Mystical Bands Do Not Exist in Game

Br4d

If Mystical Bands is in the game it has to be a reward from a less often run chain that likely is in the 9 to 18 range.

Anybody have odd quest chain out candidates? The ones that people constantly skip because they are poor XP or a hassle for other reasons?

Aelonwy

If the devs think they exist but no one has seen one in all this time its likely they were created in the devs loot tables but never actually enabled or selected to drop anywhere.

This is disappointing but it was far worse when Mystical Ingredients were dropping in selected chain rewards but had zero recipes they were used in after the first Cannith Crafting revamp. To a new or returning player those items seemed to be special and would be assumed to have some value when at the time they were useless inventory space junk.

I greatly appreciate that they added new recipes to use the old Mystical Ingredients. I only wish they would add more such recipes.

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
They probably drop from those weird unused reward givers up in the treetops in Meridia. You know, the ones that woulda coulda shoulda gave a reward for Orthon Nails or something.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
K, @SteelStar where do they drop? Give us a hint, n check the @ddowiki, maybe...
I will not give up. Tired of this BS. Unholy trap parts that do *****.. we had unholy with CC v1.0; gone with 2.0.. Gonna push Mystical/Epic crafting? SHOW ME THE GOODS. GRR! 😡

Last edited:

Br4d

Maybe Steelstar has them confused with Mystic Band, the headpiece that drops from Bring Me the Head of Ghola Fan?

dur

aka Cybersquirt
I asked someone that can data mine. It exists as an item. Not on an end reward list. Item mentions that it is in Isle of Dread. Where it drops, they had no idea.
But they focus on (and F up) non-issues like Weapon Weighting, and worse, TUMBLE. 😡

Mythic ingredients.. might have a band from c.2010.. Titan/Fens era. Dread is too new.

Probably something that got lost in CC 2.0 n not enough ppl noticed... it is a high-level craft.

Last edited:

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
I asked someone that can data mine. It exists as an item. Not on an end reward list. Item mentions that it is in Isle of Dread. Where it drops, they had no idea.
The fact that the item exists in the data files is encouraging, but sadly still no guarantee it actually drops anywhere. It does at least pin down that it's meant to be somewhere in Isle of Dread.

Mesmerin

What are you on about? How long you been playing?

*just checked, I have: bottle, goblet, fish, plant, vessel, urn. No Band. But there were v.large gaps in play time.. etc.

IIRC it was a high level craft then, too. Here's what I managed
Mystical Bands were added in update 55. They did not exist prior to that. The other ones (Mystical Plants, Urns, fish, etc), did.
Not a single person has posted an image of one., several have stated they have them but have not provided evidence. The picture on the wiki is stated as being automatically generated and not taken in game. So until someone posts a screenshot I call shenanigans on those stating they have it, they're either getting confused with the other mystical items (which to be fair were pointless for a very long time), or they are trolling.

Br4d

Mystical Bands was added the same time as IoD.

It's not an obvious drop because nobody has verified finding MB's, a few claims with no screenshots aside.

The loot table for the purple rares in IoD wilderness was "corrected" in U55.1. Not many people farm the purple rares because they're a PITA to find and then more bear than the average bear to take down.

Maybe Mystical Bands drop(s)(ped) in U55 and then was accidentally "corrected" in U55.1.

Maybe Mystical Bands drops at a very rare rate in just the purple rares chests. If it was a 1% drop rate we could easily just have not seen any significant drop rate yet given the locations.