TEACHING RAID NIGHT : SIGN- UP NOW !

Jummby

OK.

Your experience may vary.

From my experience however noone is willing to turn a "LH raid train" into some 5 hour teaching raid. Everyone just wants the loot and tokens and leave. And yes, I've stated ,"can we do a tutorial of this raid" and been promptly shut-down or actually one time KICKED right then and there.

Again, it varies by different servers, time periods, toxicity levels of some raiding guilds etc. Hence, to rach their own.
Didn't you just have a post about why you didn't buy IOD and the Morgrave packs? There are 2 raids you can't do either way no?

eartheyes

i play on khyber
seems like there is often new people on khyber that want top start hosting raids, which in theory is awesome...
but its often, in my experience people that dont really know what they are doing and have trouble actively building well balaned pugs with the member needed for a smooth raiding experience?!?
again, i think its awesome that new people want to raid and are willing to be proactive, but if feels like if you frustrate the small player base on a certain server, you will fall out of favor fast, and have a hard time getting your raid train out of the station...

ive definitely crashed and burned before when i was desperate for a schism, or a certain item...

Griglok (Karatemack)

Leader- The Casual Obsession (Khyber)
DDO Audit places Khyber at somewhere around 7,862 ACTIVE characters. You only need 11 other people. Less than 2/10ths of 1% of Khyber's active characters. Argo and Orien have about double that, but Khyber is far from dead. People are there if you take the time to make some connections. :)

Jummby

DDO Audit places Khyber at somewhere around 7,862 ACTIVE characters. You only need 11 other people. Less than 2/10ths of 1% of Khyber's active characters. Argo and Orien have about double that, but Khyber is far from dead. People are there if you take the time to make some connections. :)
Yup and people here do raids on higher difficulties. The guild I am in raids 3 times per week. I have so many BTC raid items I have no place to put them in my inventory. 10000+ of most runes and more threads than I know what to do with.

Ozz

Interesting. 1) Who is Astrican as I have never seen him arround (JOKE) . 2) As mentioned in other posts Homeboys Raid twice a week and Jummby raids 3 times a week. My time being in the UK does not allow me to do raids in Central time as I am pushing up zzzzz's then but I do know a lot of other guilds run raids outside of my time frame.
PS. Astri you know how much I used to love you in our R'10

Indyanna

OK.

Your experience may vary.

From my experience however noone is willing to turn a "LH raid train" into some 5 hour teaching raid. Everyone just wants the loot and tokens and leave. And yes, I've stated ,"can we do a tutorial of this raid" and been promptly shut-down or actually one time KICKED right then and there.

Again, it varies by different servers, time periods, toxicity levels of some raiding guilds etc. Hence, to rach their own.
I disagree totally andit also shouldn't take 5 hours to teach... LH are basically just smash through raids so everyone I know that runs them (including myself) will always explain them to anyone new.

We WANT people to know, then they can help in future raids and it gives them confidence to want to keep playing.

We run LH raid runs minimum twice weekly and have started putting them up for PUG when there are spots. I mean I legit took a player through their first ever Shroud, Dryad and another through their first VoN a couple of weeks ago.. cuz they spoke up and said they hadn't ever run them.

ETA: What we won't do is drag them through anything higher than that, it's not fair on them

Br4d

Active characters always makes me wonder what the real numbers are behind that metric.

I have 14 characters on my main server and each one of them gets logged in briefly at least once a month. Sometimes more often.

Then you have the players with multiple accounts who log in alt accounts for various purposes.

When I see 7,862 active characters I think we're likely talking somewhere between 750 and 1250 active players and that might be stretching it a bit.

Graceana

Stealer of Souls
You're one of those fast talkers.
Bro was really up here demanding lengthy philosophical discussions about NPC motivations during a raid.

"I mean, is Lady Vol really evil if it comes from childhood trauma? Maybe we need a different weapon bypass. Prove to me I'm wrong, but only if you're not a melee."

Jummby

You're one of those fast talkers.
Maybe it one of those 5 hour time share sales pitches? There are breaks for lunches and presentations about time shares for sale and you only get the completion for the raid if you sit through all of the 5 hours.