New tumble charge indicator

Fallout47

So I will say I'm glad we can actually see the charges refilling now which is nice and I'm glad they did something about that.

The design for the charge indicator though feels... lacking. Like it looks like the bare minimum design effort was put in. Whereas before the goofy little intricate green squigglies actually had flavor. My guildie was just saying he wishes the indicator at least could be turned sideways like our hotbars and not just have an on/off option.
My first thought when I saw the update notes on this change, was, that is a lot of effort to invest in their newest change to tumble, that means it's likely set in stone. What I am curious about is, why the change in the first place, when so much of this game needs fixing? How did the old tumble touch them in the wrong place? This really appears to be a solution to a non-problem and yet another SSG move to piss off as many of their customers as possible.

Kessaran

My first thought when I saw the update notes on this change, was, that is a lot of effort to invest in their newest change to tumble, that means it's likely set in stone. What I am curious about is, why the change in the first place, when so much of this game needs fixing? How did the old tumble touch them in the wrong place? This really appears to be a solution to a non-problem and yet another SSG move to piss off as many of their customers as possible.
They didn't like how it looked for people to roll around, nor did they like how quickly people were rolling through the quests. Their idea of fixing it was to limit it and make it a "combat defensive" utility. It's a 1 sec buff, after accounting for server lag it doesn't actually do anything in combat though. The list of bugs in this game continued to grow but thank god they took our fidget tool out of the game to implement another completely useless "utility" tool that nobody wanted. I would literally pay money for them to spend a month just focusing on bugs. I'd buy $1,000 in DDO points the moment an update launches that actually fixes something and doesn't break 10x more things.

Fallout47

They didn't like how it looked for people to roll around, nor did they like how quickly people were rolling through the quests. Their idea of fixing it was to limit it and make it a "combat defensive" utility. It's a 1 sec buff, after accounting for server lag it doesn't actually do anything in combat though. The list of bugs in this game continued to grow but thank god they took our fidget tool out of the game to implement another completely useless "utility" tool that nobody wanted. I would literally pay money for them to spend a month just focusing on bugs. I'd buy $1,000 in DDO points the moment an update launches that actually fixes something and doesn't break 10x more things.
As I understand it, this latest change was to supposedly correct the problem you mention, which was one of their own creation. AFAIK people didn't use tumble to power through quests until their first tampering with it. My question was, what about original tumble caught their eye and made them decide to waste limited dev resources to mess with it?

Aeromach

The Best
Good news...
xeog4Pg.jpeg

I'm just glad I only had to view it for about 60 seconds... unchecked.

Reactions: DBZ

Noobcake

It looks like crap, yes. I couldn't come up with a lazier, lamer alternative if you paid me to.

This whole tumble crisis has been a pathetic showing for SauSaGe. They keep digging themselves deeper. It's amusing.

Vua

They had to find some way to annoy the people that didn't scream about the healing aura or dragon breath nerfs.

saekee

long live ROGUE
I didn't know you could uncheck it! I had slid it behind a shortcut bar so that it was not visible.

I almost can't believe the amount of time, drama and dev resources on this topic, but then remind myself that it is DDO.

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

Archaic

This is another reason why I think there must be new devs and the new devs have been given too much free reign.
If a player requested an icon for tumble charges a veteran developer on task would have rigged it the same as other cooldown refresh hot key clickies that you could assign to a hotbar not create more clutter.
It's kind of an alien 👽 👽 looking thingy that seems out of place.
It might be useful for other things but for one...the tumble changes were really a bad idea UNLESS it's a starting point for special moves/attacks later, and if not we don't really need a visual reminder of our lost freedom that really is that constantly noticeable 😀

Last edited:

dur

aka Cybersquirt
I don't need another toolbar to mistakenly drag around or 'strategically place.' 😡 Hate to say it, but I preferred the pips.

CherryBomb

Don't use tumble and don't need a meter bar that stuffs up the UI. Should be default off and those that want to deal with it can select it to be on. I would much rather have a real time clock display of about the same size.

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
Don't use tumble and don't need a non-movable meter bar that stuffs up the UI. Should be default off and those that want to deal with it can select it to be on. I would much rather have a real time clock display of about the same size. And oh, please make it relocatable.
It is relocatable, hover your cursor above the top edge of the bar and you will get the 'move' icon.

If you don't want it at all, it can be turned off in the options, under gameplay if memory serves