28 hrs of 50% pot

Lyrin

Eberron Scholar
My fiance started playing DDO, and in the time we've been together (almost a year) I've paid for both our subscriptions, all expansions for her, and numerous $200 point bundles, usually when they were on double bonus points. I've easily spent over $1k in that time. A lot of those points have been spent on xp pots and Astral shards for rerolling chests. She's bought +8 universal, Greater heroic and greater Epic tomes of learning for 3 characters.

Yes, we're constantly running 50 pots while leveling. Yes, if we're after loot, we're rerolling.

I doubt the money I spend is enough to be considered a true whale. I don't buy Otto's boxes. I'm not rich, I just have a decent income. I choose to spend money on DDO because, as flawed as it is, I love this game and want to see it continue to thrive for many more years. Love won't keep the lights on. Money will.

I don't expect people to spend the kind of money I do. This game needs not just money, but a player base. Suspicion and paranoia don't help the player base.

Br4d

1d01ae4f2c1fa2307f98ad1b569355e2.jpg

Those are 30% pots btw. Major slayer boosters & Greater Treasure Hunter elixirs. Just because people have high amounts of pots ticking down doesn't mean we don't have purchase receipts.

A year of gold rolls gave some people very large stockpiles of various consumables. I did the rolls on all of the servers including HC and had some real stockpiles after that.

I still believe that daily gold rolls for VIP's is a smart plan. Yes, it cuts into store sales but it does so in a way that solidifies the VIP baseline, which should be the one thing SSG can count on for cash flow over time.

I buy XP pots never except in Otto's Boxes and Traveller's Trunks on sale. So giving me a daily gold roll does not cut into store profits at all and it does keep me VIP when I might otherwise choose not to renew.

Drunken.dx

I choose to spend money on DDO because, as flawed as it is, I love this game and want to see it continue to thrive for many more years. Love won't keep the lights on. Money will.
main reason I still spend money on this game, although sometimes I want to ask decision makers at SSG "***!?"

Falkor

Xp pot duping has been a thing for ages. It still goes on. Anytime I see someone running with thirty hours or so of xp pots always makes me wonder. As I do with certain people and guilds. I always assume they are duping and cheating bc they and their guilds have been busted for it so many times that itd be stupid to believe they stop. But, not everyone is a duper so while the thought crosses my mind, so what.

And honestly, if SSG can't be bothered to repair their own buggy system, why should I care? Or pay to support it? or report exploiters?

And even if they are, really ... who cares? I have a low opinion of cheaters. yet in this game, cheaters end up with stronger characters that benefit them and the groups they are in. It's not the same type of cheating where other players really LOSE out on anything. If you don't want to play with a super powerful exploit character, then drop group. Simple.

If anything, the dupers take money from SSG and the on-going lack of addressing this is really farcical.

SSG cries about having no money and being fiscally responsible, and does nothing to stop losses from duping. Nor do they offer much in the way of marketing and on-boarding new players. What a joke. VIP loses gold dice rolls, while dupers still make stacks of XP pots, shards and more.

They ... do nothing about dupers ... and take away benefits from the people who actually support the game. Make that make sense.

And ddo, to keep the lights on, should make better business decisions. Treat its customers with respect. Fix their store. Conduct actual marketing. Fix new player retention and onboarding. Fix VIP. FIX THE EFFIN LAG.

So many ways to be fiscally responsible, and they aren't and they do not care about the customers. This is not theory, its a repeatedly proveable fact spanning over a decade. This is just how SSG runs things. And as we have been told so many times, take it or leave it.

Its not a charity. I will never support ddo financially just to keep the lights on.

I dont even enjoy playing it with it being free. The devs have destroyed the fun and joy I have had in this game with unreasonable nerfs and their disregard for the players. And their decisions have driven away most of my in game friends.

Logging in is a massive lag fest coupled with incessant load screen disconnects, barely usable inventory, and the on-going knowledge that should anything happen to my character, I won't get support. Ellisaria's husband and their experiences, along with many others, is a clear illustration of SSGs contempt for the players.

Anytime I TR, I feel as if I am playing russian roulette and am permanently risking the chance of losing my character and effort.

If this game closes, oh well. Thats entirely on SSG, their management and their substandard decision making process. It isn't on us, the customer. SSG's on-going attempts to scapegoat the playerbase for managements decisions doesn't change the facts that they are making bad decisions.

Its not up to us to support their poor decisions. And more and more us refuse to support their management style and are unsubbing and refusing to pay for anything.

I feel bad for people who contribute to 'keep the lights on.'

I respect the sentiment, but SSG doesn't respect you.

If your character got destroyed just like Elli's husbands did ... you'd be in the same boat. Wake up. Kobolds love us more than SSG does.

Last edited:

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
Just checked my shared bank. I could easily have over 500 hours of 30% xp boost running. From daily dice rolls.

Be really funny if that person you saw at 32 with 20+ hours of 50% boost for over a year was that players crafter who hadn't stepped into an adventure in, well, over a year...

Exploiting is not the only explanation for something like that.

