats. Hopefully someone has some identical choice selections and can see if they experience the same issue. But I can't see why you would not have any Spell Cooldown Reduction working.

If anyone wants video evidence of it working here:

You'll see Arcane Tempest at 26s from Filigree Cooldowns. And then 24/23s from activating Draconic Incarnatino Mantle to reduce the cooldown further.

J1NG

J1NG

Jing while your on can you tell us if mass frog works with embolden dcs and spell pen
I can quickly get some tests to check on teh DC for Frog and see if Embolden works sure. But what's the perceived issue with Spell Pen for it?

J1NG

DBZ

Completely broken for years not working right some one else can explain that bug better

Anything with spell pen you'll notice

Vyder

I only see the 10% cooldown reduction working on spells that have a cooldown of 30 seconds or more. This is on an alchemist and druid both using dragonspeed.

mikarddo

I just did a quick test too.

Blightcaster level 32.
Wail without reduction: 60 sec
Acid Well without reduction: 9 sec

Using 10% from SD; 10% from DI and 10% from Epic PL for a total of 27.1% reduction.
Wail should be 43.74 sec, actual shown is 44 sec.
Acid Well should be 6.561 sec, actual shown is 7 sec (and ticks fastish to 6).

As far as I can tell all these 3 reductions work exactly as expected, both on Wail (60 sec) and on Acid Well (9 sec).

Reactions: DBZ