Downtime Notice: Wednesday, April 24th 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

droid327

Aww its only expansions? Why not quest packs too? Expansions without the Market bundles are just big quest packs, after all...if you're willing to give away Sharn, Fey, and IoD, why wouldnt you give away Grip or Perils?

mordek

So let me get this straight. Ive been a loyal DDO player since beta/release and have purchased every expansion upon release. How is it fair that people who have made these purchases get a lousy 10% pot for gear that has been farmed out for months already whie people who havent made purchases get an entire expansion pack worth way more then the 1 pot??

Icebeast

So let me get this straight. Ive been a loyal DDO player since beta/release and have purchased every expansion upon release. How is it fair that people who have made these purchases get a lousy 10% pot for gear that has been farmed out for months already whie people who havent made purchases get an entire expansion pack worth way more then the 1 pot??
Well, if it gets others to come back and play a few days, it might work out for everyone. I plan to send out a few texts this week hoping to see some old pals.

mordek

Well, if it gets others to come back and play a few days, it might work out for everyone. I plan to send out a few texts this week hoping to see some old pals.
Its fine and great that they are giving this away but its literally a slap in the face to people who have payed for this content months/years ago. Insulting your active and paying player base like this isnt a good look.

Matsu

Question on the Expansions.

When you talk to Xatheral will the Dragon know which expansions you have purchased previously or will the dragon only give you a list of all the expansions?

Kintaya

NGL, the discovery elixir is pretty weak for players who have supported you via buying all the expansions.

This really should have been a discount code for Myth Drannor, or cool cosmetic.
THIS. Would've been really nice to get something meaningful like a 5-10% discount to the next expansion.... Or have it through VIP benefits.... While I'm glad to get new blood into the game via these giveaways, it just feels like a slap in the face to your loyal paying customers.

Jummby

This poor compensation encourages people to not bother buying expansion packs in the future....
1000 Store points (less than half of most expansion pack) as compensation for those that have them all would have been better, letting players buy something nice instead.
Seen alot of people recently leave over game performance issues. At this point they give nothing for down times and the game not working well, since the mentality seams to be complete indifference. It's an old game.that doest work correctly that is meant to be run into the ground until it either dies or enough people leave.

While I will be here till the wheels fall off, I have accepted reality.

Blerkington

The gift to people who already have all the expansions pretty much sums up SSG's attitude to its longterm customers. Once we've got you, we don't feel like we need to do anything to keep you. See also the new rewards for VIP customers; around a year in the making and fundamentally no different to the first atrociously bad offering.

It would take so little effort to do something significantly better for the people paying to keep the lights on but apparently even that would be too much. It just goes to support my theory that SSG treats its paying customers more like addicts, rather than people to whom they should be very grateful for sticking with them after all of their nonsense over all of these many years.

Cranjis

Unique Build and Cosmetic Connoisseur
So is there a specific reason that this downtime is scheduled to be 9 hours long? Patch notes show that there is just going to be a new year of the dragon released, and a few minor bugfixes. What's the reason for the *very* extended downtime?

droid327

So is there a specific reason that this downtime is scheduled to be 9 hours long? Patch notes show that there is just going to be a new year of the dragon released, and a few minor bugfixes. What's the reason for the *very* extended downtime?

I'm guessing its probably related to the technical issues they reported tonight, getting in a fix for whatever issues they diagnosed there