OFFICIAL: Character Builder Lite

Yhelm

Just an FYI: Should only cost 1, not 2

Enhancement
AbilityName: Elemental Inferno

Thanks for the report!

I used this opportunity (and some time off at work) to update the Enhancements.txt file, trying to clean up and simplify some of the text to make things easier to read and understand, as well as standardize how things like SP cost and cooldowns appear (similar to the updates I did to Destinies). While pouring over the data, I also discovered a LOT of errors and skills that were either not entered correctly or have changed since they were entered and are now different. So I did my best to clean the whole thing up.

Here are the changes:

Enhancements.txt
  • Fixed Elemental Inferno's cost.
  • Fixed Gnome and Dark Gnome's Color Spray SLAs to be properly listed as GREATER Color Spray.
  • Fixed several skills that were still listed as having a +(W) instead of +% damage (Like Vanguard's Shield Smash and Stunning Shield).
  • Fixed MANY cost and mistaken Rank increases for Shifter and Razerclaw Shifter.
  • Added missing Bombardier Tier 1, 2 and 3 "Spellvial Selection" skills.
  • Added missing multiselector for Falconry T5: Dangerous & Swift.
  • Removed many bug notes for bugs that have long since been fixed.
  • And many, MANY typo fixes.
As always, you can download the file from the link above and replace yours with it. If you spot anything else that's wrong let me know and I will correct it asap.

Thanks, and happy building!

Last edited:

bookmarked

There's a problem with Deity Based Feats for Favored Souls.

The problem started with v4.4 but I'm just now noticing it. For Favored Souls, when you add the 5 Deity Based Feats, save the file, then re-open the same file, it drops the "Child of" feat from L3 and replaces it with the L20 Damage Reduction feat, clears the L6 feat, and the builder shows errors.

The feats in the originally saved file appear to be correct:

Code:
Deity: Deity 1    Follower of: Sovereign Host
Deity: Deity 3    Child of: Sovereign Host
Deity: Deity 6    Deity Ability: Unyielding Sovereignty
Deity: Deity 12    Beloved of: Sovereign Host
Deity: Deity 20    Damage Reduction: Cold Iron

but they're not loading correctly when the file is opened.

Yhelm

There's a problem with Deity Based Feats for Favored Souls.

The problem started with v4.4 but I'm just now noticing it. For Favored Souls, when you add the 5 Deity Based Feats, save the file, then re-open the same file, it drops the "Child of" feat from L3 and replaces it with the L20 Damage Reduction feat, clears the L6 feat, and the builder shows errors.

The feats in the originally saved file appear to be correct:

Code:
Deity: Deity 3    Child of: Sovereign Host
Deity: Deity 12    Beloved of: Sovereign Host
Deity: Deity 20    Damage Reduction: Cold Iron

but they're not loading correctly when the file is opened.
Weird. Let me take a look.

Yhelm

Yeah, this is definitely something on the programming side. As you said, all the data in the saved file is correct until it ports back in. Then it gets scrambled by the builder. This one will have to wait for @ChicagoChris to look at.

I did discover Sacred Fist was missing from the ClassOnlyClass: list of the "Follower of" Feat, so fixed that in the meantime.

Feat.txt

Elfishski

Thanks for the work on maintaining this!

A few updates back the 'selected and available' toggle stopped working in the leveling guide for enhancements (just shows all), if that's something that might be an easy fix (presumably on the programming side)?

bookmarked

A minor issue: There's something off with the levels displayed for Granted Feats. The level 3 Paladin/Sacred Fist feats Aura of Courage, Divine Health, & Fear Immunity show '4' in the Level column but are correct in Feats.txt as level 3. This is on a pure Paladin or Sacred Fist build.
I haven't really dug into it any further, so it may affect more class feats.

Last edited:

Yhelm

A minor issue: There's something off with the levels displayed for Granted Feats. The level 3 Paladin/Sacred Fist feats Aura of Courage, Divine Health, & Fear Immunity show '4' in the Level column but are correct in Feats.txt as level 3. This is on a pure Paladin or Sacred Fist build.
I haven't really dug into it any further, so it may affect more class feats.
Well that's odd. Any chance you can send me a copy of what you are entering so I can recreated it on my end?

bookmarked

Well that's odd. Any chance you can send me a copy of what you are entering so I can recreated it on my end?
Sure, here's the barebones build file for a new paladin (or just enter your own):

Code:
[Overview]

Name: New Build
Race: Human
Alignment: Lawful Good
MaxLevels: 32
MaxLevels: 32

Class: Paladin

[Stats]

Preferred: Adventurer

;    Advn  Chmp  Hero  Lgnd  Tome
;    ----  ----  ----  ----  ----
STR:  10    10    16    16     
DEX:                     2     
CON:   6    10     6     6     
INT:   2     2     2     2     
WIS:                           
CHA:  10    10    10    10     
;    ----  ----  ----  ----
;     28    32    34    36   

Levelup: 0    Strength
Levelup: 4    Strength
Levelup: 8    Strength
Levelup: 12    Strength
Levelup: 16    Strength
Levelup: 20    Strength
Levelup: 24    Strength
Levelup: 28    Strength
Levelup: 32    Strength

[Feats]

[Enhancements]

Tree: Human
Type: Race
ClassLevels: 32

Now take a look at the 3 level 3 granted feats - they appear with '4' in the Level column. Since the Feats.txt file appears to be correct, I'm guessing that @ChicagoChris will need to look at it.

peng

Found a few more sacred fist issues:

In the builder, sacred fist has a free deity feat choice at levels 1 and 6, when it really shouldn't. However, they *should* be able to choose a single 'follower of __' with a regular feat.

The builder won't let you take 'child of __' or 'beloved of __' if you don't take a 'follower of __' feat. Apparently the sacred fist auto-granted 'follower of the path of light' doesn't count.

The builder wants the 'child of __' and 'beloved of __' to be deity specific, when they are now just called 'child of faith' and 'beloved of the divine' in game, and don't actually care which deity you chose.

Edit: also, exalted cleave smite enhancement should have 3 tiers.

also also, light of glory enhancement requires light of hope.

also 3: clicking the deflect arrows enhancement gives a subscript out of range error and shuts down the builder.

also 4: divine strike enhancement should be called divine striker and also give +25% competence hp.

also bonus edition: harper agent 1st core should give +1 hit vs evil, not +5.

Last edited:

bookmarked

Found a few more sacred fist issues:

In the builder, sacred fist has a free deity feat choice at levels 1 and 6, when it really shouldn't. However, they *should* be able to choose a single 'follower of __' with a regular feat.

The builder won't let you take 'child of __' or 'beloved of __' if you don't take a 'follower of __' feat. Apparently the sacred fist auto-granted 'follower of the path of light' doesn't count.

The builder wants the 'child of __' and 'beloved of __' to be deity specific, when they are now just called 'child of faith' and 'beloved of the divine' in game, and don't actually care which deity you chose.

Edit: also, exalted cleave enhancement should have 3 tiers.

also also, light of glory enhancement requires light of hope.

also 3: clicking the deflect arrows enhancement gives a subscript out of range error and shuts down the builder.

also 4: divine strike enhancement should be called divine striker and also give +25% competence hp.

also bonus edition: harper agent 1st core should give +1 hit vs evil, not +5.

I was confused about the deity feats, too.
It turns out that a Sacred Fist can get both the default "Follower of the Path of Light" feats as well as the more traditional deity feats. From the wiki:
Possibility to select a second Deity (along with auto-granted Follower of the Path of Light) when at least 1 Sacred Fist level is taken (can be taken at the character creation screen if you start as Sacred Fist). This is because Sacred Fist is also seen as a Paladin for the purposes of feats and enhancements. The selection for the second Deity depends on the character's race as usual.

Exalted Cleave is an option for KotC:Exalted Attack, which Sacred Fists do not get. Did you mean T3 Exalted Smite? That one is wrong in the builder. The game & wiki say 3 ranks at 2AP per rank, while the builder only has 1 rank at 2AP (even though the description indicates 3 ranks). The KotC T3 Exalted Smite (multiselector) is correct with 3 ranks.

I am seeing the other issues you reported.

I think the Deflect Arrows issue is caused by a problem in the Enhancements.txt file. There are several references to an anti-requisite for "Swashbuckler Tier 0: Deflect Arrows", but the Swashbuckler Deflect Arrows is a T2 enhancement.

bookmarked

After looking at the deity feats some more, I do see what you meant about the fact that there should not be the free deity feat slots for Sacred Fists, but that SFs should be able to select the extra deity feats at L1 & L6 as regular feats. You can work around things by selecting the "Show All" option for Feats and selecting the deity feats as regular feats, though it shows an error for the L1 "Follower of" feat.

On the other hand, Paladins (and therefore Sacred Fists) only get the L1 & L6 deity feats, not the L3 "Child of" & L12 "Beloved of" feats. Only Favored Souls get those 2 (and the L20 DR feat).