Lindal's Mighty Belt - +3 Lay on Hands

mikarddo

Does the +3 Extra Lay on Hands charges on Lindal's Mighty Belt only work for Paladins?

I tried it on my barb tank - 5 charges without the belt and 5 charges with the belt. I logged out and back in - nothing. I entered a quest - nothing.

Is there a trick to getting those extra charges or just it simply not work for a barbarian?

Hireling

Does the +3 Extra Lay on Hands charges on Lindal's Mighty Belt only work for Paladins?

I tried it on my barb tank - 5 charges without the belt and 5 charges with the belt. I logged out and back in - nothing. I entered a quest - nothing.

Is there a trick to getting those extra charges or just it simply not work for a barbarian?
Maybe it's like those bonus rage items thar you have to rest for them to work?

Kyrr

I wouldn't be so much concerned if it wasn't for the barbarian part. A barbarian using lay on hands.. that's.. unheard of..

FuzzyDuck81

I wouldn't be so much concerned if it wasn't for the barbarian part. A barbarian using lay on hands.. that's.. unheard of..
Well they mentioned being a tank, so Unyielding Sentinel destiny :)

In a similar vein, I use a 15-point splash in Divine Crusader on a lot of builds - 3 cores gives some nice benefits plus smite evil, consecration, endless smiting & how dare you strike me, since even on a charisma-dumped character you can just use smite to get some healing while you fight as well as have that auto-consecration at half health.

Kyrr

Well they mentioned being a tank, so Unyielding Sentinel destiny :)

In a similar vein, I use a 15-point splash in Divine Crusader on a lot of builds - 3 cores gives some nice benefits plus smite evil, consecration, endless smiting & how dare you strike me, since even on a charisma-dumped character you can just use smite to get some healing while you fight as well as have that auto-consecration at half health.
I am not used to playing a Fighter or Barbarian tank with Lay on Hands. It is not my favorite particular use of action points.

mikarddo

Having AoE Lay on Hands as a tank is very useful in group play. A few points in US gives 5 charges, add the belt for another 3. So there is very little investment required for a major payout imho.

I often heal the rest of the group more than they heal each other in R10 group play. More so when my tank was pally but still quite a bit now as a barb.

Scrag

Having AoE Lay on Hands as a tank is very useful in group play. A few points in US gives 5 charges, add the belt for another 3. So there is very little investment required for a major payout imho.

I often heal the rest of the group more than they heal each other in R10 group play. More so when my tank was pally but still quite a bit now as a barb.
How do you get aoe lay?

Kyrr

Hey, didn't mean no harm. I don't normally expend extra points because I think 26 in Fury for +4 primal scream and scream heal/damage reduction is more beneficial. It's all about playstyles, was just commenting that I don't think I've seen a barbarian carry Paladin lay on hands. I just thought it ordinary and neat.

mikarddo

Hey, didn't mean no harm. I don't normally expend extra points because I think 26 in Fury for +4 primal scream and scream heal/damage reduction is more beneficial. It's all about playstyles, was just commenting that I don't think I've seen a barbarian carry Paladin lay on hands. I just thought it ordinary and neat.

No harm seen at all. Its always good to see different points of view.

We only run low R raids so I dont need the extra tanking oomph and thus prefer the extra healing ability for R10 groups. I expect I would feel differently if we were running higher R raids.

Kyrr

No harm seen at all. Its always good to see different points of view.

We only run low R raids so I dont need the extra tanking oomph and thus prefer the extra healing ability for R10 groups. I expect I would feel differently if we were running higher R raids.
I'm an every point for advantage min max player. My paladin sweeps most players because the amount of hours ranging from builds to gear sets and sitting at 480AC, 727PRR and 401MRR in reaper with Renewal out healing any damage taken on R1.

I could never get into Barbarian with the amount of magical damage hitting me. I just didn't ever find a way to properly fit lay on hands or renewal on my barbarian, just took too much incoming damage it didn't feel helpful.