Downtime Notice: Wednesday, April 24th 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

Genkiba

How is it fair that people who have made these purchases get a lousy 10% pot for gear that has been farmed out for months already whie people who havent made purchases get an entire expansion pack worth way more then the 1 pot??
fair+does+not+mean+equal.png

Tolmynn

Economics.

Quest packs go stale - they lose value over time.

Low demand leads to low prices - zero demand - zero price.

Demand for content decreases as the customer base on the platform becomes saturated, ie everyone who's going to buy the content has. As demand decreases (assuming the customer base on the platform isn't expanding) the price will decrease. Eventually the content has zero market value left, and may be more useful as 'freebies' to get more customers to engage with the platform - and possibly drive up demand for new content.

The real/current market value of the potions may actually be *greater* than that of the content being given away for free.

Folks should appreciate getting real market value in the forms of the potions.

Monalisa

@Cordovan claimed the April YOTD, no potion in my inventory. My character flashed like I got a buff of some kind, but there is nothing showing on my buff bar to indicate I got anything. Talking to the YOTD NPC again does nothing.

What happened?

Dude

@Cordovan claimed the April YOTD, no potion in my inventory. My character flashed like I got a buff of some kind, but there is nothing showing on my buff bar to indicate I got anything. Talking to the YOTD NPC again does nothing.

What happened?
Did you talk to the Dragon and then the reward NPC? That's how I got mine.

Axcarth

I talked to the Dragon, he told me I had all the expansions. I talked to Estraz, no Elixir. I came back to the Dragon... same conversation... "you already own all expansions...". Estraz, no elixir. Back to Dragon, had to choose an already bought expansion. Estraz, no elixir. Now the Dragon wont talk to me and Estraz is giving no elixir to me. What is all this about?

Draeqo

I talked to the Dragon, he told me I had all the expansions. I talked to Estraz, no Elixir. I came back to the Dragon... same conversation... "you already own all expansions...". Estraz, no elixir. Back to Dragon, had to choose an already bought expansion. Estraz, no elixir. Now the Dragon wont talk to me and Estraz is giving no elixir to me. What is all this about?
Could it be that it's on another tab, earlier inventory page?

h46av8r

Yeah - dragon offers me like latest five packs but I already have them all. I then go talk to Estraz and he does not offer me the potion.

Belonnatorez

Exact same thing happened to me, got nothing this month I guess. Neither offers me anything now.

mordek

Did you really buy those expansions out of loyalty to DDO? Or did you buy them so that you could enjoy the content? If it truly was out of loyalty that you bought the expansions, why have you since abandoned that loyalty? If you bought the expansions to enjoy the content then you have received what you purchased.

SSG isn't obligated to give away free stuff. When they do give away free stuff they are free to give it away in the manner that they see fit.

I bought the stuff out of loyalty to the game. I even purchased xpacks when I was on breaks from the game at their full prices to support it. At least when it was turbine running things they would throw you a bone every now and again can't say the same for SSG

Nickodeamous

so, there is another thread already, but the dragon lists everything I already own (which is...everytyhing)...so I click on one of the packs to see if I need to cycle through, and poof, thank you for redeeming...uh, I got nothing... no elixir, nothing...

What now SSG? am I just not allowed to claim anything this month? or will it be fixed (i hope). :)