New tumble charge indicator

drjoans

kinda-known member
So I will say I'm glad we can actually see the charges refilling now which is nice and I'm glad they did something about that.

The design for the charge indicator though feels... lacking. Like it looks like the bare minimum design effort was put in. Whereas before the goofy little intricate green squigglies actually had flavor. My guildie was just saying he wishes the indicator at least could be turned sideways like our hotbars and not just have an on/off option.

droid327

Yeah I wish it could be rotated and flipped left/right. If you only have 2 charges you dont need the full bar, you could tuck it away off the side of the screen with the extra past the left edge if you could flip it so the pips were on the right.

I'm assuming having the bar dynamically scale to your max charges would be too much coding

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I still want a timer countdown in that box the way I can turn on spell cooldown timers for when the next pip will recharge. But other than that, it's nice enough and covers my needs.

DDO Gaming

What the devs SHOULD have done is implement the same format for other "x charges" features that a gamer can subsequently add to their shortcutbar etc etc

However that was way too much work so they provided this "battery charged percent" cheap alternative instead

droid327

What the devs SHOULD have done is implement the same format for other "x charges" features that a gamer can subsequently add to their shortcutbar etc etc

However that was way too much work so they provided this "battery charged percent" cheap alternative instead

Yeah you're right, it would've been less intrusive if you could simply drag the Tumble icon from your skill sheet to one of your hotbar boxes, and have it display your charges there, if you wanted to see it

droid327

Or they could simply remove the charges and let us have fun. :D

I hope the devs realize that this is not something that will just go away after a couple updates. People do not like the current Tumble implementation, and they're not going to be satisfied going back to the old status quo after tasting that increased movement speed. We're going to keep bringing it up again and again until we get some actual resolution.

Kessaran

I hope the devs realize that this is not something that will just go away after a couple updates. People do not like the current Tumble implementation, and they're not going to be satisfied going back to the old status quo after tasting that increased movement speed. We're going to keep bringing it up again and again until we get some actual resolution.
To be fair, there definitely are people who prefer the current implementation more than the old. But I miss Roly-Polying my way through quests! it wasn't only about the increased speed, it was about feeling like a boss bug. Why they gotta take my roleplaying away?

Kessaran

If they are going to keep nerfing builds into harmless insects, at least let us play the part.

Scrag

I liked the previous indicator. I understand this one is better for some people, but I definitely liked the old one better.

drjoans

kinda-known member
I liked the styling of the old indicator, the fourth charge placement looked kinda goofy but not being able to see recharging was kinda bothersome. and yes I miss the old tumble all over as well. There are some people that love the new system, usually tankers that like dark souls.

Elfishski

Would agree the new UI element isn't attractive or in the style of anything else in the UI - a transparent background would help, and instead of plain circles, icons that called-to-mind tumbling (like the tumble skill icon or something swirly) while aesthetically being subtle in keeping with the game would be a big improvement. (kudos on that front to the update to the overhead spot icons after the awful bright red and yellow first cartoony implementation to the very nice current ones, so I have hope!)

A counter on the tumble skill that could be dragged to a hotbar not a bad suggestion either.

Zavina

Ms Stabby Stabby
How about an addition into Options that allow us to turn that indicator off. Bit like the chat content filter, ie once off it remains gone?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
How about an addition into Options that allow us to turn that indicator off. Bit like the chat content filter, ie once off it remains gone?
Good news...
xeog4Pg.jpeg

Zavina

Ms Stabby Stabby
Awesome (though I was positive I looked earlier buuut I did have a migraine, so probably mistyped it)...

Will turn that off and consign it forever to the darkness from whence it came.

drjoans

kinda-known member
Awesome (though I was positive I looked earlier buuut I did have a migraine, so probably mistyped it)...

Will turn that off and consign it forever to the darkness from whence it came.
the heart laugh at the irony of this right now zavina

:ROFLMAO: