I need a guideline fo spell DCs

lppmor

Do you guys have some guideline to how much spell DC I need in different levels/difficulties?

Such as:
- Epic (lvl 26-29) HARD =
- Epic (lvl 26-29) ELITE =
- Legedary (lvl 30+) HARD =
- Legedary (lvl 30+) ELITE =

I believe dungeon scalling also affects DCs right, so let's stay here for SOLO content.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Do you guys have some guideline to how much spell DC I need in different levels/difficulties?

Such as:

I believe dungeon scalling also affects DCs right, so let's stay here for SOLO content.
What sort of spells are you mainly casting? The DCs you need vary quite a bit depending on whether your opponents are making Fortitude, Reflex or Will saves.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
That chart is useful for DPS spells, but I was more thinking along the lines of whether the OP was casting elemental damage spells (which need a Reflex save), Acid spells and/or death spells (Fortitude save), or charm / crowd control spells (Will save).

The DCs you need are pretty heavily dependent on which of those saves you need your opponents to fail, especially with Fortitude saves since everything in Legendary content has a high base Constitution.

Livmo

That chart is useful for DPS spells, but I was more thinking along the lines of whether the OP was casting elemental damage spells (which need a Reflex save), Acid spells and/or death spells (Fortitude save), or charm / crowd control spells (Will save).

The DCs you need are pretty heavily dependent on which of those saves you need your opponents to fail, especially with Fortitude saves since everything in Legendary content has a high base Constitution.

Also click on the links to the far left of each row and you'll get more details, i.e. https://ddowiki.com/page/Crimson_Foot_Spider_sub-race

Combat​

By the nature of not being vermins, they are susceptible to Enchantment spells, like Charm, Command, Hold Monster and Dancing Spheres.​
~

Also want to buff certain spells schools. Yes FoD is Fort, but necormancy, https://ddowiki.com/page/Finger_of_Death

Description​

You can slay any one living creature within range. The target is entitled to a Fortitude saving throw to survive the attack. If the save is successful, the creature instead takes 7-12 negative energy damage per caster level (Maximum caster level 25 or 50d3+150) damage.​

Finger of Death, Destruction, Wail, Slay Living etc. you do want to build for necro dcs.

If you wanted a base line for necro DCs IMO you want to get into the 50s or more. For example I found a toon with Destruction and Slay Living:

For Finger of Death I run in the 60s+, but have past lives etc. The cleric above only has 1 or 2 past lives at best.

Gear can get your DCs up as well.

~

My bad you also want to take feats like Necromancy 1 and 2 and I recommend Spell Peneration feats as well per shots above, https://ddowiki.com/page/Spell_penetration.

And gear buffs:

Last edited:

Livmo

Such as:

• - Epic (lvl 26-29) HARD = 50+
    - Epic (lvl 26-29) ELITE = 50 - 60 ish
    - Legedary (lvl 30+) HARD = 60+
    - Legedary (lvl 30+) ELITE = As high as you can get :D
Those work for me based on my play style and gear choices for the FvS, Sorc, Wiz and Cleric.

I run mostly crafted gear these days and invest in the spell sticks:

PraetorPlato

Such as:

(Upper) Epic Elite: ~60 on a nuker, ~70 on a DC caster

Legendary Elite: 105 on a nuker, 120 on a DC caster

lppmor

(Upper) Epic Elite: ~60 on a nuker, ~70 on a DC caster

Legendary Elite: 105 on a nuker, 120 on a DC caster
- Epic (lvl 26-29) HARD = 50+
- Epic (lvl 26-29) ELITE = 50 - 60 ish
- Legedary (lvl 30+) HARD = 60+
- Legedary (lvl 30+) ELITE = As high as you can get :D

Wow. So looks like Legendary Elite is what eveything goes crazy, right ?

Epic Elite and even Legendary Hard I can manage no problem on my character with crafted gear, but I'll have to get a lot of new items to be able to reach 100+ DCs.

Is Legandry Elite it designed for past life toons actually? Where can I find enough gear to beat 100+ (seems cannith crafted gear won't be enough) ?

lppmor

If you don't have 110+ DCs in legendary content, then keep stacking filigree, gear, past lives and enhancements until you do.
Nice. And by gear you mean pretty much BtA end chest reward gear, right? Or can random/crafted gear do it?

l_remmie

You can cannith craft any
+14/+6 stat and +6/+3 DC
You can buy/collect a festive +2 stat augment.
you can buy a +2DC (enhancement bonus, it stacks) augment in Gianthold or from the store
IoD has +6DC augments, they don't stack with gear but will make crafting easier.

I strongly suggest using another toon and/or party to collect the basics for a caster first.

+3 quality stat
A caster set with artifact DC
Profane DC 2
Quality DC 2

Any artifact with some sentient slots (many have that quality DC+2)
A sentient weapon with some sentient slots.
Filigrees themselves you can get for free from almost anybody, nonrare ones have very little value.

With a decent build you should get 90+ DC. That is enough to contribute and don't feel like every mob saves every time on EE/r1. From there you can get better gear, past lives and more sentience slots.

PaleFox

Damage spell types are found mostly in evocation and most are save against reflex.
Other damage spells are based on conjuration and need a Save against fortitude.
Then there are instand dead effects, including but not limited to banishment which eventually need a Save against will.

Ying

5000+ hours played
With a decent build you should get 90+ DC. That is enough to contribute and don't feel like every mob saves every time on EE/r1. From there you can get better gear, past lives and more sentience slots.
90 DC will make your tear your hair out because mobs will be saving frequently. I got to 102 DC on a first life alchemist with a +5 INT tome, no raid filigree and a 60k sentient gem.

lppmor

Do you guys know why they decided to go Legendary Elite with 30+ dc above Legendary Hard?

I mean, of course Elite is supposed to be harder, but 30 points?? This simply makes it unplayable to new players. I would understand Reaper going this high, but Elite ?

Ying

5000+ hours played
Do you guys know why they decided to go Legendary Elite with 30+ dc above Legendary Hard?

I mean, of course Elite is supposed to be harder, but 30 points?? This simply makes it unplayable to new players. I would understand Reaper going this high, but Elite ?
Completing Legendary Elite content requires adequate gearing. Expecting to use your Borderlands ML21 gear to clear Vecna Unleashed on elite is not reasonable. Is there a chicken and egg problem here? Yeah, a little. You'll need to do some easier (earlier) Legendary content for gear before you can tackle the more difficult Legendary content. If you're a new solo player, it's going to take you a long time. Guilds and friends can help accelerate your acquisition by carrying you through content, and having additional hands in chest to pass you gear.

Livmo

If you don't have 110+ DCs in legendary content, then keep stacking filigree, gear, past lives and enhancements until you do.
This is what I do. Get the DCs as high as you can then buff with gear and take advantage of all DC debuffs you can dump on the baddies.

My spell sticks are Sentient on my main caster. I've boosted my DCs with the Lunar set and spell crits for elemental damage with Dragonsoul set on my main stick. I have Otto on my off hand stick for +2 more DC.

Last edited:

Livmo

Wow. So looks like Legendary Elite is what eveything goes crazy, right ?

Epic Elite and even Legendary Hard I can manage no problem on my character with crafted gear, but I'll have to get a lot of new items to be able to reach 100+ DCs.

Is Legandry Elite it designed for past life toons actually? Where can I find enough gear to beat 100+ (seems cannith crafted gear won't be enough) ?

Yep!

I'm trying to get this set and still don't have the orb, yet, https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Legendary_The_Binding_of_the_Blood

+6 to Necro DCs and +3 Profane to all spell DCs with the set. And +3 to all Ability scores :D