I need a guideline fo spell DCs

Toblakai

This is what I do. Get the DCs as high as you can then buff with gear and take advantage of all DC debuffs you can dump on the baddies.

My spell sticks are Sentient on my main caster. I've boosted my DCs with the Lunar set and spell crits for elemental damage with Dragonsoul set on my main stick. I have Otto on my off hand stick for +2 more DC.
How are you wielding a sentient weapon in your offhand?

Vox

LeWmwnu.jpeg

You don't need high DC's for LE vs will saves, but as always YMMV.

Lazuli

Nice to know.
I'm playing now a Deep Gnome with Color Spray and PK, so this is good news. 68 is VERY achievable as a first lifer.
It depends on the mob. Some have high will, low fort. Although in general there are more with high fort, probably because they have sky-high con.

vryxnr

Enemies of different types have different strong and weak saves. Some have low will saves, some have low fort saves, some have low reflex saves. The goal for many is to get the DCs of their favorite spell up to always work even vs enemies with strong saves of that type, but if you are able you can have more than one CC spell, one for each target save. Web for reflex, mass hold for will, soundburst for fort, as an example. Then you can cast the appropriate spell to lock down your enemies and be able to do so with a wee bit more success... at least until you are able to get your DCs to 110+

(I was in a few R10 runs recently with only 100-105 on my DCs but was able to efficiently CC non-bosses just fine by targeting weak saves. Though this was in Cerulean hills, ravenloft, and saltmarsh)

edit: some champions were harder to lock down than others. sometimes one was able to break free and made for some intense moments.

Last edited:

Livmo

How are you wielding a sentient weapon in your offhand?
How do you have filigrees on your off-hand weapon?

My bad off weapon. I'm not melee and using and orb atm . I need to get about 200 more Twists of Fate and the other doodad from Master Artificer for moar slots. Then I'll re-arrange the philigrees after Otto's. I failed at making 1 screen shot and had to make 2 (how do I make the silly sentient weapons all display in 1 grab? ) :

Seems the way to go is to farm this kind of gear on Legendary Hard, and only then try Elite.

I will keep trying, but I feel this orb only exists on the DDO Wiki https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Legendary_The_Binding_of_the_Blood : ) )

Livmo

LeWmwnu.jpeg

You don't need high DC's for LE vs will saves, but as always YMMV.
Great screen shot!

Thanks!

I checked my main Malocchio and at Level 23 I'm dropping baddies like flies with 45 Fortitude when I FoD. I Wail at 47 :D

EDIT ~ I listen to this when I steamroll the dungeons on M and vacum everything clean,
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2024 Cheers [_]P !

Last edited:

Vox

Fort needs a lot more. Will is generally the easiest to get, reflex can be like fort for some mobs.

Zuldar

In general I try to aim for 120 minimum by endgame, though up to 130 is better for a DC caster or 140 if I go deep gnome and illusionist focused.