Downtime Notice: Wednesday, April 24th 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
Honestly, I have found the Vecna unleashed quests long and drawn out, so tedious to play thru, it was brought in with such a large number of quests and sold during a hardcore for favor hunters. It as a whole seemed to be not well received otherwise and they are still trying to sell it when i personally already have told people i know that dont have it to wait until it comes on for 99 points because its content you will rarely run. The quests are too lengthy and the rewards are not impressive.

I expect myth drannor to be much of the same, although it will likely have some super grind for end game players to work at to get some extra form of power, which will entice that crowd. Maybe something similar to the old green steel weapons, or maybe dino weapons, or maybe even worse like the cursed cards(this would be my vote especially if it is power that end gamers wont be able to ignore, i love watching them grind and complain, lol). Whatever it is I hope they implement a system where none of the power advancement can be cheated by duping, make them grind hard.
If they create another curse card grind insanity I will quit so fast and get at least 10 people to quit with me. I swear it !

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

The Narc

If they create another curse card grind insanity I will quit so fast and get at least 10 people to quit with me. I swear it !
Lol can we get a poll on this!!

Make sure you include an option in the poll, will you as an endgamer rough it out thru a grind similar to the curse card grind for the extra power.

And

Should we make sure the next grind has a system where duping can not be used.

👍🏻👍🏻

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I never got IoD on any of my accounts because I knew they would try something like this.
I think Myth D. is going to be one of those "unignorable" xpacs though. With gear as good or better than what Feywild was when it came out and superior to IoD in every way.
IoD gear is amazing and you've been playing without it for two years... So I don't see how MD having or not having good gear will matter for you.

Honestly, I have found the Vecna unleashed quests long and drawn out, so tedious to play thru,
The first few times doing them I felt the same. But now the I know them (with the exception of bite and the bark) they're all quite zergy. None of the take very long; even on r10 they're fast rxp/min.

Leggendary

1 hour potion reward. That's our gratitude to you players that bought all our previous expansion and kept the game alive....

Insulting...
But you are forgiven. Year's not over. Next time, try to be more imaginative and show more gratitude towards old players please.

The Narc

The first few times doing them I felt the same. But now the I know them (with the exception of bite and the bark) they're all quite zergy. None of the take very long; even on r10 they're fast rxp/min.
Is that on a low past lives toon in heroics?

I am only on my first run thru playing it blind in permadeath on heroics, are you referring to R10 in legendary?

I definitely think after multiple runs and being familiar with the content it could be run much faster.

If it wasnt paywalled for hardcore it certainly could have added 200+ favor with little threat of death.

Bjond

really overvaluing these discovery potions. They are not that great.
Understatement. They're worthless. I never even bother to use the ones in my bank. Are they even on the store? If so, my bet is no one buys them. Even if it had 100% chance of a named item, it would still be bad.

Want to make a "loot pot" that is worthwhile? Create one that permits you to CHOOSE any named loot item from a chest that you want. Chance has no value. Choice has value.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Is that on a low past lives toon in heroics?

I am only on my first run thru playing it blind in permadeath on heroics, are you referring to R10 in legendary?
I regularly run it while TRing for heroics r1 at lvl 18 or 20. And at cap on r10. Did it on my first life warlock (the I posted recently) on heroic r1 at 20 and legendary at 30 pre-cap (just some ee solos for speedy xp and higher in party) since I needed to get to 32. But what one person finds decent others might find a slog.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Giving away one basic expansion content to everyone is pretty damned cool. If I had an account that needed any of that content, I'd be thrilled about getting the equivalent of 2000-3500 DDO Points for free.

The problem is the 1 hour discovery elixir. It's a rounding error to SSG customers that have bought every expansion already. Even if it was 12 hours like the VIP one that will be available in that program, it's certainly not worth 2000 DDO Points. So SSG, you've successfully alienated your most loyal customers. That's what people are upset about wrt the elixir.

Kessaran

Giving away one basic expansion content to everyone is pretty damned cool. If I had an account that needed any of that content, I'd be thrilled about getting the equivalent of 2000-3500 DDO Points for free.

