Orien is lagging very bad now

Rensai

Just got dropped zoning, now every time I login in it gets stuck saying searching for login server. Makes 20 attempts then fails and closes the game.

raesene

Just played 3 quests on Orien, while the bank on our guild ship was totally unusuable (massive lag then loads of windows popping up minutes later when you're in other areas) the adventures themselves ran ok (perhaps due to fewer people being on the server due to the lag :p )

Salmiak

Can confirm the lag is horrible right now. Tried playing death house, everything had several seconds delay. Epic strike cooldown kept reseting and the ability wouldn't go off - had to smack the button several times before it got cast. Heals had about 8 seconds delay. Horrendous rubberbanding. Even death messages had a considerable delay and releasing took a long while. A friend in my party had the same issue so it's not a problem with my wi-fi, it's the servers.
The game is unplayable right now. SSG really needs to do something. Restart the server or fix the hamster ASAP.

Yutang75

Just struggled through the first two ravenloft quests on Thelanis and gave up due to the lag. Almost died at the end of each quest due to just freezing for 10+ seconds at a time and then rubber banding all over.

songswrath

sounds like the fix for the store had a halo effect. the odd thing about this is I need some sentient tools, but interacting with bank & items seems to be buggy. I already lost a rune arm to failed bank...it's not in the original mules bank, not in the shared bank, and not in the vendor Buy Back option. seems to be gone. :(
I lost a stack of 20 when I pulled them from crafting bank to bag last night. I sure my ticket will be reviewed in a week when I no longer need them ....

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
I was unable to login yesterday and stopped trying because there was no reaction from SSG.
This morning logging in helped but I didn't test actual play.

Cheers,
Titus

Salmiak

It seemed a little better today. Played two quests and had little to no lag. I'm not sure if the problem got fixed or if it's because of lower population though.

HoopleHead

no idea why, but I could NOT go below decks on my ship using ONE door, but could on the other...

I TRed Sunday morning, and it took me 2 hours to empty my TR cache.. then after I started my new life it took another 45 minutes to pull my lvl1 gear .. sheesh!

Bowserkoopa

King of the Koopa's
Oh wait I know how any thread on Orien concerning lag is supposed to go. *clears throat* You Orien people deserve all the lag you get! You occasionally have like 700 people online with your "Megaserver" don't you know that in 2024 MMO's can't handle 700 people online at all! Shame on your for megaserver!

At least this is what I get told every time I mention lag on Orien.

Last edited:

Solarpower

You Orien people deserve all the lag you get!
The wise Gatekeepers have warned House Orien members countless of times not to use their Dragonmark power to travel to other dimensions and especially not to bring other dimentions' beings back with them.
Behold the concequences of some House Orien members ignorance...
😁

Onyxia2016

Orien hasn't had 700 players on in many, many years. In 2023 the most was 462 and so far this year it's been hovering around 300.
I suspect the devs piled one to many changes/re-calculations on top of the original code base that it finally blew up.