TEACHING RAID NIGHT : SIGN- UP NOW !

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
TEACHING RAID NIGHT

Hello, KHYBER !

I will be organizing raid nights for Khyber Server.

If you want to TEACH or PLAY a raid please respond to this post with:

#1 DAY/TIME(Eastern U.S. or New York City Time) available (please allow adequate time to run the raid).

#2 Lead/Teach or Player

#3 Raid(s) willing to run.

SCHEDULE TEMPLATE
PLAYER NAME(S)
TEACHER/LEADER#1#2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9
NAME>#10#11#12#13(backup)#14(backup)#15(backup)#16(backup)#17(backup)#18(backup)

DISCLAIMER: This is a *TEACHING* Raid. It will go MUCH slower than a standard Zerg raid. Please be fore-warned before signing up.

Arkat

Founder & Super Hero
TEACHING RAID NIGHT

Hello, KHYBER !

I will be organizing raid nights for Khyber Server.

If you want to TEACH or PLAY a raid please respond to this post with:

#1 DAY/TIME(Eastern U.S. or New York City Time) available (please allow adequate time to run the raid).

#2 Lead/Teach or Player

#3 Raid(s) willing to run.

SCHEDULE TEMPLATE
PLAYER NAME(S)
TEACHER/LEADER#1#2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9
NAME>#10#11#12#13(backup)#14(backup)#15(backup)#16(backup)#17(backup)#18(backup)

DISCLAIMER: This is a *TEACHING* Raid. It will go MUCH slower than a standard Zerg raid. Please be fore-warned before signing up.
You know...you remind me a lot of a guy I used to see on the old DDO Forums - Fran Ohmsford.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
If you really wanted to learn, you would just have to join any raid train in LH. People always explain if you tell them it's your first time. Elitism is rare in those LH runs, on the contrary, they tend to be quite relaxed.
^ 100% this. When I would say in chat "Never done this raid before, that alright?", most raid leaders were really nice and would point out what to do. Some wouldn't type much, but LN/LH raids tend to be completely chill.

Reactions: Dom

drjoans

kinda-known member
Having read another thread that was recently closed about raid gear being inaccessible, this is a much more productive approach and I hope you're able to foster the healthy raiding groups on your server at the times you are available. So well done sir.

Griglok (Karatemack)

Leader- The Casual Obsession (Khyber)
TCO Raids every Wednesday and Saturday. Hit me up. I'll be on Griglok, Greyhead, Havegun or Fiergen. You can also join the discord in my signature.

Tomorrow we are going to be running endless Strahds. R1 a bunch of times to "practice" mechanics, then R6... if that goes well R8 and if that goes well R10. So... tomorrow (03/09) you can't join us other than to hang in voice since we have our push team already. :) Other than that you're welcome to join us on Wednesday or Saturday at 8:30 PM EST. (we typically raid for 3-4 hours)

Sheikra

^ 100% this. When I would say in chat "Never done this raid before, that alright?", most raid leaders were really nice and would point out what to do. Some wouldn't type much, but LN/LH raids tend to be completely chill.
I actually disagree here. Most people are totally cool with you being new, but in my experience the majority of group leaders will just pretend you aren't there basically. Anytime I try to learn a new raid (usually a month or so after release) it's like pulling teeth trying to learn and understand new mechanics.

I WISH there were more people who actually explained the raid, instead of all of the vets just finishing it while the noobies are running around confused lol.

Blerkington

There's a cynical part of me that thinks this is just laying the groundwork for an epic bout of 'I told you so' when it doesn't work out. It also seems a bit weird there's no preference expressed for the raids you want to run. Their gear isn't all equally desirable.

But if it is an honest attempt at grouping I hope it turns out well. Just bear in mind carrying on like a pork chop for months on the forums before asking people to run with you may have an effect on the popularity of your groups. You might be better off just slinking into someone else's groups, putting your head down to learn how it all works and earning some completions.

Lazuli

I actually disagree here. Most people are totally cool with you being new, but in my experience the majority of group leaders will just pretend you aren't there basically. Anytime I try to learn a new raid (usually a month or so after release) it's like pulling teeth trying to learn and understand new mechanics.

I WISH there were more people who actually explained the raid, instead of all of the vets just finishing it while the noobies are running around confused lol.
When I have asked how a raid works, they have always explained it to me. Between the explanations and the wiki it is usually easy to find your way around quickly.

In the same month that the raid comes out, most people are clueless and almost all of us work by trial and error lol

Hobgoblin

TCO Raids every Wednesday and Saturday. Hit me up. I'll be on Griglok, Greyhead, Havegun or Fiergen. You can also join the discord in my signature.

Tomorrow we are going to be running endless Strahds. R1 a bunch of times to "practice" mechanics, then R6... if that goes well R8 and if that goes well R10. So... tomorrow (03/09) you can't join us other than to hang in voice since we have our push team already. :) Other than that you're welcome to join us on Wednesday or Saturday at 8:30 PM EST. (we typically raid for 3-4 hours)
i wouldnt group with tco - all they do is patiently explain what to do over and over until you get it and pass you loot they think might help your char, all without getting mad.

they are wrecking khybers reputation for drama and sir, i for one, will not have it!

Griglok (Karatemack)

Leader- The Casual Obsession (Khyber)
For even more options.... I believe Homeboys on Khyber run raids every Thursday and Sunday? Maybe some Saturday as well. I know they run raids at a different time than we do. Baatezu run raids more mid-day EST. Raven Nation may or may not have spots, but their leaders (Zilgabex and Alloreck) are very skilled at breaking a raid down.

Here is a link to the Jungles of Khyber discord server- where the leaders of each of these guilds is an admin and are easily accessible: https://discord.gg/2V5WYnPYW9

It's also an easy place to post your raids if you decide to host yourself and are having trouble filling a party.

There's a cynical part of me that thinks this is just laying the groundwork for an epic bout of 'I told you so' when it doesn't work out. It also seems a bit weird there's no preference expressed for the raids you want to run. Their gear isn't all equally desirable.

But if it is an honest attempt at grouping I hope it turns out well. Just bear in mind carrying on like a pork chop for months on the forums before asking people to run with you may have an effect on the popularity of your groups. You might be better off just slinking into someone else's groups, putting your head down to learn how it all works and earning some completions.

If you can get Astrican in your raid party, others will join. Solid name to group/raid with on the Khyber server. One of the OGs and top tier player all around.

Last edited:

Lazuli

For even more options.... I believe Homeboys on Khyber run raids every Thursday and Sunday? Maybe some Saturday as well. I know they run raids at a different time than we do.
I have always regretted that our schedules are so incompatible, it is always a pleasure to play with people like you.

Let's see if I can find the strength to stay up so late one day! lol

And yes, there are raids at different times, I play raid trains in a time zone very different from yours.

Astrican is a GREAT player,

Meat-Head

If someone wants to set up a flower sniff raid time, that’s fine. There probably are some folks who are intimidated.

But

Lazuli and others are 100% correct that you can always join one of the LH raid trains.

Someone above said they’ll act like you aren’t there. There’s truth to that if you simply say “I’m new”. But if you say, “hey I’ve never done this one, and I’d like to understand how it works. So, any explanations would be appreciated.” THEN, you’re likely to get some great details on mechanics.

The truth is that most raid train folks are looking for completions/runes/threads. To some extent, the process is mechanical/rote. BUT, if they know a new person is in the group AND wants detail, they are likely to enjoy explaining it. To be honest, sometimes it’s more FUN to see a raid through a new person’s eyes. It’s kinda like it’s more fun to go to Disney with kids. Seeing them see things for the first time refreshes the experience.

