This must stop !

Ying

5000+ hours played
If the tactic shown was not wai or something SSG didn’t want getting out, the post would’ve been taken down.
Exactly like silently updating LOB in 2024 to remove a non-impactful perch spot from the pre-raid area 12 years after the raid was released. I'm still scratching my head over that, and why they'd keep it out of the patch notes.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Targeting that Baylor is a PITA I don’t get why it’s so difficult whats the purpose what’s the point what’s the moral of the story tab doesn’t target him you gotta click on him in some strange way
He's a pain to target. I can be standing on top of him and can't get tab targeting to work at times.

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
Exactly like silently updating LOB in 2024 to remove a non-impactful perch spot from the pre-raid area 12 years after the raid was released. I'm still scratching my head over that, and why they'd keep it out of the patch notes.
Nah, you know I only do starter difficulties with Spugs and that is only one group in ORD. There is rarely a need for it.
I do join other raid groups though.

I guess on the one hand they have a long list of things and only get active when it gets too popular or too critical. When it becomes inevitable. And on the other when someone stumbles upon something that is irrelevant.

Cheers,
Titus

Guntango

It was voted against it in my group. I really don't care personally because testing things is half of the fun. But what you posted doesn't change the fact that I can't target the Balor inside the ring. Unless you meant to say that ranged are supposed to be outside the ring. If that is the case, it is not very intuitive design.
You said it. There is no manual so I don't know. But being able to target the Balor should be possible in all positions.

Cheers,
Titus
In DDO, you’re better off listing the intuitive than not intuitive; it’s a far shorter list.

AMess

really appreciate you all sharing your tips/tactics! not only do we learn useful stuff, but we learn how you learn.

Many of us don't have teams strong/coordinated enough to experiment (color me envious), but still like to feel like we could be an alt if you have to pug a spot on your team.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
The reason I posted my initial comment was on top of disadvantages for ranged in the last 2 raids as OP stated there is the additional difficulty of targetting the Balor.
Ah, I read that as the disadvantage of thinking you needed to be in melee range. Targeting the Balor isn't a ranged issue, it's an everyone issue. Click target him; tab targeting is wonky on him.

Grumpy

But it would be great, if I could actually target the Balor inside the circles as a caster and /or ranged. That would be a good start now, wouldn't it?!

Cheers,
Titus
I only play ranged in that raid, and can tell you that it is almost impossible to target him. Auto-Target will not pick him up, and tab targeting will not pick him up, but you can move your mouse over him, his "marker" what ever you call the targeting box, is not where you would think, if I remember correctly, its near his head? Can't remember exactly where, sorry, but i remember having to use my mouse to find it.

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
I have found the cause of the ability to breach the forcefield barrier that is up in Fire over Morgrave, and it is "very likely" to be a bug (because if it was a unique mechanic, it shouldn't occur elsewhere where it basically is broken). That is all I can say, I would expect this to be patched at some point.

J1NG

Dom

I have found the cause of the ability to breach the forcefield barrier that is up in Fire over Morgrave, and it is "very likely" to be a bug (because if it was a unique mechanic, it shouldn't occur elsewhere where it basically is broken). That is all I can say, I would expect this to be patched at some point.

J1NG
The DDO Community appreciates your time and dedication to this research! The vagueness almost brings a tear to me eye 🥲

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
The DDO Community appreciates your time and dedication to this research! The vagueness almost brings a tear to me eye 🥲
You and others are quite welcome. Since this issue is not just a benefit to players, but it can be used by enemies against players as well. Or in short, much like the Overburdened Curse issue recently, players can be negatively impacted on by this issue in a nasty way as well. Hence, the vagueness (as it is both bug and exploit).

And as this thread is where the information sprung from recently that I read about it, I have included the heads up here so players are aware this capability will likely get patched out so as to not become reliant on it or get upset when it is removed - as it stems from an issue that has quite wide ranging implications in DDO. So it's not something you can just turn a blind eye to and call it a happy accidental feature that should be kept.

J1NG

l_remmie

The problem with the deflection aura is that it does NOT work as a bubble shield. You need to actually hit the things in melee to turn of that shield for a few secs.
Standing point blank next to it does nothing.
Which is especially annoying for the trash with the deflection auras.

Also the deflection % is quite ridiculous. It's not a (de)buff or a difficulty increase it's just a boring brick wall.

Kimbere

They've been terrified of transparency, and by proxy honesty, with the players for years. I've never understood it either.

Funny part is, they still wonder why a decent portion of the player base doesn't trust them.

Last edited:

rabidfox

The People's Champion
They've been terrified of transparency and by proxy honesty with the players for years. I've never understood it either.

Funny part is, they still wonder why a decent portion of the player base doesn't trust them.
WAI, not WAI, we never know for most things. And then stuff changes like sonic blast's AoE where it suddenly went from WAI the whole time to not WAI (at the same time as stormsinger got released). It can get tiring at times when players often QA bugs (that go live) and we're left to second guess if things are by design or not.

Epicsoul

You and others are quite welcome. Since this issue is not just a benefit to players, but it can be used by enemies against players as well. Or in short, much like the Overburdened Curse issue recently, players can be negatively impacted on by this issue in a nasty way as well. Hence, the vagueness (as it is both bug and exploit).

And as this thread is where the information sprung from recently that I read about it, I have included the heads up here so players are aware this capability will likely get patched out so as to not become reliant on it or get upset when it is removed - as it stems from an issue that has quite wide ranging implications in DDO. So it's not something you can just turn a blind eye to and call it a happy accidental feature that should be kept.

J1NG
While you're fixing bugs, I thought I'd bring a particularly troubling quirk to your attention. It seems our avatars have developed a peculiar fascination with the lower rungs of ladders. Picture this: you're on a mission, climbing to greatness, and suddenly, your digital alter ego decides that the first few steps of a ladder are the pinnacle of existence. Instead of ascending, one observes, in horror, a spasmodic dance of ladder love, much to the chagrin of their user.

This glitch isn't an amusing spectacle; it's downright hazardous. Lives have been lost to this ladder-induced fetish, and I'm here to politely request (or not so politely demand) your immediate intervention.

Dom

WAI, not WAI, we never know for most things. And then stuff changes like sonic blast's AoE where it suddenly went from WAI the whole time to not WAI (at the same time as stormsinger got released). It can get tiring at times when players often QA bugs (that go live) and we're left to second guess if things are by design or not.
Maybe if they had an actual internal QA team, and not just us players as their QA team, there would be less instances of this. But that's just wishful thinking.

Guntango

Maybe if they had an actual internal QA team, and not just us players as their QA team, there would be less instances of this. But that's just wishful thinking.
Hi Welcome to the QA team. Check’s in the mail.