The problem is the 1 hour discovery elixir. It's a rounding error to SSG customers that have bought every expansion already. Even if it was 12 hours like the VIP one that will be available in that program, it's certainly not worth 2000 DDO Points. So SSG, you've successfully alienated your most loyal customers. That's what people are upset about wrt the elixir.
Are you really surprised though? Let's be honest, for those of us who own all the expansions (and doubly so for those like me that own all the UFB), we already get better rewards than anyone getting the base expansions without any of the goodies. We've had iconics from each expac that people won't get for free, we've had the tomes/hirelings/races etc. that people won't get for free. Arguably speaking, just the fact that we can get racial completionist while most of the people getting this for free won't be able to makes a massive difference. I'm not going to argue that this EoD is a massive slap in the face, but I also can't deny the rewards we got for purchasing the expacs on release definitely outweigh the "free expansion" people are getting. Still not a reason to punish us with an EoD, but gotta defend SSG a bit here because the purchased versions of the expacs are drastically better than just getting the adventure pack for free.

Also, let's be clear. They aren't getting the expansion for free, they're getting the adventure pack. Paying people got the expansion. HUGE difference.

Driaza

Agreed - dont think i have really criticised SSG before but its bad - last i checked IoD was like 3995 DP.... and VIPs get a pot. wow

ChaoticDrivel

IoD gear is amazing and you've been playing without it for two years... So I don't see how MD having or not having good gear will matter for you.

Not to mention: having a larger variety of quests/raids to play and places to explore, for those two years - which is reason enough to buy new content imo.

The Narc

I regularly run it while TRing for heroics r1 at lvl 18 or 20. And at cap on r10. Did it on my first life warlock (the I posted recently) on heroic r1 at 20 and legendary at 30 pre-cap (just some ee solos for speedy xp and higher in party) since I needed to get to 32. But what one person finds decent others might find a slog.
Makes sense, we just ran it in permadeath at level 17 on elite and we dont use ship buffs or house p buffs or any hirelings, so it was a little sloggy for us, i am sure a few more times around we could definitely be more familiar and speed it up and i dont think reaper 1 would make much of a difference once we wiuld be familiar with the content. For sure though i can say it doesnt play out as fast as the sharn content which is just smash and grab with a hearty group.

Draeqo

"All expansions except for Vecna Unleashed are available to choose from."

Booo. ☹️
That's the only one I haven't got yet!

Bought them all & I'm a VIP, so I'll have to wait for next year or so?
I guess SSG expects me to buy it as an expansion in the meantime. And they may be right, but still ...

JustHavingFunBro

Honestly, I have found the Vecna unleashed quests long and drawn out, so tedious to play thru, it was brought in with such a large number of quests and sold during a hardcore for favor hunters. It as a whole seemed to be not well received otherwise and they are still trying to sell it when i personally already have told people i know that dont have it to wait until it comes on for 99 points because its content you will rarely run. The quests are too lengthy and the rewards are not impressive.

I expect myth drannor to be much of the same, although it will likely have some super grind for end game players to work at to get some extra form of power, which will entice that crowd. Maybe something similar to the old green steel weapons, or maybe dino weapons, or maybe even worse like the cursed cards(this would be my vote especially if it is power that end gamers wont be able to ignore, i love watching them grind and complain, lol). Whatever it is I hope they implement a system where none of the power advancement can be cheated by duping, make them grind hard.
Vecna Unleashed has shown me this game has currently lost its way. The quest and latest pack were bad. Walking a metal dog? Really? Playing in rafters in a 20 minute quest? Is that why we gear our characters? So, we can run around not fighting anything and then spend 5 minutes turning 15 mirrors. Don't even get me started on the new Fred quest.
What happened to the great quest we got from Ravenloft and Feywild? Let me guess, the devs from that era got axed to turn more profit. And now we get left with constant lag, boring/lame new content, and servers that are on the verge of bursting into flames.

Toprak

Today's downtime is longer than usual because in addition to the game update we are doing some extended maintenance and additional work in the environments.
Are you able to provide additional details on the additional work, or is that covered in the notes already?

The Narc

Vecna Unleashed has shown me this game has currently lost its way. The quest and latest pack were bad. Walking a metal dog? Really? Playing in rafters in a 20 minute quest? Is that why we gear our characters? So, we can run around not fighting anything and then spend 5 minutes turning 15 mirrors. Don't even get me started on the new Fred quest.
What happened to the great quest we got from Ravenloft and Feywild? Let me guess, the devs from that era got axed to turn more profit. And now we get left with constant lag, boring/lame new content, and servers that are on the verge of bursting into flames.
I find 90% of saltmarsh and IOD run smoothly, so these are good too.