So, for the newbie too afraid to speak up, I’m encouraging you to ask for detail. The leader or vets are likely to be HAPPY someone is that interested in the particulars.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
If someone wants to set up a flower sniff raid time, that’s fine. There probably are some folks who are intimidated.

But

Lazuli and others are 100% correct that you can always join one of the LH raid trains.

Someone above said they’ll act like you aren’t there. There’s truth to that if you simply say “I’m new”. But if you say, “hey I’ve never done this one, and I’d like to understand how it works. So, any explanations would be appreciated.” THEN, you’re likely to get some great details on mechanics.

The truth is that most raid train folks are looking for completions/runes/threads. To some extent, the process is mechanical/rote. BUT, if they know a new person is in the group AND wants detail, they are likely to enjoy explaining it. To be honest, sometimes it’s more FUN to see a raid through a new person’s eyes. It’s kinda like it’s more fun to go to Disney with kids. Seeing them see things for the first time refreshes the experience.

So, for the newbie too afraid to speak up, I’m encouraging you to ask for detail. The leader or vets are likely to be HAPPY someone is that interested in the particulars.

OK.

Your experience may vary.

From my experience however noone is willing to turn a "LH raid train" into some 5 hour teaching raid. Everyone just wants the loot and tokens and leave. And yes, I've stated ,"can we do a tutorial of this raid" and been promptly shut-down or actually one time KICKED right then and there.

Again, it varies by different servers, time periods, toxicity levels of some raiding guilds etc. Hence, to rach their own.

Lazuli

OK.

From my experience however noone is willing to turn a "LH raid train" into some 5 hour teaching raid. Everyone just wants the loot and tokens and leave. And yes, I've stated ,"can we do a tutorial of this raid" and been promptly shut-down or actually one time KICKED right then and there.

Again, it varies by different servers, time periods, toxicity levels of some raiding guilds etc. Hence, to rach their own.
What you say proves that you have never done a train raid, much less asked for guidance on a raid. It doesn't take that much time to explain the mechanics of a raid, and there's plenty of time waiting for the group to complete.

You are not credible, I'm sorry.

Graceana

Stealer of Souls
i wouldnt group with tco - all they do is patiently explain what to do over and over until you get it and pass you loot they think might help your char, all without getting mad.

they are wrecking khybers reputation for drama and sir, i for one, will not have it!

Right? Stay away, man. We might even volunteer to drag you for rxp runs if you get along with us. Jerks.

For even more options.... I believe Homeboys on Khyber run raids every Thursday and Sunday? Maybe some Saturday as well. I know they run raids at a different time than we do. Baatezu run raids more mid-day EST. Raven Nation may or may not have spots, but their leaders (Zilgabex and Alloreck) are very skilled at breaking a raid down.

Here is a link to the Jungles of Khyber discord server- where the leaders of each of these guilds is an admin and are easily accessible: https://discord.gg/2V5WYnPYW9

It's also an easy place to post your raids if you decide to host yourself and are having trouble filling a party.

If you can get Astrican in your raid party, others will join. Solid name to group/raid with on the Khyber server. One of the OGs and top tier player all around.

I've always been an Astrican fan!

Graceana

Stealer of Souls
OK.

Who on earth takes 5 hours to explain a single raid? That only happens if you aren't listening, and will likely be what contributes to people not wanting to teach you.

CBDunk

Five hours? No, not even five minutes.

My group hosts raids on Khyber every few days, and it isn't uncommon to get one or two people who don't know the raid. For the most part we just explain the highlights in a message to the party channel like;

Phase 1: Find and activate the hidden runes. Phase 2: Follow the group to kill the Kopru. Phase 3: Follow the group to beat down skeletons in the corners. Be on platforms when the T-rex roars. Do NOT kill the Ghost Flame! Feel free to help with jumps if you can. Myrlinia will tank. I'll do the sayings. Kill the big hand at the end. Block if there is a hand over your head.

It is pretty rare for people to want to know more than that general 'what do >I< need to do' info, but when they do we fill in the details or other people in the group chime in.