Br4d

I would never stack up pots because of the fact that you lose seconds off of your pots every time you login to the game before whatever background process determines that you are in a public zone where the pots should not be ticking. It's just a few seconds in most public zones but when you login on the airship you can easily lose 10-15 seconds before everything stabilizes.

jotmon

I was unsure if this was a possible bug on char examine sheet. Have noticed the same player with 20+ Hours of a 50% pot for months now. Most of the times they are capped at level 32. Is this a bug or is the person just a big spender?
Pretty common

I generally have 20-24 hours of pots in the tank and rarely let it go below 12 hours.
Usually buy 10 pack of xp pots (or more) when on sale, and store in share bank.
instead of wasting inventory space drinking one at a time and risk pots running out grinding reaper xp.

woq

Some people who look like cheaters may simply have a poor grip on spending or consider it a minor expense next to their skydiving hobbies and buying classic cars.

Other people who look 100% clean may have been duping masterminds.

The example provided in the op is far from egregious tbh as provided by others in the thread. A lot of people play supremely effectively and it doesn't matter if they have an 50% pot running because they charge through heroics like they were in a formula race, then group up with their friends for r10s only, and instantly reinc when they're done with first time bonuses. There's no downside to having a 50% pot up running fulltime for players who play like that. I could never play like that personally, but there are plenty who do.

If you legitimately think there's something worth reporting, then do so via the appropriate routes. But honestly... There's more interesting things to gawk at in life than peoples' buff bars in DDO.

SpartanKiller13

The real crime here is people that check out and care about other peoples bios. Relax, play, etc.

I have never once looked at what people were running , on occasion I glance at a bio to see if they have a funny thing written.
I examine peeps to figure out their builds, and sometimes they have funny bios or a hundred hours of pots or w/e running but that's just funny to me.
Inventory management is atrocious in DDO. I don't find it surprising that people just use all their XP/Treasure Hunter/Slayer pots at once so they don't further impact their limited inventory space.
I definitely saved Treasure Hunter pots for years for some unforeseen future and then got tired of them wasting a spot and chugged like 200 hours of them.

I recently stacked over 100 SP pots as well, just from chests & daily dice. Did I dupe those? No, I just never use them lol.

Stuff like Slayer pots only tics in slayer areas too so especially for the lower ones I just chug immediately

------

The OP seems pretty wild to me here lol. This game's a lot cheaper than going out to the bar weekly, which I did for a few years; if I instead put my bar tab into DDO I'd also be running 50% pots constantly etc, and I'd probably still be backlogged since then. Why not?

Col Kurtz

I would never stack up pots because of the fact that you lose seconds off of your pots every time you login to the game before whatever background process determines that you are in a public zone where the pots should not be ticking. It's just a few seconds in most public zones but when you login on the airship you can easily lose 10-15 seconds before everything stabilizes.
yup. + sometimes I'll wait patiently for players in a dungeon when they join and we're at a finish, of if someone DC's >most groups I run with would wait.

Orchidblossomwasgutted

1) Not only me, been pointed out to me by several people, and have noticed this for over a year at this point.
2) I don't run them at cap and stay at cap, have yet to see this toon below 32.
3) As aforementioned, the guild they're in were infamous for uh, what you know I'm referring to that you "have no information about".

Sad this is the case, but what else can we expect. I just wish the Dev's would crack down on it, sort of like the multiple curses on items.
Why would the Devs crack down on someone spending money, makes no sense

Nickodeamous

You know the funny thing about posts like this is that there is some degree of paranoia out there in world. For instance, I offered to pass some of my tokens of the twelve to somebody at the end of Von 3 and told them I have a few hundred saved up. They immediately asked me if they were duped, to which I answered no, I have been running back to back iconics for a while on my alt while my main stays at cap and have been stocking up. I didn't get upset, but I was like, "huh, is this what people spend their time on thinking about?" I've seen people do what Ying mentioned about just chugging all the pots they buy to free up inventory space. Its a real thing.

folks need to relax...28 hours is NOTHING for a pot timer. I just bought Ten 50 pots on sale today. That's 60 hours if I drank it all at once. I for one do not drink them all at once, as I like to strategically drink them when collecting sagas, hitting 7500 slayers...you get it.

This is my entertainment and its relatively cheap tbh. Just today, my fam and I went out to lunch and it was $75. I suppose I should show the receipt? lol

Its a game. people legit pay real $$$ to enjoy it the way they want to. Just have fun.

Scrag

Just today, my fam and I went out to lunch and it was $75.
Burger king can run up to $40 for a kid and 1.5 adults, easily. One sandwich (add maybe cheese or jalapenos) can run you up to 12 bucks! Combos are cheaper but not much, and if you want that cheese? You are still over 12 bucks! Three such combos... $36 before tax! On the super cheap!

Gratification there lasts... 10 minutes? I eat a sandwich in ~2-3 minutes, soooooo, 3 minutes?

Livmo

I was unsure if this was a possible bug on char examine sheet. Have noticed the same player with 20+ Hours of a 50% pot for months now. Most of the times they are capped at level 32. Is this a bug or is the person just a big spender?
I'm not Rich, Bill, Ted or Steve, but look out! Make way guppies for the whale is sailing on through!