This must stop !

The Narc

WAI, not WAI, we never know for most things. And then stuff changes like sonic blast's AoE where it suddenly went from WAI the whole time to not WAI (at the same time as stormsinger got released). It can get tiring at times when players often QA bugs (that go live) and we're left to second guess if things are by design or not.
The sonic blast change was like some of the recent changes in epic destinies, too much of an easy button for way too many build options, it made bards a subclass at best into a powerhouse for zerging content for TRing fast, as it combatted well their more recent design of large groups of mobs.

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
I only play ranged in that raid, and can tell you that it is almost impossible to target him. Auto-Target will not pick him up, and tab targeting will not pick him up, but you can move your mouse over him, his "marker" what ever you call the targeting box, is not where you would think, if I remember correctly, its near his head? Can't remember exactly where, sorry, but i remember having to use my mouse to find it.
I don't have the same problem when I am tanking him, meaning standing in front of him. I just noticed it tonight. I need to test this more.

WAI, not WAI, we never know for most things. And then stuff changes like sonic blast's AoE where it suddenly went from WAI the whole time to not WAI (at the same time as stormsinger got released). It can get tiring at times when players often QA bugs (that go live) and we're left to second guess if things are by design or not.

I recently asked someone from SSG if something is an exploit. He said that they don't like to call things exploits. There are things that are not wai. Players should use their own judgement. Maybe it was for that particular case maybe it is their general strategy but it is a dangerous one.
You need transparency and a clear ruleset to set a stage. Especially when you summon people from all over the world with a lot of different mind sets to these kind of things.

Cheers,
Titus

Dom

I don't have the same problem when I am tanking him, meaning standing in front of him. I just noticed it tonight. I need to test this more.

I recently asked someone from SSG if something is an exploit. He said that they don't like to call things exploits. There are things that are not wai. Players should use their own judgement. Maybe it was for that particular case maybe it is their general strategy but it is a dangerous one.
You need transparency and a clear ruleset to set a stage. Especially when you summon people from all over the world with a lot of different mind sets to these kind of things.

Cheers,
Titus
SSG devs operate in the mindset of "feels" before "reals". Been that way for a long time and you can see the effect it has on the game, or on their relationship with the community, at different times.

Bjond

How does it affect your opinion factoring in that: If yourself or someone else if within melee range of the target, the missile deflection is nullified?
That's not how it works in skeletons; you need a melee to actually hit it to unlock the deflect. Ranged in melee distance won't cut it and it's not just the corners, but random trash has it, too; it's really annoying to play ranged in skeletons. Not sure about FoM -- I don't play a ranged there often enough to recall.

IMHO, special abilities on mobs that severely reduce functionality on a subset of characters is bad design. I've been strongly against it since the days of EQ1 where they thought making "magic immune" mobs was a cool way of increasing difficulty. It's not fun or interesting. It's lazy. It doesn't result in balance. It just excludes players who happen to have that style of character from contributing.

The deflect isn't nearly as bad as a full-immune, but it's part of the same iceberg.

songswrath

The last 2 raids released both have anti-ranged deflect arrows mechanics. Please stop with that, it never made any sense but rn ranged dps is so far behind melee that it almost feels like trolling and is anoying af. The changes to hunter shot made it even worse as now if they deflect you hunt end shot it doesnt even carry over to the next atack, as it used to
Yah ok lol. They gave mobs dodge how you think melees feel now.

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